PDA

View Full Version : Seejay's 12 days of December

seejay
12-07-2010, 02:59 AM
Decided to jump into the December challenge - like eating fruit and veges it will be good for me.

Sketchbook - A4 size, cartridge paper, 110 gsm, spiral bound

My challenge is to draw heads (I won't call them portraits). I am starting with 12 small heads on the first day, 11 on the second day, 10 on the third, and so on, until I will do one larger and hopefully more recognisable human head on the last day.

I will probably do them all from photos, from various sources, but I'll see how I go...the use of these photos will be purely for educational purposes.

Day One - 12 small heads - graphite clutch pencil 0.9mm, HB and 2B, from a book about J Robert Oppenheimer and the development of nuclear weapons during WWII...most of the photos I referenced are small, some around postage stamp size, so my heads are bigger than the photos. No great likenesses, but some look almost human so I'm happy.

Two pages, six heads to a page...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2010/6409-day1december_1.resized.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2010/6409-day1december_2.resized.jpg

Fingers crossed I can finish this off!:crossfingers:

Cheers

DrDebby
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
These are great. And you are making it easier on yourself by starting backwards, doing the most difficult first. You'll do fine. Only 66 more to go.

seejay
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks Debby - my idea is to spend about the same amount of time each day - it may not happen, but hopefully the last one/s will be better with the practice.

Day 2 - eleven seemed to take longer than yesterday's twelve, hope that isn't a trend that continues!:D

Page 1 (six heads - various photos off www...)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2010/6409-day2_1.resized.jpg

Page 2 (five heads - two old master ripoffs, and some from the Oppenheimer book....)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2010/6409-day2_2.resized.jpg

Cheers

JTMB
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
These are great, Chris! Especially for fast and small - I think larger is easier in a number of respects. The classic Vermeer is really nicely done.

Chuckcamo
12-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Oppenheimer... he always wore that hat and puffin on a pipe... you captured his likeness.. E=mc2 had a lot to do with it too... great job on those sketches...

CandAlArt
12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Excellent variety of sketches! You are good at getting the different expressions and moods.

virgo68
12-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Yay Chris! I love seeing other people do portraits and figures :)
These are great - my favourite is the girl with the pearl earring....

How clever of you to work the other way back - as it gets busier in the month you can concentrate on less ;)

eyepaint
12-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Cool work!

How clever of you to work the other way back - as it gets busier in the month you can concentrate on less ;)
Yeah - you are a smart artist :)

Joan T
12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Chris - Great idea to start with 12 sketches and work you way backward to one final one. Clever!!

robertsloan2
12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
These are fantastic! You've already got good proportions and modeling shadows, so watching your progress is going to be a joy. Great idea doing it backward with 12 studies first, then doing one fewer each day. Gorgeous head studies. So many of them too - 23 just to start, amazing!

seejay
12-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone!

Chuck - E=mc2 had a lot to do with it too Everything to do with it, scary if you think about it too much.

EP - you are a smart artist :D I get called that all the time (at least it sounds something like that).

Robert - So many of them too - 23 just to start Hopefully I can keep finding heads!

Cheers all

DrDebby
12-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh, there are plenty of heads in the world. But, are they worthy of making it into your sketchbook? Great job on 11.

Elain
12-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Such a variety of heads and what a wonderful idea as a way to practice.

You certainly have the proportions and recognisable likenesses.

ponting
12-09-2010, 03:21 AM
When you're good, you're good and you are good! :thumbsup:

Cheers, Dianna

seejay
12-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Debby - are they worthy of making it into your sketchbook?

:D They may not think so...

Elain - You certainly have the proportions and recognisable likenesses.

Let's just say it's a work-in-progress. :lol:

Dianna - you are good!

I wish! Nice of you to say so, but there is a long way to go yet.

Cheers

seejay
12-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Day 3, ten heads

One step forward, two steps back...:D

I felt the urge to use a pen today, and that's all I'm going to say about that! Most images from an old book about Russia, one from a book about China, and one from a skull image from WWW....

... I did return to the safety of my pencils and erasers for most of the second page. (What can I say, I'm a wuss!:cat: )

Page 1

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2010/6409-day3_1.resized.jpg

Page 2

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2010/6409-day3_2.resized.jpg

Cheers

ponting
12-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh yes, I like the pencil...so forgiving. I am serious, for what these are...simplified sketches...they are great! Now if I was looking at them on separate sheets, I would think you were tossing the bad ones out but there is no tossing here so your are very consistent.

