PDA

View Full Version : lino prints-help!!!

bikevstar
01-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey,

I bought lino from the art store and I also bought ink and the tools to cut the lino, now what?? I don't have a press nor do I know what the hell I'm doing. Can anybody help me with this?

thanks, Kelly

sassybird
01-05-2003, 10:56 PM
I would suggest that you take a small piece of lino and practice with the tools to see what kind of cuts you can achieve. When you feel comfortable with the tools and the feel of the lino then do a drawing on the lino and do your cutting. Remember that whatever you cut will come out the opposite when you print it.

Now, as for the printing, you don't really need a press for lino. Take and old wooden spoon, lay your paper on top of the inked lino and rub in a small circular motion beginning in one corner and working your way up and down the page. Try to keep your pressure the same. When you cut your paper make sure that you leave what is called a gripper space in the offset printing business. It is a section big enough for you to hold down while you do the rubbing. I would suggest taking a metal ruler with the cork on the back to use while you do this. It is easier to hold that down firmly over the paper edge than just using your fingers or hand. Don't try to print on the whole page. You want borders.

bikevstar
01-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the help. I did some wandering and found lots of info on this on this site. Sorry, I wasted your time. Just getting used to the forum and finding the info I need.

Again, thanks, Kelly