PDA

View Full Version : Update on the site

scottb
05-20-1999, 09:46 PM
Just a quick message to let everyone know that the move is going quite nicely! I had the chance to feast my eyes on our new web server today. Oh my. 40 gigabytes, 256MB of RAM, Pentium III 550Mhz, all strapped up to a 100 megabit fiber backbone going into two T-3 lines. It's enough to make you drool!

At any rate, in light of the move, we are under a temporary "content freeze" for a few days. But don't worry, next week we'll be back with plenty of new lessons, critiques, and product announcements.

Stay tuned, and happy painting!
Scott

scottb
06-04-1999, 01:20 PM
Hi gang!

Well, the move is complete! We are now up and running on the system. However, if you find anything that looks strange, or doesn't work as advertised, by all means let us know.

The Virtual Museum is open, and we have added a few new lessons in ArtSchool Online. We have quite a backlog of new content to add, so stay tuned!

Cheers.
Scott

anitaarts
08-17-1999, 01:19 PM
Scott
what's going on with ARTISTSNATION? How will they be tied in with Wetcanvas?

scottb
08-17-1999, 03:56 PM
That's a secret... :-)

Suffice it to say that ArtistNation will be absolutely the easiest way for an artist to have a permanent, commerce-enabled web site.

Cheers.
Scott

anitaarts
08-18-1999, 03:31 PM
Could you translate " commerce enabled"?
Congrats on all your new changes.Great enhancements. I can't believe how many visitors your site has.Has Caulder ever made his appearance in your new Gallery? Also,have you heard of Ebay? I know of an organizaton that is using it quite well to aucton off art work.

scottb
08-18-1999, 07:25 PM
Hi there, Anita!

When I refer to being "commerce-enabled", I mean in the sense of selling art online. I can't say too much at this point - other than it's pretty plug and play. Within just a few minutes, an artist can be up and running with their own dedicated web site, web-based email (ala Hotmail), and be selling art online, commission-free. :-)

Oh yes - I know ebay all too well. I'm practically an addict myself. :-)

Cheers.
Scott

Diana Lee
08-18-1999, 08:08 PM
I checked out ebay for the first time three days ago and decided to put some shirts on it. I SOLD THREE. I am flabberghasted, and the bidding still has four more days.

Diana