PDA

View Full Version : WIA Weekly, Mon Nov 8 - Sun Nov 14, 2010

Dawnt0721
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Starting us off for a new week!

Always something going on here. Finishing up a custom bead order and a few repairs before I head to the store for a private stringing lesson this afternoon. I'm tired - time change, weird dreams and a 9 year old sneaking in our bed in the middle of the night...and paying bills on top of it all! Bleh!

:grouphug:

claire.c
11-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Hi guys
I went back to my Monday class last night, the more strenuous one. Luckily it wasn't too extreme, and I did everything except leaps from the corner which I felt might be pushing my luck. No pains in the night and only general aches this morning, it's looking good.

Yesterday I got our accounts work finished and printed out, David will drop them off at the accountant today. I've got someone coming round for tax return advice this afternoon,(should be a quick one) and tonight I'm seeing my dance teacher about questions on her books plus picking up the Hall books for audit. Not too many more to do and I'm already ahead - hooray, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Also had fun with the vacuum cleaner last night, that's fun in the loosest sense of the word. The turbo brush has been sticking and so it hasn't worked properly for a while - so I bit the bullet and opened it up to discover dog hair wound around the axle of the drive shaft, which is inaccessible normally. After snipping it and tugging with pliers I now have a brush which works. Rubbish design though!

Barrie, hope the evening with Mark's new not exactly girlfriend went OK. Seems Freya is taking it all in her stride, she has been lucky to have the extended family around her. Only 10 days until your new boy arrives, have you got a name yet or will he keep the old one until you know his personality?

Dawn, paying bills is an ongoing thing in this household with the business ones as well as the domestic stuff, never fun. You sound as busy as ever, not good to miss out on sleep though.

Andee
11-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi all!

Just dropping in for a quicky - I'm still at home sick, still dizzy as he**, still worried about getting that task at work finished in time - I will only have 2 1/2 weeks left until the deadline when I go back to work on Monday, and it would not be a good idea to work too much overtime. Still spending the days on the sofa, haven't even tried to read a book as I still can't concentrate that well. So - nothing to tell really. Wish I could DO something, be creative, but...

Hope you're all okay - thinking of you and your family, Pam, and of Rita and hers.

claire.c
11-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Andee, so sorry to hear you are still poorly. Do you think the cold weather, on top of stress tension, is making your neck worse?

I'm doing well getting through all my work, still quite a lot to do but making good progress. I should be able to have some me time this weekend. We found a cheap motherboard for my laptop on Ebay so will give it a try. I couldn't see anything else I really wanted so thought I'd give this one a chance, they refund the cash if it doesn't work.

Hope everyone else is OK.

Barrie
11-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Andee, oh dear! Still dizzy is not good!! Hope you're on the mend soon - you deserve to feel awesome at some point!!

Claire, great news about the knee and dancing! Hope your new motherboard does the charm! We've decided to change the dog's name to Woody - it will technically be Woodrow Heathcliff, but we'll shorten it to Woody. I got an email today from the rescue lady and we're now looking at flight schedules. We haven't been able to find a ride all the way here for him, so he gets to be a jet setter.

Busy crazy week here for me - took Mark for emergency dental surgery yesterday (two bottom wisdom teeth removed), he took it like a tropper (2 1/2 hours), so spent too many hours sitting in the car! Then today, another trip into town, with my class assistant, did some shopping at the local jewelry supply store, then home in time to pick up dh from work and then had two students for class tonight. I'm tired!!! So on that note, I'll say goodnight! And hopefully pop by tomorrow! Cheers!!

Dawnt0721
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone!

Claire - glad dance class went well for you! Vacuum cleaners are really not my favorite household appliance. I've always had trouble with them no matter what brand or price.

Andee - so so sorry you're neck is acting up again. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you could actually do something while you were recuperating. Hugs to you and try not to stress about work while you're healing!

Barrie - ooh emergency dental surgery sounds SO NOT fun! I need to get RJ in soon for his wisdom teeth removal. Hope you got some rest!

Had to laugh about Claire not finding a new laptop she was interested in! I (jokingly!) told DH I wanted a new Macbook Air for Christmas (I had to beg for months last year). He said if that's what you want that's fine :eek: . Well this is unheard of so I think he's secretly wanting my old Macbook! One of his friends at work has a new Air and is letting me borrow it for the weekend to see what I think. So far it's pretty cool. It does have some pros and some cons over my current Mac.

It's been a busy week this week and I'm really looking forward to my days off. Oh and we got our first S**W today and are expecting more on Saturday!

claire.c
11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi guys
So glad this week is over, it has not been a good one. I went to the hall tonight to carry on tidying the loft space - we store a lot of curtains ans props there and it had got in an awful mess. I managed to whack my head on a steel girder, feeling a bit yucky. It didn't bleed, but has gone rather sticky, hope I don't get concussion. David is off sailing tomorrow so I will have a quiet day with Leon, if such a thing is possible.

My replacement mobo came but isn't playing nicely, so I may have to send it back and get a new laptop after all. Rather annoying, as I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I won't use loads and I really don't want Vista.

