PDA

View Full Version : Looking out to sea - new version

rmc
11-11-2010, 02:39 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Nov-2010/83066-Looking_out_to_sea.jpg

Hi everyone,
This is the second commission of the girls at the beach series.
Acrylic on canvas 36 x 24 inches gallery wrapped.

Suvi
11-11-2010, 03:02 AM
This is beautiful! On my way to go look at the other part of the series!

purplepansey
11-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I love this painting and what is there that is so enchanting about girls in white or pastel dresses by the shore, they always have a great deal of appeal to me and this one is wonderful. I like the way you've painted the dresses.

gaykir
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Still a favorite of mine! I think this one may be even more beautiful than the previous. I can feel the breeze and smell the salt. Gorgeous work as usual!

Susan Jenkins
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I can feel the breeze and smell the sea!! Absolutely beautiful!

noodle1
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Absolutely fabulous..

Elaine

Ozone
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Very nice Ruth. Tons of light and sand on their feet too. I wonder tho if the little girl would be shading her eyes from the sun since it is behind her? Maybe waving, or holding some material that blows around in the breeze???

Ozone:)

rmc
11-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Deanna, Purple, Gayle, Elaine, Susan and Ozone.
I think it is a bit better then the original one I painted over 3 years ago.... but it has been so long since I managed to paint regularly that I was at sixes and sevens with it.

Hiya Ozone, I don't think she is shading her eyes from the sun - it is a more cliched dramatic moment of "what can I see" - lol

Ozone
11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
It's OK Ruth, the painting really is excellent, plus you get a commission. Most of the forums have slowed down so much and you see all the extra advertising. Maybe this is a reflection of our slow economy. I am lucky I caught you twice of late, but I am just slow and old.

Now for everything that changes around us there is always a new, old tune, and somethings never change. hahaha.

:music:
You've got a brand new pair of rollerskates
I've got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and
Try them on to see
I'm not allowed to cross the street
But you've been peeking at me
Oh, you've got a brand new pair of rollerskates
I've got a brand new key :music:

See ya soon I hope Ruth, with another of your paintings.

Ozone:)

Lulu
11-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Oh wow, I love everything about this Ruth! Very masterly. I am soooooooooooo pleased to see you painting again!:heart:

arl
11-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Terrific composition and work.

objectivistartist
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Wonderful painting - great colors and composition - indeed, an improvement over the other one... :thumbsup: