PDA

View Full Version : Someone Has to do it!

purplepansey
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
My son in law sent me a photo of my daugher painting the baseboard with their ever present cat keeping her company. The photo was kind of blah, enclosed here for you to see. I put my own spin on it with a little artistic license. Hope you like it and any pats or pans happily accepted. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2010/52562-Pam_Trimming_Woodwork.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2010/52562-Painting_Baseboard.jpg

shunter
11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Great use of artistic license :thumbsup:

Steve

OkeeKat
11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Well done Shrl!
Love your changes! Great work!!

purplepansey
11-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks a bunch Steve and Kathie love your comments.

chammi kaiser
11-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Purple. Firstly, I think the title is great. I love this painting. It tells a story and the red wall just brings everything to life. The cat on the windowsill is very funny - sort of saying 'oh well , if she has to do it, I might as well see if there is something more interesting out there!!!

noodle1
11-21-2010, 08:47 AM
This is charming and you get several pats..teehee..well done!!!

Elaine

ladypainter
11-21-2010, 09:05 AM
I really love this piece and the title is excellent as well

purplepansey
11-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Chammi Happy you like the title and also what the cat is thinking or saying, :cat:
Elaine thank you so much for the pats :music:
Elinor I'm so happy you likte my painting and also the title. :)
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS.

Max Whitten
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Shrl,
Wonderful imagination and composition in this work; you may not be aware but the cat sits exactly at the ‘Golden Mean’ (1.618 to 1 from the bottom and left side) which to me is the center of interest.

The loose treatment of the area outside counters the architecture, which is also repeated in the floor.
The subdued red wall is the perfect choice and while everything else is static, the figure is active. Great treatment overall for an ordinary subject.

Max

bushma'am
11-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Oh yes, I have to agree wholly with Max. The painting is better than the photo - warmer; more energy also a touch of mystery that I can't quite put my finger on - Hmm?

B

purplepansey
11-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi Shrl,
Wonderful imagination and composition in this work; you may not be aware but the cat sits exactly at the ‘Golden Mean’ (1.618 to 1 from the bottom and left side) which to me is the center of interest.

The loose treatment of the area outside counters the architecture, which is also repeated in the floor.
The subdued red wall is the perfect choice and while everything else is static, the figure is active. Great treatment overall for an ordinary subject.

Max

Thanks Max for the lovely comments on my painting it was very encouraging to read and no I didn't know the cat was sitting on the Golden Mean, nice to know that. Thanks for stopping by. :clap:
Bushma'am thanks to you as well for adding your comments thinking there's a touch of mystery to it. :cat:

gaykir
11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
This is just wonderful. My first thought was "wonder how long it will be before cat hairs show up in the baseboards". Great use of compliments!

vmrs
11-22-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree, your painting is way better then the photo. Love it.

CSimchik
11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Very nice-what size is it? So cute to remember and love the black cat charm.

purplepansey
11-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Hello Gayle, had to laugh about the cat hairs - she must trust that the cat isn't right there with her nose in the paint pail.
Virginia thanks, so happy you like the painting better than the photo
Candy, the size is 8 by 10 , thanks so much for the nice comments by you and all of the others who took time to look and comment. :clap: :music:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.
luv, shrl