Barrie, it's only a week until Woody arrives now isn't it? Your poor son, I had to have all my wisdom teeth out at once and looked like a hamster. Didn't mind the surgery so much as the painkillers which made me violently sick.

Dawn, I think vacuums and dogs just don't go together. I've thought about having hard floors but not convinced. Ugh about the white stuff, hope we don't see too much of that this winter.

Andee, no wonder you get tired if you stay up all night hunting mice!

Pam, hope you are comfortably back in your own home.

Andee
11-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi everybody!

Dizziness is a little bit better, and I dread going back to work on Monday. I've come to realise that I will never be okay with working there, I hate everything about the job except maybe the salary. I hate getting up so early, I hate the commute, I hate the station and the long ways in that town, I hate the walk through the darkness, I hate the office space, I hate the building and even the lady's room, I hate the tasks, I will never be happy there. I am constantly on edge, worried what other tasks etc might suddenly land on my desk, and I still haven't recovered from that previous job. Burn-out, I guess... And there's nothing I can do about it as the alternative would be being unemployed again, and I do not ever want to go down that road again. Sigh.

Sorry for the whine...

Claire - outch, you poor thing, hope it's not concussion! Take care and rest! It's not that cold here so I don't think the temperature has anything to do with my neck, I think it's all the stress and unhappiness. I didn't actually want to hunt mice all night, but I just couldn't sleep. When I finally DID fall asleep I got woken up by a broadcast of my fave dev, that was the only good thing about it really... ;)

Barrie - when I hear Woody I will always think of that guy in Crossing Jordan... :) Hope Mark is healing, that sounds unpleasant!

Dawn - oopse, who has taken over the body of your DH? ;) Yay that you will get your MacBook.

All - :grouphug:

TheBlueBetween
11-13-2010, 01:46 PM
hello! I'm home, all went pretty well, not enough sun soaked up or enough relaxing to be had, but oh well, that wasn't why we were there, though all the money saved up for a real holiday in the sun spent and gone. Happy to be home, back to soccer, school and getting ready for my mother to visit.

Hugs to all of you - Andee, I hope you are always on the lookout for a job closer to home that you would like. Claire, ouch, get lots of rest today if you can! :wave: to Barrie & Dawn (another apple?! LOL)

Barrie
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Ugh Andee, can't blame you for hating the job - like Pam, I'm hoping you're keeping an eye out for something different. Woody from Crossing Jordan is in a new series now, The Defenders (he & Jim Belushi are Las Vegas lawyers). It's actually a pretty good show.

Pam, glad it wasn't a totally horrible trip, though definitely not planned. Hope your mom's visit will be a good one!

Claire, how's the head doing?? Hope the headache is gone. Mark actually went to work the day after his surgery! And seems to have bounced right back - sturdy stock my boys are made of I suppose! lol If you go with a new notebook, wouldn't it come with Windows 7? Vista is passee, I believe! My only complaint with Vista is that it HATES Internet Explorer on my computer. I have no issues with Firefox. Other than that, I guess I'm just used to it.

Dawn, how are you enjoying the Macbook Air loaner?? Too funny that your hubby is all on board for you to get one. Mine does stuff like that now & then, like when I need a new cell phone, he usually gets my old one which is light years more advanced than his old one! LOL

:wave: to all!! I got the word today that it looks like Woody will be flying to us on Tuesday! Dh is taking the afternoon off so we can pick Woody up at the airport together and introduce him to the girls (Jessie & Bailey) together. Gonna be a fun day!! I guess I better make sure the camera is charged!!

Now, I'm off to have a VERY relaxing Sunday afternoon!! Hope you all are relaxing too! :)

claire.c
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi guys

Andee, that's a depressing thought on a Sunday night, it's such a shame you can't find anything closer to home, not having that awful journey would be such a huge improvement. I'd have thought Duesseldorf would have plenty of job opportunities, but maybe the market is still bad.

Pam, good to see you safely home and that you survived the whole experience. So annoying that the holiday money got used up, can't you use what would have been the school fees for a holiday instead, after all you are earning that now?

Barrie, how exciting that Woody will be flying to you so soon. Hope the girls are pleased to meet him. On the laptop front I am not keen on having to get loads of new software and I know from experiences at work that we had to upgrade everything for Win7. Still haven't decided what to do, the new mobo is not working out, luckily it was on 30 day approval.

As for my weekend - it has been reasonably active. Saturday night we went to a quiz, it was in aid of the church roof so we had to be supportive. Our team came second and won ... huge bars of chocolate. Which is better than cheap bottles of wine, but not very helpful on the diet front. I seem to have spent all day today either walking Leon or sewing. My winter mac has a fleece lining which is detachable for the summer, I needed to put it back in for the winter but struggle wearing it over other clothes because the fleece catches and everything gets rucked up and awkward. So I have sewn in a proper satin lining and it now slides on smoothly, how it took me so long to make I just don't know, I must be slowing up in my old age.

Time I was off to bed, bye all.