PDA

View Full Version : Quick-Dry-Cafe 11/7 - 11/13

noodle1
11-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Goood Morning Everyone,

New week to begin. Think I'll hand Raymo my man a broom and let him sweep up the place a little...haha Coffee, Danish and juice, brunch later gotta git to early Mass.

Carol from last thread I'm really happy to hear she's not as bad as you expected. That food is a lifesaver..haha let me tell you hospital food just doesn't cut it.

Okay gotta move my you know what..catch ya all later.

Big Sunday morning Hello to Shirl my girl first tho..pet the pups for me.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

purplepansey
11-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello Elaine and our first really cold weekend for the winter ahead here in Florida. Hope it doesn't get as cold as last year which was the coldest I ever recall since I lived here and that's been too many years to remember! lol I can always cook something and have it going all day, bake as well and the house will smell nicer than when I paint and do no cooking!
Have a great Sunday, from another shrl mine without an i! lol

Lady Carol
11-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh, I'm not feeling too good. Maybe you can fly out here and bring me a couple Whoppers from BK. You may have to dab the corners of my lips with a napkin. Linen please. :evil:
Okie-doke. Just want to add a little something to the burgers to make you feel better.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2010/11811-22382-mad_scientist.gif

idylbrush
11-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Finished last night with the last show of the season. it was a 60s show and was a lot of fun. With all the people involved it was somewhat like herding marbles. So many people going in so many directions that it was hard to keep track.

The season is over and I'm going to take a few days to rest up before heading home. Tomorrow night I have a social obligation. And that will officially end the summer.

Now to get home safely.

Spent the morning trying to find woodgrained porcelain tiles. Thinking about replacing the floor in the bathroom. Would love to redo the entire bathroom but don't think that's affordable at the moment.

The weather has turned cold. Last night it dropped to 35į here and really made the heater in the trailer work hard. Spent most of yesterday cold. Thank goodness they had propane catalytic heaters in the backstage area. It really helped.

Shirl Parker
11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Good morning Elaine and everyone to come.

This morning I slept until 9:15, got up, dressed and took the dogs out on the patio. When I came back in, I checked my phone to see if I missed any calls, and my phone was showing the wrong time. LIGHTNING BOLT, I remembered the time change. I'm over the moon, because I actually got my hour back with that extra sleep. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doggie marathon ends today :thumbsup:

Lady Carol
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
We had lunch at 11:45 :rolleyes: I thought it was 12:45 as I am running around in my little white racer and I had not changed the clock, so I thought it was later. Oh well.

Lady Carol
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
..oh yeah and trying to change the time on the oven is a real treat. It is one of these new fancy-smancy Jenn-Aire. Love the oven but getting into the menu to change the time is not intuitive and I refuse to read the manual.

OkeeKat
11-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Morning all!! I too forgot to change the time on my clock by the bed and watch.. thought it was after 9 and here it was only 8! HEHE so didnt feel so guilty about sleeping in then!
Howard, so glad your heading home soon.. Glad it all ended well, have fun tonight! Rest up!! Stay warm!
cold down here too!! very very windy as well.
headed out to the movies,matinee show with hubby before the kids come over after 5.
Later all!

PattiLou
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL... Carol. My hubby only reads the manual when all else fails.

I am in the process of making sourdough bread. Just about ready for the second rise. I am hoping the oven heats up the kitchen... it's downright cold here. It was 42 degrees this morning.:eek: I get more wimpy every year when it comes to cold.

Yesterday I went to the studio intending to paint and straighten up a little. Was not there very long when Jon came to the door and said he needed help... sigh. So I ended up laying speaker wire for his new surround sound. Now today my back is complaining... I should have stayed in the studio.:lol:

Have to go check on my dough.... later ya'll.

noodle1
11-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi Shrl.....how cool to see you at the cafe. When you guys say it's cold I really get worried up here..haha I just did that the yesterday, made chicken soup and let it simmer, oh the house smelled really good..haha and I painted for a really long time. LOL Then I got hungry...hahaha

Hurray to Shirl with an "i", end of doggie marathon, now are you going to paint, I know a project you might have fun with over in F&B...LOL LOL Yes I'm canvasing...haha and I don't mean painting on one.

Howard Hurray for the end of summer for you, now relax get all set for the drive home and be safe.

Carol I don't read manuals either, should of all people but I just press buttons, sooner or later I find the right one or just blow up whatever...LOL
Yeah I fed the animals at 5am this morning or so I thought...haha Only time that changes itself is the tv and the computer, neither of which I turned on.
Didn't wake up Larry tho, so I let him think he slept reeeeally late when he did get up..hahaha Just because...it was fun to do. Enjoy your day.

Patti oh I can smell it before it's even in the oven LOL just the thought warms my bones, we get to share right? :D

Kathie you got up at 8am..well I'm just too jealous to say anything else..:lol: I never get to sleep past 6...arrrrrrgh.

Morning Bell, Sue, Mary, EP, Linda, Robert, Oz, Kathrin, Ruthie all the gang.

Well time to change into my sweats and hoody and warm up, see ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey Elaine, I was looking at all those little boy plants over there and thinking about which to paint. :wave:

Raymo
11-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Carol....drop by PattiCakes and get me some warm bread since youre on the way out here.

Raymo
11-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Merwyn jumped up on the bed at 5, he always lands on my legs so it wakes me up. He needed me to pet him up I guess. Kathie....Merwyn loves piles of leaves so I try to leave him inside. He likes laying in them.

RPut
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Hello All!
Howard, so glad you are done for the season and can get back home soon!
Carol, so glad you friend is on the mend, even tho it will be a long process.
Kathie enjoy the movie! It's football here--no way I could get hubby out and about.
Patti, I can smell that bread from here! It was always a treat to come home from school and my mom had fresh buns ready! Nothin better than fresh bread and peanut butter.
Hi Shrl, Shirl, Elaine, Bell, Ray--how are those leaves you've been rakin, give Merwyn a scratch for me. I'm missing my Sam. He always came to wake me up too.

I remembered the time change when I woke a bit about 4 or 5 this morning and quickly changed my clock. Was nice to get an extra hour of sleep!

Robbie called yesterday!! Yahoo!! It was so good to hear from him, even tho it's only been a week! He's doing fine. They really haven't started their Basic stuff yet--still in a holding pen I guess. He said the food is good and he gets to eat all he wants. And for some reason, he loves southern food, corn bread, collard greens, grits,..... (Must be something in his blood as his Grandma Puttre is from Shreveport) And he sounds like he's enjoying getting to know the other guys and he is learning how to make his bed and salute...lol.

Little Sean is amazing. He is visiting his other grandparents today. Julie is doing well, and doing a great job being a mom!

Rob is watching football and I am painting!!! Have been a bad slump for about a month and trying to get out of it.

It's a gorgeous day here--warmer that Georgia! (I have added Fort Benning to my weather report!)

Have a great day!

idylbrush
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
found a delightful little barbecue place called ďsticky fingersĒ. For some reason I had the desire for barbecue today. The flavors were exceptional and I would not hesitate going back there again. Surprisingly, they have a menu with smaller portions. Even the small portions were way too large. I have enough barbecue ribs for lunch tomorrow.

The temperatures have dipped into the 30s. Cold enough that I went out and bought some thermal under gear. Since my treatment last year I don't handle cold well.

other than that, I spent most of the day resting and eating. Delightful!

idylbrush
11-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I do like a South Carolina sky.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2010/36241-Cloud2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2010/36241-clouds3.jpg

dances_with_oils
11-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Evening folks:

Spent the day changing clocks and lightbulbs. We had bought a new fixture for the kitchen and hubby put it up today. What a difference with the lighting! I can actually see what I'm cooking now...(not that that is going to make any difference to the taste...lol)

Howard, we've been looking for wood grain ceramic tiles and found the Home Depot carries them as a special order. If I recall, they were about $30-35 Cdn, per box. The design has smaller tikes as well to use as a border or to change things up in the floor pattern. They are really pretty.

Ruth, glad to hear all the kidlets are doing well.

Well, my hunting expedition for counter height chairs was successful.. bagged two for 29 bucks (on sale)... now for the elusive parsons chairs.

I beaded as well today. I think I'm finally back in the groove with what to do, been ages since I beaded so I was a little rusty. I also cleaned all the goose, duck and hawk feathers I collected a few weeks ago. One thing about being a migratory staging area is the amount of shed feathers that are left behind. I must have collected two shopping bags worth. I'll be using them to make a fan and head piece. You can some of the fans that are being here (http://www.myspace.com/spottedeagle_fans/photos/albums/fans/639466?actp=n%2B0prKAebczfG13CmB%2FL170xxzjSK8k%2F19igSi%2F1c3vFrKSdG4VwAe0JTCVeV1%2BSGyWHazl1pr5llc8tLJ1AQejbVOxV2CrpaMBh3Y5NcJ9E8S3qwEFaAaeOwABnujDDczOPVLzMwJzW1Y%2Frwj5R8YDkpG9CX2tVUrVaLMlfZ%2F9YpjGt9XPTWpQ8ch2KBhEwaFVzbX92%2Bp2nSSZRorTr%2B0fT4btLh1EPJPmfbQ3iPl8%3D)Working on the wooden handle - so far it's a nice block of wood...lol

Got some work to do with respect to the upcoming Remembrance Day ceremonies. I have to give a short speech - I actually thought I'd read a letter I found published from WWI from a man to his wife. So here's the first draft:

A Letter from Passchendaele

October 22, 1917

My Darling Lizzy,

At last, I have the opportunity of writing to you a real letter. In the first place dearest, I trust that you and the children are quite well. I guess youíve been worried with all the air raids. You know dear, itís hard to be out here fighting and yet, your wife and children canít be safe.

Dear Lizzy, itís been nearly six months now since I saw you all. I love you more than ever. I long to take you in my arms again. What a lot of love we have missed. But please God; it will make it all the sweeter when I see you again.

I often take your photo out of my pocket and look at your dear face and think of the times weíve had together. Some lovely times, eh love? And my dear little children, I think of them also, God Bless them.

Please God, it wonít be long before this war is over. We are pushing Old Fritz back and I donít think he will stand the British boys much longer.

Then we will try to keep a quiet, safe home. I will know the value of one now. Well darling, I donít think I can say anymore at present.

Goodnight Love.

God Bless you and my children and may He send me back to thee I love is the wish of your faithful husband,

Jack

Private John William Mudd age 31, of the 2/4 Bn, London Regiment (Royal Fusiliers) Ė son of Rachel Mudd and husband to Elizabeth of Bow was declared dead just 4 days after he penned his letter to his wife Lizzy.

His grave is unknown as are the many that perished during the 3rd Battle of Ypres. He is among, as Siegfried Sassoon described, the intolerably nameless names.

Yet, in a simple sentence written 93 years ago, Private Mudd reminds us of what we hold most dear. His words ring with a resounding echo that we can still hear today. ďI will know the value of one now.Ē It is not the glory of war but rather the longing to know the value of a quiet home. An ideal that gives us the will to insure our homes are free from tyranny, oppression and threat. The notion that if all is right within our home, then the sacrifices to keep it is not in vain.

Men and women have died on the battlefields, the garrisons, the camps and the streets to keep our ideal of what is dear to us in safe keeping. My grandfather, a veteran from both the Second World War and Korea, once imparted these words to me as a young girl on a Remembrance Day to remind me that war is not for the glory. He said, ďThose of us that have shed blood on lands that are not our own do not seek glory but do so for peace.Ē

He knew it, Private Mudd knew it and as we stand here today, we know it. Our act of remembrance is not to celebrate the wars of the past but to listen to the voices and remember the deeds of those who sacrificed all for the peace and quiet home.

Lest We Forget.

Am I on the right track?

OkeeKat
11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Good morning all!!
Ray, glad you leave Merwyn inside.. I can see him in the leaves having fun, driving you nuts :lol: Have fun!
Ruthie, so glad you got to talk to Robbie! sounds like things are settling, I hope you had a great day Painting!
Howard, What beautiful blue skies!! Great photos! Stay Warm!!
Bell, Great speech, I think its perfect! The fans are beautiful, can't wait to see yours!
Hi and hugs to everyone else!!
Have a great day all!!:wave:

We never made it to the movies, Joe was suffering from a bad sinus headache, so he slept off and on in the afternoon and even cancelled dinner with the kids. so was nice and quiet, I painted an finished up my little calf!
Also painted two narrow cardtables friend gave me, were kinda ripped up he used for hobby tables.. I tore off the vinyl tops after Joe unscrewed them from the legs.. and Painted the hardboard blue out in the cold carport yesteday, did get one coat of varnish on it.. now to finish it today.
I'm going to use these for my Tent to hold more paintings and cover them with sheets so they are rough, not worried.

noodle1
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hey Shirl no doggies right..what to do what to do..LOL bet you'll think of something right? Whatever enjoy..hmm maybe paint and oh yes ROFLOL those flowers have another name too!..LOL

Bell I haven't gotten back to pay for my chairs, better do it before I loose em, glad you found some of what you were after and yes definitely on the right track I think. And the fans and bead work is amazing!!

Howard great clouds, for a while here they were magnificent here but of course at the time no camera with me. Glad you had a restful day and some good food, sounds delightful indeed.

Raymo my man, tell poor little Merwyn I'm sending him his own stash of leaves to lay in cause you're just mean..:D :lol:

Morning Ruthie glad you heard from your son, puts the mind at ease a bit.
And you're painting hurray. Happy too mommie and baby doing well too. Hugs.

Hi Mary, Carol, Robert, EP, Linda, Sue, Oz, Kathrin, Kathie, all the gang.

Very very windy here this morning, woke me up actually at 4am whippin' and howlin' and apparently throwing some things around the yard too...haha
Hubby off to doctors, I get a bit of a break...hahaha and staying inside and painting today. Getting colder by the day and I'm really hoping that it isn't just going to be winter of cold and wind, at least when it snows it's warmer but with all the weather being so screwed up it could just end up being dry and seriously frigid, when it's started off like this here before that's kind of how it's stayed. I so hate the cold. Doesn't help either that they keep my blood like jello water...LOL LOL

Hope everyone enjoys their day, I'm going to go get into mine.
See you later,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

OkeeKat
11-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi Elaine, Seems we crossposted, Hope you have a great day!!
Sunny but still very windy here too, I hope it dies down before my show next weekend,
Nothing worse then wind blowing my paintings off the display easels!
Keeping my fingers crossed its over by then!

Shirl Parker
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Elaine, good morning girlfriend. And good morning to those who have been and those yet to arrive.

Well, Elaine, peace and quiet won't reign for long! This morning the federal judge came knocking on my door on her way to work, to tell me they had lost my phone number and her husband needed to call me about taking care of their pups while they go to California. So...another 6 days of dog sitting starting on Friday.

Bell, that is a wonderful speech for Remembrance Day.

Raymo
11-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Tomorrow I will write a story about Merwyn and what he did that really touched me. I'm too dang tired right now.

Goodnight Noodles....: )

OkeeKat
11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Morning all, quick hi and off to get ready for work!
Hope the day goes by fast.. tired!

biddlebeach
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Been trying to figure out why my alarm has not been going off in the mornings, this morning I realized, when my time got changed, it moved from AM to PM. so been waking up in the AM to my clock saying PM. duh...

objectivistartist
11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
heh...

dances_with_oils
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Morning folks:

It's a brisk minus 3c here... frost is down and I can hear the neighbourhood scraping away at their windshields.

Had Branwen out for her morning stroll at 06darkandscary00 and there is a dog down the street that whenever we walk by its backyard, it growls, snarls and barks it's stupid head off. Today the dog was out on the street without a leash and its owner was a half a block away. The dog sees Branwen and charges her. I put myself between her and the dog and yelled at the dog to go away. Just then, buddy the owner strolls around the corner and sees his dog charging. What does he do? Nada...just stands there and says, c'mere, c'mere, c'mere twenty times... doesn't say boo about the dog being off leash (he didn't even have a leash on him that I could see). We have a really nice dog park that is all of a five minute walk from where we live if anyone wanted to run their dog off leash...so I don't the need for people to let their dogs off leash in the people park or street.

Last week there was a German Shep being walked by a little girl, she dropped the dog's leash so it could "go play" with a small Shiz tzu...the GS grabbed the smaller dog and started to shake it... poor beastie needed surgery for internal injuries. The little girl could neither haul the dog off or get it back under control... it took another dog walker to do that. There seems to be a lot of kids walking dogs around here - so an off leash dog can pose a real threat to those kids and their dogs and other dogs just out for a walk.

Got to go sort my driver's licence out today... they keep spelling my name wrong and getting my hair colour wrong. This is the third try to get it right. *sigh*

noodle1
11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Morning Everyone,

Hiya Shirl..oh see you're just tooooo popular, all the pups n kitties got your number..teehee one could say you're a "howlin'" success..okay so it was an attempt at humor..have a good day my Texas rose.

Merwyn touched your heart Raymo my man, well I am just overwhelmed, the man's got a heart after all...just teasin' ya..Good Morning sunshine..LOL

Hi Bell, I'm thinking some people need to pass an IQ test before they are allowed to own a dog..haha I got a few of those neighbors and I am always delivering the dogs back home, my road horrible and I'd hate to be bringing them back in a gunny sack but do they say thank you...absolutely not...LOL
Good luck with the license..how'd they get all those things wrong, don't they take a picture?? Course I do have blonde hair on mine..haha just keep renewing the old one.

Licenses...well here we get them for four years, so Larry gets his renewal and in order to keep his class one license he needs a physical, eye exam and papers to be filled out from a doctor. Now the man is going to be 68 years old the 16th of this month and seriously that license is for driving a truck, which he use to do. He has to keep it, grumbles bout the doctor and the blood work but has to keep it..er for backup..LOL LOL he's 68 years old no one is going to hire him to drive a tracker trailer and it cost him in the end,
185. and change plus co-pays for the doctor. Seems to me a regular old license would have been just fine...:evil:

My connection is still screwed up so a big Shout out to Carol, Robert, Ruthie,Patti, Mary, Kathie, Sue, Kathrin, Oz, EP, Howard, Linda all the gang.

