PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Artist Guild Show - "Face It"

djstar
12-16-2002, 07:29 PM
I am in this show! (http://www.stlouisartistsguild.org/art_exhibits/upcoming_exhibits.html)
Twice!
They want Ted and the latest large portrait, my Woman (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67184).
As depressed as I have been I feel almost ashamed.
BUT I am too excited and stressed to worry. I have to ship them to arrive Jan, 3. WHAT A WONDERFUL SEASON!!!
So I am boxing away.
Thanks to all of YOU guys for being behind me and supporting me!
dj*

zynnya
12-16-2002, 08:54 PM
Congratulations DJStar!

You deserve this.

:-)

djstar
02-12-2003, 07:41 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Feb-2003/1730-stlou.jpg

zynnya
02-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Congratulations Debra!

I see more prizes, & lots more $$$ in your future.

MikeN
02-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Hi DJ,

I tried visiting the show on Monday equipped with a digital camera and guess what? It was closed! Doooh! Anyway Im going back today and will try my hardest to post the pics of the "face it" show by this evening. No promises but Ill try.

Im looking forward to meeting Pirate Ted,

Mike

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Hi DJ,

Here are some of the pics. A view from the outside is still comming. There were some problems. The guards were enforcing the "no picture" rule today. The camera man is a student of mine and because these were taken soo quickly and covertly he made the mistake of framing in the wrong paintings :( . Yours are directly to the left of the big painting on the end. I can try and sneak a camera in again if you want. Let me know.

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:18 PM
here is another

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:20 PM
another still

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:22 PM
again

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:24 PM
again,

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:25 PM
up the stairs we go for the rest.

MikeN
02-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Finally here I am with my class. There were a lot of walls we couldnt manage to shoot. I would like to say that the work there was top notch and you should feel proud to be an award winner. I didnt see a bad one in the bunch.

Your two paintings were displayed next to each other in a prime location and they were magnificant! BRAVO!

Here is a quote from the Juror.

"To the exhibitors and award winners, please know that your work is remarkable. The competition was very formidable, so you should be proud. My congratulations to all of you and best wishes for continued growth in the art of the portrait. " Paul Leveille

Ill try and get a couple more for yah!

Mike *the guy with the bent knees and the :D sign*

djstar
02-19-2003, 07:48 PM
I can't smile wide enough!!!
the side by side is a cool deal....
Thanks so much!
dj*:D :D :D :D :D

Elankat
02-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Congrats again, D.J.

I was going to go see it this weekend, but I changed plans at the last minute and sent just my son and hubby to St. Louis without me. I needed a vacation from my no-nap toddler!

I'm disappointed that I won't get to see them in person, but I'm enjoying my little vacation from being a mom.

cyrillejubert
03-14-2003, 07:08 AM
I never com on this side of WC
It is cool ...
thanks Mike for the guided tour

bravo DJ

arlene
03-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Yea? So? ;)

Actually much congratulations! :clap:

You know I think your work is awesome and well deserved...now how about sending out feelers to galleries?

(pushing you i know ; )

djstar
03-14-2003, 10:19 AM
According to the materials they sent me, I am done. I am wondering how long it takes them to package up materials and ship them home, as I am still waiting with my breath held.

ARLENE.. The feelers are going numb.
I have this wonderful book I was going to get coached on this week. One of my fellow studio pals, said she used to work with art directors all the time and wanted to go over my presentation book.
I am at such a loss over what "FEELERS" should look like and do that I have almost crumbled.
The local gang knows me as a 50 year old "Kid" who hangs around the art walk. I stopped going by my little place because the owner is such a black hole of gloom and I have no protection from her defeatist attitude. I fear walking in because she is selling the idea of my portraits (which I don't really want her to, they are low dollar and MY deal, so I offered her 10% for referrals of pieces under $1000 and 20% if a bigger piece develops.) She tracked me down twice for a lady who ended up coming by my shop and getting a manicure. THAT is the lowest of low for me. I am trying so hard to get OUT of that and all she wanted was a nice little chat. I just clammed after that and started preparing materials.
It seems contra productive to SEND slides right off the bat. Too expensive for me and lots of the galleries in my area are at a loss to look at them, so I am making catelogue sheets and little brochures.
Well..... I am late for the cuticle mines and will get back to you on this!!!
THANKS as ever for your support.
dj*

llis
03-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Wonderful show DJ. I'm so proud of you and I sure hope that someone really cool will "discover" you really soon. You deserve all the breaks life can give you. :)