Cheers, Dianna

JTMB
12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Nice group. The skull is my favorite of the bunch - very well done, although it appears the owner of the skull should have spent more time at the dentist...! :)

seejay
12-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Dianna - Thanks again.

there is no tossing here so your are very consistent

The temptation to cull was there!:D

John - it seems easier to draw with missing teeth, nice negative shapes!

Cheers

DrDebby
12-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Splendid page of heads, both with and without flesh.

Chuckcamo
12-10-2010, 09:46 PM
both look good in pencils or pen to me... the shading is excellent.

lovin art
12-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Chris , great way to push yourself , why dont you try some from life around you , oh you could end with the Jolly fat guy in the red suit .:D ......good luck with it!!:thumbsup:

seejay
12-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sandra - why dont you try some from life around you

Working on that, definitely much better than just using photos. Not sure the fat guy would sit for me, he's too busy scaring little children at the shopping centres. Speaking of which, I saw the photo you posted in the other forum, a lovely picture.

Day 4 - nine heads, graphite pencils, see if you can guess the theme!:D (maybe you will recognise one or two of the characters, that's about as many as I do.:evil: )

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2010/6409-day4december2010.resized.jpg

cheers

virgo68
12-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Chris - great work - I really like the pen on second page of the 10 heads, and I think I can spot a few familiars in the last post ;)

I think that ink is quite unforgiving as a medium for portraits but have seen some that are brilliantly done - I think you should persevere with them a bit longer - you have potential there!

lovin art
12-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Working on that, definitely much better than just using photos. Not sure the fat guy would sit for me, he's too busy scaring little children at the shopping centres. Speaking of which, I saw the photo you posted in the other forum, a lovely picture.

Oh Did you see that , yeah Im brave if nothing else , but lots of learning for me at least hey !! thankyou thats a really nice thing to say ...oh I think your heads are getting more life in them as I look at this next lot , well done !

Joan T
12-11-2010, 10:14 AM
These are great!!! I like your style of sketching people, and the ones in ink came out really well!!

DrDebby
12-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Recognize more than 2. Great job. Is it getting easier with decreasing numbers?

seejay
12-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for dropping by!:wave:

Jackie - I think that ink is quite unforgiving as a medium for portraits but have seen some that are brilliantly done - I think you should persevere with them a bit longer - you have potential there!

I like pens, but unless you go slow and build up, it gets messy. Your comment reminded me of an old post of mine - here is a link for old times sake if you want to take a look (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30418).

Sandra - Oh Did you see that , yeah Im brave if nothing else , I actually meant the Santa and baby photo, but now I've seen your other one too - you are brave! :cat:

Joan - the ones in ink came out really well!

I used a ballpoint pen for these, I need more practice to get subtle marks. Today I dug out my dip pen and did some more...

Day 5 - eight heads:- top two are black Polychromos, the rest are dip pen, dilute black ink and full strength sepia ink. Mostly master "copies", five of them Durer's.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2010/6409-day5_8heads.resized.jpg

Cheers

Chuckcamo
12-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Awesome Star Trek sketches, great job at capturing their likeness.... :)

Your ink works looks great too, like the lines... I have some super black india ink with dozens of nibs to use, but I haven't worked up the guts to use.

seejay
12-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks Chuck - well spotted with the Star Trek theme - from an encyclopedia of Star Trek.

I'll stick with the dip pen for a while I think, I really enjoy using it even on cheap sketchbook paper (bleeding ink, tearing holes, nothing to worry about :D). You won't regret using up some of your ink, go for it! I would recommend using better paper (thick, smooth) to reduce negative experiences.

Cheers

RainySea
12-11-2010, 11:53 PM
love the heads, esp. the star trek ones :)

seejay
12-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks Rainy. Glad you like the heads, not too much subject variety here!:D

poochemio
12-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Chris
These are great. Clever to do the reverse order. I like them all, the ball points really intrigue me. I've fallen in love with my ballpoints again, and your work is positively making me want to go play with one.

JTMB
12-12-2010, 01:22 AM
More nice heads...Durer is one of my favorites, so enjoyed those in particular.

virgo68
12-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the link Chris - love it! I know ink is really slow but I think it can be worth it - if I turned out something as well as the Cure Man I would be happy :wink2:

I like the way this current challenge is going for you - might be all heads but lots of variety in the style and technique :thumbsup:

DrDebby
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Marvelous job with the dip pen.

