PDA

View Full Version : I floundered BIG TIME!

Lori Robbins
12-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Gotcha! *snicker*

Here is what my Kiln blessed me with this morning! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2002/sfl2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2002/wf2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2002/sq2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2002/lrseahorse.jpg

Lenda
12-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Ha Lori, I was expecting a flounder, then while waiting for the pics, you got me by saying gotcha, so then I thought there wasn't a flounder, but now I see that there are 2!!!:D I love the top flounder and I love the squid!!!

Can I ask a question about the boro, does it have those colors when you are working them in the torch, or do they develop when they are in the kiln? When I was playing with my sample pack, it didn't seem like the colors came out when I worked them, granted I made 2 small beads, clear base, color over that. But they just didn't have the look so I didn't know what boro looks like when you work it.

RobbinA
12-19-2002, 08:05 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

Those are incredible!!!!

Robbin

Johanna Stephenson
12-19-2002, 08:33 PM
Lori,
These are fantastic!
The sea horses - wow - I want them :)
Thanks for posting them.

Lori Robbins
12-19-2002, 08:39 PM
Thanks Robin, and Lenda

Lenda try this.....Double amber purple, put the rod in the reducing flame for 1/2 a minute or so, then cool. Then encase with clear in a neutral flame. Now make that into a bead or something. You can also try the same thing with the blue amber purples, they are pretty cool too. The kiln will only darken the amber part of the amber purple, I have found. To make it hit the blues and purples I need to reduce then encase. Maybe there is a better way, but I haven't found it yet. Some colors don't reduce or strike. I use mainly Northstar, so the names are in relation to NS. I guess purple luster is GA answer to Amber Purple. I am guessing on that. I am so under educated on boro color and reaction. I am still a boro newbie for sure.

Fool proof neato bead....clear base if you feel thrifty, then cobalt, then dots of butterscotch, or frit pickup, melt in, encase. Cool effect. Very marine looking. If you are making a pendant put the butterscotch on first then the blue only on one side of the pendant, the clear side will be the front. I will go make one so you can see what I am talking about.

Edit add on....Johanna, snuck in on me...Thanks Johanna (((hugs)))

ValorieCox
12-19-2002, 08:45 PM
Lori, Wow, you continue to amaze me! The flounders made me giggle, they are so nice, the squid fantastic, and the seahorses are to be longed for. I love, love, love the new series you are working on. Endless possiblilites for you I suppose, creatures of the sea, as I haven't seen you repeating yourself yet!

Thanks also for your generosity in sharing some color tips with the NS colors!

Valorie

Lenda
12-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Lori Robbins
I will go make one so you can see what I am talking about.

You are just too funny! Thanks Lori.:D

Lori Peterson
12-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Lori - these are fantastic! I just love all of them. Did you make them for a specific reason or just for the halibut?

Lenda
12-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Lori Peterson
Lori- Did you make them for a specific reason or just for the halibut?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

DonnaB
12-19-2002, 09:13 PM
*gasp* to all.

I think the second flounder is darling!

Pisces here, loves what I see...

Mike E etc
12-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Way cool Lori,
I made a knife for a friend for cleaning such fish.

Mike E

Queen of Tides
12-19-2002, 09:27 PM
Geez Louise Lori,
is there anything you can't do? Those are incredible, all of them. When are you doing a book?

:cool:

Melinda Melanson
12-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Wow, more fabulous work Lori! I am really in love with the purply/blue seahorse on the left!! Looks like I'm going to have to fit Lori $$ into the budget. Let's see food, mortgage, electricity, cable, Lori $$, car insurance, phone... I could give up clothes and McD's, yep that would work! LOL

BrendaJ
12-19-2002, 11:02 PM
These are OT. I THINK YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR NICHE!

How great to be able to find these in your kiln each morning!!!!!!!
I love boro. Maybe one day although I'm sure mine would never look that good. And you call yourself a newbie to boro? Girl you're not giving yourself enough credit. You are doing a fantastic job.

You are a true inspiration and talent!!!!!

Now I know I gotta stop by and see ya on my next trip to Tampa.
BrendaJ PS. will you adopt an old grandma??? hehehe

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kathy Champion
12-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Lori...your sea life series is just beautiful! I love the sea horses.

Kathy

quill
12-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Ode to Lori

If ever your squid
you need to git rid
then I'm your kid
it's real, real prid!
eee

Mutterbutt
12-20-2002, 01:47 AM
I love the flounder - and all the other goodies! Lovely colors and designs. (I especially like the flounder!)

swamperfolk
12-20-2002, 07:01 AM
Every time you post I am so amazed and in "AHHHH" of your talent and imagination.

Leona G
12-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Lori Strikes Again! Love that squid!
Leona XO

Beadbimbo
12-20-2002, 08:55 AM
WONDERFUL!!! I love them all!

Jerri

redhotbeads
12-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Wow, Lori, those rock! I especially love the sea horses!
Kelly

AlexM
12-21-2002, 02:17 PM
Lori,

They're fantastilicious! I love them all!

Alex