PDA

View Full Version : One Bird Series (another small study)

Susan Jenkins
11-11-2010, 09:34 AM
This is another small study to get more familiar with acrylics. I'm having fun with little paintings and I have noticed that lately I have inadvertantly been putting one bird in each painting.... so I thought I might start a "one bird" series.

Again.... just practice on this one, but I'd appreciate any C&C for future improvement!

This is 6" x 4" on canvas with Colorfix Primer applied.

Thanks!!!
Susan

purplepansey
11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Beautiful sunset painting Susan I think it's wonderful, might be my eyes but the bird was hard for me to see at first glance. maybe a few little speck of light around him might show him up more, what do you think? I like your idea of a series like this I think it will be fantastic.

Susan Jenkins
11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Yes Purple.... I agree. Even though I want the bird to be subtle... I think he is a little too subtle right now! Thanks for your suggestions!

mormon_saint
11-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Another lovely Florida piece, makes me miss home!

benchs
11-13-2010, 06:07 AM
that heron/pelican on the left side walking right..
would make for a dramatic morning shot with the
sun highlighting its back and long shadow creeping
toward the viewer, pulling their eye in.
Great piece susan

ladypainter
11-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Beautiful sunset painting Susan I think it's wonderful, might be my eyes but the bird was hard for me to see at first glance. maybe a few little speck of light around him might show him up more, what do you think? I like your idea of a series like this I think it will be fantastic.

I agree with purplepansey on this piece about the bird. I also agree that it is a beautiful sunset and a great series.

plec
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
nice piece i love the colours of the sky and reflections.
Ken.

OkeeKat
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Beautifully done sunset and water.. Love the little heron, I dont think its too dark, but next time maybe put him in the lighter section of the sun, and he will be more of a focal point, it is subtle which is what you wanted.
Great practice piece! Sunsets NEED BIRDS!! Makes it more alive!

arl
11-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Stunning colors.