CandAlArt
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
...to boldly draw where no man has drawn before!" da-daaaaaa, dadadadada! (Recognize the theme song?):lol:

Enjoying your sketches. Both ink and pencil have nice character to them. Dip pens scare me, or rather, the open bottle of ink ....

seejay
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks everyone!

Candace - Dip pens scare me, or rather, the open bottle of ink .... Dip pens are great, just don't stab your hand, it hurts!:wink2:
Here is a link related to spill proof ink containers. (http://www.pentrace.net/east/yatate/index.html). When I want one I use a camera film container with a bit of cotton material. Works quite well with practice, good for outdoors work.

Jackie - if I turned out something as well as the Cure Man I would be happy Thank you, it was fun to revisit.

Margo - Clever to do the reverse order :D It's starting to pay off, today was quicker.

seejay
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Day 6 - seven heads

Homemade reed pen and sepia ink. Worked better than the dip pen on this cheap sketchbook paper. Old movie star photos from www used as reference - they've seen better days. :D

The sketching went quicker today - apart from less heads, I wonder if it was the reed pen or the really cool 80's music I have playing?:evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2010/6409-day6dec2010.resized.jpg

Cheers

DrDebby
12-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Magnificent pen and ink. Glad things are getting easier for you.

seejay
12-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks Debby - I put away my reed pen today, and dug out all sorts of stuff - wc pencils, pen, Neocolor IIs, and oil pastels, and had a ball.

Day 7 - six heads, mixed media, all copies of a famous artist's portraits.

Shouldn't be any need to identify the artist, let me know if you need a hint. He may have had some issues, but there is something special about his work. I just wish I could see his paintings IRL instead of little reproductions...maybe one day!:crossfingers:

1) four heads, including one of his self-portraits - I tried to adjust the colours of this one, maybe just a touch bright in places, but better than the original scan
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2010/6409-day7_1.resized.jpg

2) the other two heads...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2010/6409-day7_2.resized.jpg

Now I just need ideas for the next five days!:D

Chuckcamo
12-13-2010, 11:24 PM
excellent job.... these sketches are awesome.... very well done!

His brother mentioned his last words, La tristesse durera toujours. It is said that he would chew on his brushes, so I think he suffered more from lead poisoning than anything else.

lovin art
12-14-2010, 01:31 AM
That cold drink must of worked for you then :D , because these look cool , love the Tribute to Vincent ....:thumbsup:

virgo68
12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Colour - cool!!! Great stuff Chris ;)

I saw Starry Night in the "flesh" at an exhibition in Melbourne a few years back. Impressionism has never been my thing but WOW, when I saw it for real it made sense! Reproductions do not explain impressionism - I think it must be seen to be understood. His was just one of many that blew me away.

DrDebby
12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Wonderful theme for the day. Great job copying a master. Great seeing you work in color too. Hey you've done most of the challenge, the rest should be easy.

Chuckcamo
12-16-2010, 02:57 AM
I forgot to say I don't speak french lol:P good ol wikipedia...

robertsloan2
12-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Catching up... Chris, wonderful variety in your heads! Recognized the Star Trek ones, but I'm not so good on other famous people except Van Gogh, whom you also got wonderfully. Love the Durer inspired heads too. Very tricky getting color to scan right even after adjusting with Photoshop or Gimp, that gets tough, but brave of you to use color! Also brave the ones you did so well in pen.

This is a wonderful series! Go go go, you're on a downhill slide now!

seejay
12-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone!:clap:

Chuck - I had to google your phrase, now I can't remember what it means! The power of my mind fails to boggle me sometimes.:D There are plenty of theories about Vincent and his mind/mental state, I like the story where he eats tubes of paint...yum!!!.

Debby - the next few days may be easier, depends how much effort I feel like putting into them...:wink2:

Robert - funny you should mention the 'downhill slide', todays post may be the start of it.:angel:

And now for something a bit different... Day 8 - five heads

Warning - these images may frighten small children and cute furry animals. :evil: Everyone else takes their chances....

Quick semi-blind contour drawings (kinda self-portraits), pencil and pen; all these in total took about ten minutes, something like the time I have been spending on each of the other heads. Done from life using a mirror. I wanted to enjoy myself today, so decided on the contour style drawings.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2010/6409-day8_5heads.resized.jpg

Cheers

DrDebby
12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
So that's what you look like. As long as you have a mirror, you've got a model to draw. Great job on 5.

