PDA

View Full Version : WIA Weekly Mon, Nov 15 - Sun, Nov 21, 2010

Dawnt0721
11-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone!

Claire - hope you are feeling better!

Barrie - congrats on Woody coming home - can't wait to see the pics!

Pam - love the beads you posted! Looks like you found some Pam time! Hope that can continue.

Andee - the job sounds miserable, like Pam, I'm hoping you keep looking for something closer. Hope you're feeling better and today goes easy on you.

:wave: everyone!

So I planned everything out so that I could have a whole day today of not having to do anything but make beads and a bit of laundry. Unfortunately I messed up a paycheck and will have to go to the store to fix it at some point - argh!

For those of you who saw my FB status the other day - the rice thing didn't work at all for RJ's soaked phone. I was trying to figure out what to do about it and one option was to pay Apple $200 for a new 3GS but then I realized that for whatever reason AT&T had me eligible for an upgrade so I upgraded my phone to a 4 and gave RJ (well I'm making him pay me for it) my 3GS.

And for those of you laughing at me about another Mac, I did the grown up thing and told hubby that I didn't want a new computer unless he really needed mine. He said no, he'd hold out for another year or so.

So that's my life in a nutshell. What are you all up to?

Barrie
11-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Dawn, lol about the computer - sometimes it sucks to be a grownup, but it is the responsible thing to do! :) Glad you get to upgrade to a 4, hopefully RJ is careful with your old one! :)

Pam, how's the jet lag doing?? Hope you get some more studio time - those are some gorgeous beads you did the other day.

Claire, how's the head today? Hope you can wash your hair soon!! You are SO lucky it wasn't worse!!!

Andee, hope your Monday is almost over and it's not too horrid.

:wave: to everyone today!! Yup, one more sleep til Woody arrives with us!! Hubby is taking the afternoon off work so he can come with me to the airport to pick him up. He says its so I don't have to haul the carrier through the airport myself (he'll have a leash, it's not like I'd have to carry him! lol), but I think it's more like he doesn't want to be left out of the initial introductions! :) The reports I've gotten from the foster family all sound like he's a fantastic well behaved dog. We shall see! I'm going to spend the day today in the studio as I know I won't get in there tomorrow!! Have a great day all!! (I'm going to post a pic of the dog collar ring in the S&T thread if you want to check it out!). Cheers!!

TheBlueBetween
11-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh Barrie! How fun, is his name going to remain Woody? I just think of Cheers with that name ;)

Dawn, that is very grown up of you ;) Perhaps the new G4 will help your craving for a new apple some!

Sitting at the homeschool center waiting for the kid. Got his curriculum for the week planned out, and now I'm looking at vintaj brass chain - I'm thinking of making some of my beads that have not sold into necklaces for the holiday market.

:wave: for now...

claire.c
11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi all
Things are OK here, my head is OK but the scabs are still there. We have Kiera here today, she is getting obsessed with squeaky balls, I think they might be banned at her house and I can see why! Work is busy as ever but nothing I can't cope with, still nobody said anything about the future plans. I'm going to start looking for a new laptop, or a refurbished from ebay one, can't decide.

Dawn, getting a new phone out of the disaster was a neat move! I hope you managed to get a decent stretch of torch time.

Barrie, we need to see pics of Woody. He's going to be thrilled to arrive in your household. Loved the dog collar ring, that is going to be a big hit.

Pam, how is the home schooling going now you have been at it for a while? Are you still looking for a school for next year or will you keep this up until high school?

TheBlueBetween
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Decisions decisions, Claire! so many choices! I like to read the reviews on Amazon and other places before I decide. Good luck! Glad your head is better, concussions are scary and scabs are no fun.

Homeschool... eh, it's ok. Luke is loving it. I'm bored out of my mind with it. And the kid is LOUD. He sings at the top of his lungs doing his work and I can't think. I can't imagine doing this to highschool, but on the other hand, I can't imagine putting him back in a regular school either... knowing how much time is wasted there and all the other social stuff that goes on that isn't really good for kids. I mean, the comparison is staggering. But if the right school were to come along... I might jump at it. I don't know.

Barrie
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Good morning!! It's actually sunny here this morning which is interesting considering the big wind storm we had last night! My entire yard is covered in leaves from all the trees (which are now naked! lol). Today is the day!! We get Woody home today!!

Pam, his current name is Heathcliff, but we're changing it to Woodrow Heathcliff so we can call him Woody (though that may change if he isn't really a Woody personality! LOL) - Heathcliff is too long of a word for Dayton to pronounce. Besides, a new name signals a new life - and that's what he's starting! :) I don't know how you manage to not go crazy! I love my kids, but having them around 24/7 at that age would have made me nuts!!

