PDA

View Full Version : Lake District

Flattwo
12-17-2002, 11:32 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-17-2002/3457_Lake_District.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Lake District
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Gouache
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 16x12 approx
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Winsor & Newton Gouache

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What ever you think

somerset
12-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Not so sure of the mountain range colors, especially on the left. That may turn out to be just my opinion though and it certainly qualifies as nit-picking. The only reason I mention it at all is that the rest is superb. The water is so well done you can almost smell the air.

mcknight
12-17-2002, 10:18 PM
The colours are different but they are engaging. The horizontals have a calming effect on me. Nice.

Dave

YLCIA
12-17-2002, 10:38 PM
I think it is plain gorgeous!I like it VERY much!

Julia:)

LarrySeiler
12-18-2002, 11:39 AM
The composition is interesting.

You have worked color of the sky into the distant mountains, but to possibly weave a more complete and harmonious color rhythm and thereby unity for the work...it would be advantageous to work some of the warm colors of the mountains more into the foreground rocks (as highlights) and into the cloud structure.

by not doing such, it causes the foreground, middleground, and background to more or less compete like a ping pong match. A simple placement of a few color notes will pull it together I believe more effectively. Otherwise, nice feel to its simplicity and statement.

Larry

Koert
12-19-2002, 09:47 AM
i really like the colours of the mountains
very refreshing or something
not quite sure how to express what i mean