PDA

View Full Version : Me as a Little Girl


Ginette
12-15-2002, 05:01 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-15-2002/4946_GinLittleT.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-15-2002/4946_GinLittleM.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-15-2002/4946_GinLittleD.jpg


GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Me as a Little Girl
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I worked from a very old photo.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything!?

jerryW
12-15-2002, 06:59 PM
I like the close up which uses space creatively
the full one looks like all of the original school photo as posed by the "professional photographer"

Ginette
12-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah.. it was posted but not a school photo.
here is the photo I used.
I large scaled just my face.
Very hard to see anything.

I am doing some of my old photos as paintings, and I think this one my Mom will like. I will send her a print.

No lomo magic with me, not back then. *SMILE*

I may take other parts of the picture and paint them too.

jerryW
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
what about that funny guy with the ferris wheel behind.

Ginette
12-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jerryW
what about that funny guy with the ferris wheel behind.

My Oncle Franz. I thought of painting him too.
Still not sure excatly what crop!?

Ginette

Paintonbrush
12-15-2002, 07:40 PM
this is shimmery. cool...did you do you as the tiny head too?
whats your mix for skin color.it shines.

Ginette
12-15-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush
this is shimmery. cool...did you do you as the tiny head too?
whats your mix for skin color.it shines.

Thanks Diane :)

The tiny head is an oil I done of one of my clients daughter "Olivia"

This one right here is an acrylic and I used white, light portrait pink ,
a very small dab "van dyke red" & "acra gold" very little. I layered.

I can't remember what I used in the Olivia oil painting, it's been a while, but portrait pink was part of it.

Ginette

Gavinart
12-15-2002, 08:43 PM
:clap: :cool::rolleyes: :) :angel: :clap:


This is great!


Please, please paint the man on the left.

Paintonbrush
12-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Gavin LOL

artbabe21
12-15-2002, 10:21 PM
ginette......it CAN"T be that old a photo...I know you are a youngster!

great job & what a cutie....
love that tinyhead too,,,did you ever post it?

ferris wheel guy is way cool..

Zekeri
12-15-2002, 10:40 PM
I like this a lot. It reminds me of what Marlene Dumas does with intimate photographs. There's a directness to it that allows for a sense of memory and interpretation. It's your adult eyes seeing childhood / self in a mature way.

cheers, Pete

Ginette
12-16-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Gavinart
:clap: :cool::rolleyes: :) :angel: :clap:


This is great!


Please, please paint the man on the left.

Oncle Franz. Yes I will paint him too.
All the 4 adults in the picture have long past away.
Each have played an important part in my childhod. My grand parents (to the right) saved my life, but that drama did not begin until a few years after this photo was taken.

Ginette

Ginette
12-16-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by artbabe21
ginette......it CAN"T be that old a photo...I know you are a youngster!

great job & what a cutie....
love that tinyhead too,,,did you ever post it?

ferris wheel guy is way cool..

Thanks for the youngster part, but I am 45 do I still qualify? :)

I will post the Olivia painting sometimes soon. I painted it I guess over a year ago, can't remember exactly.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Ginette

Ginette
12-16-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Zekeri
I like this a lot. It reminds me of what Marlene Dumas does with intimate photographs. There's a directness to it that allows for a sense of memory and interpretation. It's your adult eyes seeing childhood / self in a mature way.

cheers, Pete

Thanks Pete. I must research Marlene Dumas.
I like to see work by others that use photos as their reference point.

I go on journeys in to the past via painting from old photos and I try to inject feelings about myself or about the time I remember. Most of my feelings about childhood are eerily out of body.

Ginette

Alan Cross
12-16-2002, 02:15 AM
Nice one I like it.....cute kid! (you)
Alan :)

Ginette
12-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks Alan! :)

Ginette

artbabe21
12-16-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Ginette
Thanks for the youngster part, but I am 45 do I still qualify? :)


youngster is of the heart and YES, you qualify!

would love to see olivia too sometime...

Ginette
12-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by artbabe21


would love to see olivia too sometime...

I just posted Olivia. :-)

Ginette