PDA

View Full Version : drypoint??

bikevstar
01-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi, me again!

You can do drypoint on plexi, right? Do you need a press for that?I thought you took a sheet of plexi and used a tool that is like a pick and scratch the surface. Then you rub the ink onto the surface and wipe off the excess. Then I figured you need a press to squeeze the ink out onto the paper? Is this correct? No way of avoiding the press is there???

Thanks, Kelly

sassybird
01-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Drypoint techniqe can be used with plexi, aluminum, copper or any other metal used as a plate. You are correct in how it is inked and then wiped off to leave ink only in the etched areas.

There really are only two or three techniques that you can do in printmaking that does not required a press; lino and wood cut, and in some instances mono prints, but they are difficult.

Check with Dick Blick for presses. You can get one at a great price through them.

bikevstar
01-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks again, I'll check DickBlick's out. I'm in Canada so I may have to look somewhere here cause our dollar isn't worth ca,ca right now. Thanks so much,

Kelly

neutrahouse
01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by bikevstar
Thanks again, I'll check DickBlick's out. I'm in Canada so I may have to look somewhere here cause our dollar isn't worth ca,ca right now. Thanks so much,

Kelly

Ha Ha ! Ca Ca is right! Gotta love the Canuck buck! I know that Curry's or Loomis in Toronto don't sell presses, but they may know where to get them. If you are taking a printing class, as I am, you may want to ask the instructor..

Neutra.