PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Tool??

bikevstar
01-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Hey,

First, this is the best forum I've been to. It beats all others and there are so many knowledgeable people. What warms me the most though, is how helpful everyone is. Thanks for inspiring me to get back to art!
Has anyone ever used a dremel tool for woodcuts? If so, can you get a lot of different textures?

Again thank you so much, Kelly:D :D :D

sassybird
01-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Dremels are great for wood cuts, and the different textures are wonderful. You can also use a dremel on copper, aluminum, plexi, zinc and steel plates. The metal plates you have to experiment with to see which bits work the best, but the dremel is a versatile tool in printmaking.

My suggestion is to pick up a copy of The Complete Printmaker. You can pick it up for a fairly reasonalbe price through Amazon.com. Many times they even have used copies, or you can check your local college bookstore for a used or new copy. That book is the bible for printmakers.

Welcome to WC! and the printmaking forum. Our forum is not as fast moving as most of the others, but we have a great bunch that post in here, and everyone is willing to share their knowledge and experiences.

bikevstar
01-07-2003, 03:11 PM
I just ordered "The complete printmaker" and Monotype by Julia alyss (or something similar to that) from amazon.com. It's already on the way. Thanks for all your help and advice.

Kelly

Gisela
01-07-2003, 10:38 PM
I have both of those books -- a must for any printmakers library! :)
You're going to love the Julia Ayers book -- aside from all the great instructions on different monotype methods -- the book is pure inspiration!

Gisela

bikevstar
01-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Well, I got "The Complete Printmaker" and Monotype by Julia Ayres. Together with shipping and our lovely tax system here in Canada it cost me 75.00 for the two of them. And may I say, worth every penny. There is so much to learn and it really gets my engine started!

Thanks for the rec. on those books!
Kelly