Claire, ouchie!! Your poor head - you sure did give it a whack! Hope the scabs go away quickly! Squeeky balls at our house are the sole property of Jessie (she's squeeky obsessed!), and we do have to hide them upon occasion (there is nothing CUTE about squeekies at 2am when you roll over in bed and squeek one accidentally and the dog gets all excited! LOL!). Good luck with the laptop hunt!! Hope you find the right fit! :)

Well, guess I better get my act together today - I need to get my tools packed up for class tonight. Woody arrives at 1pm, and by the time we get home I'll need to load the car and get going shortly after. DH gets to spend the evening with the dogs, but I figure I get them to myself all week long, so he can have a few hours to bond without me! LOL Pictures will be forthcoming, I promise! :) Have a great day! :)

TheBlueBetween
11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
who says I haven't gone crazy? Can't wait for pictures of Woody!

claire.c
11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm getting confused by this person's beads - am I the only one who sees them as whatever the female version of phallic is called, with a seriously painful piercing?

http://app.ecwid.com/image/4433235?ownerid=114454&ref=nf

Sorry, but I've just been on FB and don't want to cause offence there.

TheBlueBetween
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
LOL Claire, I'm looking, but just get a hint of what you are meaning. Kinda like Georgia O'Keeffe? I don't see the piercing part, I really just see the goddess with her arms up.

claire.c
11-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Feeling yucky today, I've cried off dancing. Somehow my eating patterns have gone truly awry, I need to get back on track but am finding salads indigestible and fruit makes me worse if anything. Fear it might be a candida problem, and am going to try a few days detoxing if possible - for detoxing read starving LOL!

Barrie, Woody is delightful, hope you are having fun with him.

Pam, yes, Georgia OKeefe has the same themes. Imagine the goddess arms as a ring and you'll get the piercing bit, it's one of those negative images - bear in mind I saw this as a thumbnail so didn't get all the detail. Or maybe it's just me :o

TheBlueBetween
11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Claire, I did great with my detox, I got this stuff called Zero that is a sugar substitute and it was good for my coffees (the only sweet thing I can't live without) and then just meat and veggies, no starch for awhile - and I got rid of mine. My dr. was amazed how fast I did it. I hope you do too - lots of probiotics too! Hope you feel better soon.

Same old same old here, I'm jonesing for my studio, maybe i'll go out there tonight.

claire.c
11-18-2010, 06:30 PM
That sounds hopeful Pam, I was a bit depressed about all the stuff saying great lists of things you can't have. I don't have sugar in drinks, at the moment I'm not having caffeine either. It's a tough balance, trying to avoid too much candida die-off because that will make me sicker than ever. Hope you have a good time in the studio.

I've ordered a new laptop, decided enough is enough with the old one. I had a nightmare buying it though, I was sent a new debit card with a new number, so put that on Paypal and deleted the old one - big mistake. It won't recognise the new one until it has done a 1 debit and credit through my bank which will take 3 days. So now I am waiting for that to happen and used the card directly instead - and it got rejected, no idea why as there is loads of cash in the account. Now had to use my credit card, and register for Verified by Visa, the worst system in the world.

How is everyone else getting on? Soon be the weekend, I can't wait. Leon has a big doodle meet on Saturday, about eleven dogs signed up so far.

Dawnt0721
11-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone!

Claire - I kinda see what you mean! I'm not very good at those hidden picture tests either though!

Pam - did you make it out to the studio?

Barrie - how's Woody getting along?

:wave: everyone!

Today is DH's birthday so I've spent the week shopping around my work hours. I bought him a fireproof safe and some new clothes. Not very exciting I know but I think he'll like the safe. He's a stockpiler so this will fit right in down in our basement.

Not much else going on just getting ready for the holidays and working. Hope everyone is doing well.

TheBlueBetween
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
oh a fireproof safe. that's what I should have got Frank. Hah. I got him Harry Potter tickets. Happy b-day to your DH Dawn :)

And no, didn't make it out there, If I don't get out there by 4 or so there's no way. exhausted by the time I get the kid to bed.

Cleaning out the basement today, soccer party tonight... joining the YMCA tomorrow, Harry Potter on Sunday... and then I need to figure out thanksgiving. and christmas. Hoping my vintaj chain comes soon!

claire.c
11-20-2010, 04:25 PM
I have had an active day, my knees are now telling me about it! I walked Leon, then made bread (I'd put it to rise the night before in the fridge so it wasn't from scratch today). Leon had his meet planned for 11.00 so I hastily sewed him a bandana so we could tell him from the others. Just as well, there were 14 dogs in total, two non doods amongst them but that is allowed. They had a great time, my carpet is now covered in sand and Leon is snoozing.