JTMB
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm really enjoying your head sketches, Chris! I admire the informal style you use on some of them - I've tried to loosen up to that approach but it's hard (for me anyway).

seejay
12-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks Debby - I find it difficult to concentrate looking in a mirror, so doing more would be a good idea.

John, thank you too. Informal is one word for them, luckily I like doing them.

Well, I did day 9, on a par with yesterday's effort, but it looks like WC doesn't like it, can't upload or attach. That may be a blessing!:D

I will try again later (and that's a threat!:evil: )

Cheers

CandAlArt
12-17-2010, 10:45 PM
O Chris! I love the sorta-self-portrait page! The way they overlap gives me a sense of narrative, or like you are pondering something, thoughts moving. Very interesting.

I often doodle/sketch a face over & over that- probably- is a sorta self portrait. It is the face I know best & the pics all look alike. Humerously when friends see the sketches they think it is John Lennon*. I have heard that for decades. Ha! I never tell them anything. Just a face. (*Either he looks like a girl or I need a better haircut:lol: )

seejay
12-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Thanks Candace, glad you like my muck around heads, I might stick with the theme for a couple of days.

I'll see if I can post in day 9 page now...

Day 9 - four heads - prismacolor (until I got too butch and broke the lead), then pen, pencil

It's hot and humid, I don't feel like doing anything else, so this is it.

I was looking at some Egon Schiele self-portraits last night, and thought maybe I could continue with my mirror sketches, aiming for something in his style. I think I missed. Maybe I can have more luck with Rembrandt?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2010/6409-day9_4_heads.resized.jpg

Cheers

DrDebby
12-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Marvelous. Your self portraits are great.

virgo68
12-18-2010, 07:50 PM
LOVE THEM! I really like the style of blind contour drawings - did them in life drawing classes many times and I think they are just so different to my personal style that is why I like them so much! You did extremely well - I can see the Egon Schiele influence (esp, bottom left), and the expression is one of intense concentration :lol:

Bravo to you for trying out these different styles, you are certainly producing some strong drawings :)

lovin art
12-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Well I can vouch for him:D , its you to a tea I think , well done Chris:clap: ....love the sketchy edgeiness to them all !!...

seejay
12-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks Debby, Jackie. More sps to come I think; any hesitation / trepidation I had in posting these is gone. Anything could happen in my last three posts!:D

Too hot / muggy to contemplate doing more of these today. Rain has just started to fall, again / still, looks like a wet Xmas around here. Great weather for frogs and ducks, not so good for sketching, inside or outside. :D

Cheers

seejay
12-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Hey Sandra, you snuck in while I writing my other reply. Thanks for that - for what they are, any resemblance is purely coincidental, so I'm glad you can see something.:D

Elain
12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Great range of heads, several I recognise.
A good idea copying different styles and I love the Durer and Van Gigh ines,

I especially like the last two days with the contour drawings.

eyepaint
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Wonderful heads series!! I love, love, LOVE the blind contour self-portraits!!!!

RainySea
12-20-2010, 02:20 PM
really awesome self-portraits. . . I love how you did those. I so enjoy seeing artists self portraits :)

Joan T
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Great job on the self portraits/blind contours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!

seejay
12-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your comments everyone. :thumbsup:

Day 10 - for me that means three heads.

Pre-tinted my page with some pastel (sprayed with shellac to fix) to get rid of the stark whiteness...then used a mix of prismacolour, graphite and charcoal pencils for todays heads. Two are Rembrandt copies to get in the mood, then another self portrait, trying to infuse a bit of his style (even wore my hat, Rembrandt loved his headgear:cat: ) - my wife said 'it isn't too bad actually, for a bushranger.' That's better than what I was thinking, so I'll run with that!:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2010/6409-day10dec.resized.jpg

Cheers

virgo68
12-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Cool! Like the way you tinted the paper, it gives it an aged look to suit the Rembrandt style.

You do have the Aussie style going on well I think...... ;)

seejay
12-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jackie.

I think the tint worked well, I'm still processing the rest of it!:D

cheers

DrDebby
12-21-2010, 02:06 AM
The tinted paper looks great. I really like your drawings on this page.

seejay
12-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks Debby. Almost done with this challenge, jsut waiting for inspiration to finish off.

Elain
12-23-2010, 02:03 PM
nice head studies again. What - no corks on the hat?

Your drawing skills are great the way all the hats sit on the heads, your shading and rendition of textures - love that beard.

Scattykat
12-23-2010, 02:46 PM
wow, dedication to portraiture, brill work on all yer heads, Mr Spock rocks, but these last ones are fab...

seejay
12-23-2010, 05:18 PM
nice head studies again. What - no corks on the hat?

Your drawing skills are great the way all the hats sit on the heads, your shading and rendition of textures - love that beard.

Thanks Elain. Corks? Not too many flies here on the coast luckily!:D

Hats on heads - slowly learning how to construct heads, lots more practice needed of course, but it helps stop cutting off bits of the skull.

Beard - it's getting a bit hot, I think it'll come off after Xmas.

Cheers

seejay
12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
wow, dedication to portraiture, brill work on all yer heads, Mr Spock rocks, but these last ones are fab...

Thanks Scattykat. I would like to do portraits properly, hopefully I can get serious in the new year, do some hard work / study. Until then I'll noodle in my sketchbook.

Checked out your blog, nice work!

RainySea
12-23-2010, 08:35 PM
way cool idea to tint the paper, gives it an aged feel or something. Love the self portrait the best :)

JTMB
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Great job on the portraits - self and otherwise! Great to be able to do them with different styles.

lovin art
12-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Great , wheres your finish !!!:confused: hope you had a great day !:thumbsup:

seejay
12-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks Rainy, John, Sandra.

wheres your finish

Sandra, hopefully before the end of December!:D I'm busy trying to stay dry at the moment, I assume the same for you.

Cheers

Chuckcamo
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
The Rembrandt's and your self portrait look great, like the background color too.. It's always fun to mix your style up! :) Great job!

Artlike
12-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Chris, I really like your portraits....the tinted paper looks very good...I may have to try that.

Ed

seejay
12-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Chuck and Ed - thank you. I suppose I'd better finish this off, running out of time fast!:D

seejay
12-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Okay, time to bring this challenge home. :thumbsup:

Days 11 and 12, oil soaked charcoal...just in time before Dec ends.:evil: First sunny day in what seems like weeks, finally back in the mood to sketch.

day 11, two heads - from old photos on www...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2010/6409-day11dec.resized.jpg

day 12, one head - my wife's garden Buddha
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2010/6409-day12dec.resized.jpg

Cheers everyone, thanks for sharing the ride!:clap:

Elain
12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
And thank you too for the ride Chris!

Love the jolly fat buddha

RainySea
12-31-2010, 11:48 AM
great finish, Chris. . . congrats on completing the challenge. Love that jolly buddha :)

Happy new year

JTMB
12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Good job on the monthly project, Chris! Your portrait sketches have been great to see. The Buddha is great...brings back a memory from perhaps ten years ago. Two people who worked in my group then had to take a business trip to mainland China. One of the two was a very nice fellow (Andy) who was quite rotund, with a happy round face as well. They took extra time there to do some sightseeing, and were rather surprised to find out that the locals viewed Andy as a minor celebrity. He had many requests for pictures from the locals, and particularly their kids, who they would have sit on his lap to pose, sort of like Santa Claus. They asked one of their business hosts about it, and were told that it was because people thought Andy looked like the smiling Buddha and considered it good luck to get a picture with him.

Have a very happy new year!

DrDebby
12-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Congrats on a fine finish. Great job on all the faces.

seejay
12-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone. One day when I feel really patient and calm I plan on taking the buddha inside and doing a long slow careful drawing study of it...maybe in a few months when things cool down; sweat and careful drawing don't mix!

Great anecdote John, made me smile too.

Cheers

Scattykat
01-01-2011, 03:57 AM
a great collection of portraits all, and what wonderful application to see it through. Bravo on getting to the last one, and it's a peach, love that laffing budda....

Davkin
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Great portrait sketches Seejay, very impressive.

David

seejay
01-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the pat on the back, Kat and David.

Cheers

poochemio
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I very much enjoyed your entire portrait series. The Buddha was a grand finale!

seejay
01-04-2011, 04:29 AM
I very much enjoyed your entire portrait series. The Buddha was a grand finale!

Thanks Margo, I enjoyed doing it. Hopefully I'll stick with a few more heads for a while now I have made a start.

Joan T
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
These are just great! I especially like the one of the buddah. It would make a nice larger drawing.

seejay
01-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks Joan. The buddha is popular, maybe it's those big ears!

virgo68
01-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Sorry I am slow to comment Chris (been AWOL) magnificent finish - well done!

seejay
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry I am slow to comment Chris (been AWOL) magnificent finish - well done!

No worries, Jackie, it's that time of the year. Are you staying cool?