PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Change in the weather

NaomiThePainter
12-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi ya'll,

I've been working on paper lately (my fear of canvas has caused it). I'm exploring a few things relating to the weather in the fair city of Melbourne and how quickly it changes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Dec-2010/93445-DSC05712.JPG

This is the first of two similar paintings. The second will be different clouds on a lighter sky. I want to cut up the paintings and weave them together.
But now that I spent 3 hours bend over this painting, I almost cant' bear the thought of putting a pair of scissors to it... but, I think it will work. And one must do these things to find out, mustn't one! :)

It's only paint. It's only paper. Only three hours. *breathe*

Now to work on the other painting so I can get cracking with the bit scary scissors! :)

gaykir
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Your concept sounds fascinating! I can't wait to see the final outcome! What a marvelous idea!!

OkeeKat
12-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Great sky, anxious to see where this goes with the scissors!

vmrs
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds interesting, can't wait to see the final result!

vensunn
12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Naomi
My advice:
Just do it!!
What you have done here is beautiful and there's no reason that what is to come will be any less. Experimentation is the road to growth. Get going and enjoy the process! Go where it leads you and see what developes.
You are exactly right that it is just paint, paper and living life!
Steven

NaomiThePainter
12-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Thank you all :)

I have some time tonight and will work on the second part. Woo.

Does anyone have any advice on making the paintings less flat?
Like glazing but not actually glazing? (as I presume glazing won't work with opaque colours eg: titanium white).