Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Just a Lighthouse

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any useful suggestions are welcome

Wayne Gaudon
12-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Don't fancy the pink on this one but do like the ocean and lighthouse assuming that is glare on the lighthouse.

jerryW
12-15-2002, 12:27 AM
for me it is easiest to divide at horizon and find two working pictures
the bottom and exciting abstract the top an illustration of a lighthouse in interesting technique.
I am not sure if looking at it like that helps you but it could lead to a choice of paths.

taghera
12-15-2002, 02:03 AM
Interesting piece...well done...:)

painter1960
12-15-2002, 02:03 AM
ithe sky is actually more orange than the picture leads one to believe and it is glare that you see on the lighthouse. Jerry, I agree with your observation about it representing two different styles divided at the horizon. Much of that is due to my inability to accurately depict ocean waves in the structured way that I seem to be able to depict buildings and the like. I think it is because for me those things are clearly defined, whereas the ocean has no set form. I suppose it speaks to the need to loosen up when I paint. I admire the way both of you are able to let loose and still capture the essence of whatever you paint. Believe me I've looked extensively at both of your work and would truly like to gain the free-flowing fluid motion which your works denote. Anyway thanks for commenting. I do take heed to most of the advice I get and every now and then improve because of it.