GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: julie parma
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
i thought i woul try something on a hardboard,so i coated it with three thin layer's of gesso and used acrylic paint, raw umber cobalt blue and titanium white for a grey background,and then went over it with golden pumice gel using a bristle brush so the brush strokes would show through under the pastel.after vigee le brun 18 hundred's.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what do you think.

Alan Cross
12-15-2002, 03:22 AM
Very good.......looking skyward
angels above or perhaps she
is the angel?
Alan :)

Fagan
12-15-2002, 03:23 AM
I realized after a few seconds that I was sitting here with my mouth hanging open in wonderment! *LOL* This is wonderful! beautiful work! I will save this painting in my favorites file.

jerryW
12-15-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Fagan
I realized after a few seconds that I was sitting here with my mouth hanging open in wonderment! *LOL* This is wonderful! beautiful work! I will save this painting in my favorites file.
me too
then checked on net to see what you did
http://www.batguano.com/JulieParma.jpg
pretty close indeed.
will you take it farther (not that you have too)

stealth
12-15-2002, 08:04 AM
thank's alan and fagan,your comments are much appreciated,jerry i worked a little more on the dress giving it a more even look,i think i like the black better than the red that's in the original,so i left it this way,glad you like.peace.

Wayne Gaudon
12-15-2002, 10:19 AM
very nice piece of work.

coulter
12-15-2002, 10:36 AM
All that's been said before I second!!

But I worry about her head floating free, maybe a little more dark under the point of her chin?

Mark

stealth
12-15-2002, 11:05 AM
thank's wayne,yes i see what you mean coulter,someone else pointed that out to me in the portrait section also,will do.thank's for commenting.

Paintonbrush
12-15-2002, 11:37 AM
marvelous! I really like this..is this from a model?

d2create
12-15-2002, 11:44 AM
Wow! Very nice! Wonderful expression, and those eyes are gorgeous!
I do agree with others about the head/neck. I noticed it right away.
Also, something about the lower neck where it meets her upper chest looks like it might be protruding outward. On the shadow side where it makes a passage into the blouse. Almost like the neck is filling up with air or something. I hope you will show us the update! :)