PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 01.06.03

KarenU
01-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Well.....I'm off to my first pastel class this afternoon....needless to say, I'm quite excited!! I've been spending time angsting over what I need to bring with me. I'm sure when I get there I won't have the one thing that I need!

I'll let you all know tonight how it went. I'm taking my portrait of Emily and the other portrait I posted of the baby and get the instructor's insight into any more changes I need to make!

See you all in the threads! :D

Dark_Shades
01-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Wishing you luck and enjoy ....... lucky :evil:
.... Ive just ordered some Nupastels from Dick Blick .... set of 96!! wooooo hoooo :angel:

sundiver
01-06-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm so envious, Karen! Do share !

JamieWG
01-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Karen, don't forget to HAVE FUN! I can't wait to hear all about it. Mine doesn't start till February! Waaaaah! :crying: Furthermore, I'm off to my first evening back at work following the holidays.

BTW, I called the place where that second class (the still life/figure drawing one) is being held to find out the class maximum before I sign up and it's only 10 people allowed! So, I'm gonna do it for sure. I think that's a good, low number.

Jamie

KarenU
01-06-2003, 08:50 PM
So...I survived my first day, first class without a major stress attack! :D Mind you, I've never taken an art class before with other folks walking up behind you and watching what you're doing as you work! :D Plus...many of you know I got that great deal on eBay on the wooden pastel carrier...well everyone had to come over and talk about that as well. Needless to say, I didn't get as far along as others did with my work.

The class was set up with 2 different still life setups in the middle of the room with the easels just outside the setup area and then tables all around the room just past the easels. It made for a really nice setup. You could lay all your stuff out on a table and have everything close at hand as you stood and worked at your easel. The hard part was picking out which still life setup you wanted to do.

I'll post my results so far in another thread! :D Bottom line..I had a great time. The instructor was very helpful. She basically just continued to circle the room stopping at each student's easel and making suggestions throughout the class.

Next week is a continuation of the still life that we are working on, along with a demonstration by the instructor (for some reason she didn't do one today).

JamieWG
01-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Karen, I just read your other thread and asked a million questions, many of which you answered here! So, no need to answer them a second time! And I delighted that you enjoyed the class so much.

Jamie

sunny
01-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Very exciting Karen...I'm sure you're going to keep enjoying the classes....appreciate the time you're taking to share with us all the details..:)

Did you get a chance to show the instructor your work?

JamieWG
01-07-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by sunny
Very exciting Karen...I'm sure you're going to keep enjoying the classes....appreciate the time you're taking to share with us all the details..:)

Did you get a chance to show the instructor your work?

Oh yes, Karen, the one question I forgot to ask! Please let us know....

Jamie