PDA

View Full Version : wip-almost done, car art

DSPIT
01-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Something I was doing for a buddy. Need a few things to finalize, but I have been slack in my posting and thought I would throw this out there.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jan-2003/14949-r62.12a.JPG

As always, comments welcome.

fugitive
01-07-2003, 09:17 PM
I don't think Healey had any pink in their logo. What did you do, create the car, color the car? I used to own one of these. Easily took care of the smaller Porches.

DSPIT
01-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Greg- yes, the logo should have been a deep red. I was using a picture from an original emblem. although in pretty bad shape. The red I used originally was deeper, but when I was playing with bevel world it softened the color. I was going to go back and fill it in, but the guy wanted the Union Jack as it is shown in the background, with min opicity. So I thought as the reds were similar it would flow better and decided to leave it that way. I told him, he agreed and that is how we left it.

I half created and half colored. I used a very poor picture to start the outline. I almost always do. I dont really need to most of the time, it just shortens the time spent on the outline drawing. Then I usally start modifying the car ever so slightly to give it a hot rod appearance yet remain mostly to form. Sometimes its hard for even the owner to notice why things look the way they do. That is the fun part for me. The car is in primer and most of the pieces arent on it. It didn't have any chrome with exception of the front bumper and part of the grill. The wheels he has are stock and not wire, I added those as well. The color scheme and other parts came from pics out of his Healy Northwest club mag. All hi lights and stuff are just goofin. The Union Jack is an actually picture, partially cropped. I just need to fix the floating car syndrome.

hope its to your liking. thanx fer lookin.

Dspit

fugitive
01-08-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm fairly sure wires were standard on all Healeys.
I would do something different with the windshield. A lighter color, maybe a lite blu. Sometimes one can do a lighter slightly distorted steering wheel to simulate looking through the glass, some white streaks.

digistyle
01-08-2003, 07:27 PM
I like this. What program did you use?

digistyle

DSPIT
01-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Digistyle, I used Painter 6 for the entire piece. Glad you like it.

Dspit

plumpfairy
01-09-2003, 08:27 AM
:D Nice render! He's gotta cute big grin on him! tee-hee!
jana:D ;)

crazy_cat
01-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Very nice! Would love to have one of these to go jamming down the East Coast!! :clap: :clap: :cat:

Drumbeat-trish
01-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Hey Dspit!! Not that I'm into cars but very cool pic :D I think you were right to leave the logo in the pinker shade too -gives more continuity. Looking forward to seeing more of your work :) :)

coolray
01-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Nicely done!

Makes you want to go for a spin!

Terry