PDA

View Full Version : Other ways to use prints in artwork.

sassybird
12-29-2002, 10:26 PM
This piece is a collaboration between Dave, my husband, and I.

The Box: is made of laminated boards of birch wood. Once the lamination is dry the bottom and top of the box are cut off so that the inside can be cut out. This is done by going in through one of the corners. When that step of the box is completed the corner and bottom are glued back on. The inside is then lined with felt of different colors to match the art work on the top. The top is attached with brass henges and closures. The boxes are either stained or waxed to protect the wood depending on the result we are looking for.

The Art Work: is multi-medium using one of my etching prints, watercolor, minature and reg. size rose petals and leaves. Once the work is completed the lid is sealed with up to 8 layers of polyurethene to protect the work.

Of course the photo is not straight as is usual with me......lol and the yellow in the bee does not appear so green/yellow.

marilyn h
12-30-2002, 09:12 PM
This is gorgeous! Was it a gift?

sassybird
01-01-2003, 05:24 AM
Yes, Marilyn, we gave this to one of our good friends for Christmas. He was delighted :)

sunny
01-01-2003, 08:01 AM
This piece is wonderful. What a great way to combine your mediums....

So much to create!!! so little time....so can I be on your Christmas list for next year?:D I really like this..quess you can tell...

sassybird
01-01-2003, 11:55 PM
lol sunny Sign up for the Christmas in July project as well as the Christmas exchange project. Maybe I will draw your name. I do send the work I do for these projects to the people I draw :D

I'm glad you like the piece so much. It was so much fun to do.