GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Five Suns Dawn
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The original idea for this was to do an Art Deco look, limited pallette, using Payne's grey and titanium white. As you can see, that changed pretty quickly.This is on canvas panel.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm learning as I go, so any and all comments will be welcomed. Thanks

jerryW
12-15-2002, 07:26 PM
are you making up a new set of tarot cards?
lots of intelligence can be wasted in recodifying the universe.
reconnecting is good. decoding is part of it.
in the end paint what you love.
and if it is ideas, let those ideas embrace what you feel

Driftin
12-16-2002, 08:29 PM
This is in response to the rude comment made by the Local Legend, who i assume is only a legend in his own mind. Feeling a tad big for your britches i feel. Someone asking for comments doesn't open the door for bitterness and narrowmindedness, and certainly not Rudeness. Grow up oh All Knowledgeable YOU BITE

bruin70
12-17-2002, 06:14 AM
i will delete all further spiteful critiques, and any replies that continue the off topic trend.....{M}

jerryW
12-17-2002, 07:18 AM
maybe too briefly dismissed.
the hard edges go toward the constructivist, but more shading rather than coloring would be required. The physicality or musculation would be exposed - even architecture in constructivist work would have a muscular physicality.

Card like partly because of the corner treatments.

The centered image is very close to depiction of religious or political or product advert compositions which are more about something than something in itself.

a painting or artwork should be something in itself.

there may be value in something said only if the mind invests in it, and the person who made this can make good art and may need to rest his ruler to do it.