How is everyone else doing?

Dawn, a safe is a good idea for a present, was he pleased?

Pam, what is the YMCA going to do for you?

Andee, hope you are OK and just busy with the special mice.

Barrie, you must have your hands full with your new furbaby, he is a darling.

Barrie
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi all!! It's a blustery COLD day here today - snow on the ground as well. I am not amused!!! lol The dogs are loving the weather (well, Bailey and Woody are, Jessie refuses to acknowledge it - dog after my own heart! LOL). It's been busy here, though not crazy so no complaints. Woody is settling in beautifully - he's SO easy going!! I think he and Leon would make great friends if they weren't so far apart! Bailey is no longer running from him with her tail tucked between her legs, but isn't quite ready to 'play' with this guy yet. Woody has played with most of the cats - he's fantastic with them as long as they don't try running from him (he loves a good game of chase!). He's fabulous on walks, very polite with food and treats, extremely gentle with small kids (Dayton LOVES him!), and Freya thinks he's awesome (mutual feeling). I think we made the perfect choice!! I'll have more pics soon, just need to get my camera charged again! :)

Claire, hope the knees don't bother too much - sand on the carpet is not a horrible thing (at least in my world! lol). Glad he enjoyed the doodle meet!! We're thinking of finding a basset meet - there must be something like that around here! :)

Andee, hope you're holding it together! :) Miss ya!

Pam, things seem to be coming together for you - won't be long before you're a homeschool pro!! Enjoy Harry Potter - I'm envious! :)

Dawn, sounds like practical but good gifts if you ask me! :)

I'm about to head to the studio - I have lots of custom work to do and want to get a new necklace/earring set made for Thursday. I'm going to a jewelry fashion show and want to stand out! :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
11-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Barrie, so glad Woody is just what you hoped! I don't know about homeschool pro, just trying to be a pro about my own kid, I don't know what switch got flipped, but yay!

Claire, 14 doodles must be quite a sight! the ymca is a workout place? what is it going to do for me? well... add another item to my list ;) I'm going to stick luke in swimming and some gym games class thing and I'm going to try pilates or yoga or just do the eliptical machine.... something like that.

Today we had a handyman come over and he helped Frank get a bunch of work done on the bathrooms. I need to find a tile person asap for the shower, we need to do a little electrical and then he will come back and help get the rest of the sheetrock in and then... I can paint and we can hook up a vanity and my mother will have a bathroom while she's here.

Andee
11-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Quick hi all - I had an over-busy week with lots of overtime, lots of dizziness, and lots of ugh. Am tired and exhausted and annoyed - so, pretty much same old, same old. 15 more workdays until I'll have 3 weeks off, I can't wait. But first I'll have to survive the next 1 1/2 weeks until I have to hand in the stuff for that project.
Hugs to you all!

TheBlueBetween
11-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Andee, glad to see you are still hanging in there. And that holidays are so close!!! Yay for you.

claire.c
11-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi guys
Weekend nearly over, and I still don't seem to have made a lot of progress. Today was all domestic chores, cleaning, laundry and cooking. Sometimes I think I make myself too much work, does anybody else roast chickens for their dog and then boil the carcass to make stock? We took Leon to Grimston common today, he went tearing off to see if the horses were there, they were but obviously just ignored him as he came back again straight away. Seems like we are finally getting a well behaved dog.

Barrie, yuck for the snow, nasty cold stuff. Woody sounds delightful, and settling in a treat. Do they have basset meets? I've never come across any other breed on massed walks but they may well happen. We certainly get some odd looks from other dog walkers and comments like "are you a club?". You are right, Leon and Woody would get on famously.

Pam, the ymca sounds ideal, you can do your own class while Luke does his. Are your bathrooms going to get finished - that's an exciting prospect. Mine hasn't progressed any further since the summer, I think it will be a task for the Christmas holiday.

Andee, sorry you have been so busy, a long holiday is definitely something to look forwards to. Will there be a Weinachtsmarkt starting in Duesseldorf soon?

Time I was heading off to bed, night all.

TheBlueBetween
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Leon sounds like a great dog, very curious and smart and beginning to know when to listen to you.

Snowy here, it's really gross, not the nice kind of snow you know will melt in a day. Beef stew cooking, making necklaces, etc etc.

whatcha all up to??