Need to shut it all down and call them again, I'm still getting four beeps before any of my phone calls start to dial in, they said they fixed that too.
I hate my phone company...LOL Have a great day everyone, be good, be well
see you later I hope.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi Bell, I'm thinking some people need to pass an IQ test before they are allowed to own a dog..
and have children.

Raymo
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
A daughter of a friend grew up, got married, and turned very religious. She's the kind that likes to preach to you. Anyways....I noticed on Facebook that her daughter had been trying to talk her into letting her have a kitty. No, not gonna happen. No Hannah no. This part really made me laugh out loud....Hannah wakes up one morning, goes to her Mom and Dads bedroom and tells them that God had talked to her and that He wanted her to have a kitten........The new kittens name is Piper. :lol:

Raymo
11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Here's the story about Merwyn, a little background first....

Spanny is one of our old sister cats, going on 17 yrs old. Her real name is Lydia but it kinda morphed to Spanny and that's what weve always called her. Spanny is old and very frail, on her last legs really. Well, when Merwyn first came to us and wanted to live here (like we had a choice) he had to go through a pecking order and where he belonged in the pack. Teena hates seeing a kitty get picked on but it has to be done. It's just the way animals are. Fireball is at the top, she's mean to everyone. Even her sister Spanny. BigDog is just below Fireball and he picks on Merwyn relentlessly. Merwyn decided he could bully Spanny and so he picked on her constantly. Chasing her everywhere. She is the most skittish cat youll ever meet and sometimes out of the blue she will jump 4 feet into the air....for no reason. Merwyn got to where he would chase her down and trip her hind legs from behind. Once he got her down he would start biting her belly....:eek:. I had to whop him a few times and sat him down and told him that if he killed Spanny he would have to find a new home, lol. Things have started to settle down and Merwyn is fitting in. He doesnt chase Spanny as much as he used to. Merwyn still has a lot of tomcat in him and all summer long he's been catching mice out in the fields out back. He brings em into our yard and plays with them. Loves to show me his find and really shows off with them. Some weeks are really hard on the mice, he's an incredible hunter. Best I have ever seen. Once the rains started to come he's been bringing them to the covered patio. The other day I went out and noticed Spanny was all excited. " ok, what are you guys up to" ? I hadnt seen Spanny that active in a cpl yrs, so I just watched. It became pretty apparent that Merwyn had brought another mouse onto the patio but that it had gotten into the ferns. Spanny was all around the ferns trying to find it but she just isnt what she used to be. Merwyn was going all through our ferns looking and he emitted a low growl as he hunted for the mouse. It was cool watching him. I see him coming back to the patio with an obviously live mouse. He goes right over to where Spanny was watching all excited and.......drops the mouse at her feet and jumps up onto one of the patio chairs and lays down. It was almost like he knew that Spanny was old and couldnt catch a mouse and gave it to her. Oh, Spanny had a good time with it but it got away and went under an old pot of Hens and Chicks but she got to be a cat again even if just for a little bit. Merwyn really impressed me that night. He's still ornery as hell but he's a little more special because of what he did for our old Spanny.

biddlebeach
11-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Awe, that is a very cool story Ray!!

dances_with_oils
11-09-2010, 10:12 PM
That's an awesome thing to see Ray, good for Merwyn!

RPut
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah!! For Merwyn!!!

One of my kids found a glove on the playground and asked me to put it in the "found and lost!" Reminded me of when Julie was land would ask us to "inside this out" :lol:

One more day of school--we have Thursday and Friday off!

idylbrush
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4zjnoagvVo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4zjnoagvVo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4zjnoagvVo&feature=related

I have gone through something similar three times in my life. I think it releases the artist and returns the concepts to the universe. For me it seems almost a requirement so I can continue on. Last spring I destroyed nearly 200 works. Just a part of the artistic cycle.

noodle1
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Morning Everyone,

Hi Shirl my girl, how's it going?

Oh Raymo my man, see I knew I liked that cat, great story! Way to go Merwyn. If you watch them long enough they're not as aloof or nasty as they'd like you to believe, I've seen some really endearing things among even the wild ones.

Well connection much better this morning but still have to call and sit on hold forever..haha

Ruthie cute..haha I think I'm doing that these days myself, turning things round but it's not so cute called age...LOL Enjoy your days off.

Morning Howard, Carol yeah I agree, Robert, Oz, Kathrin, Mary, Bell, Patti,
Sue, EP, Linda, Kathie, all peekers in too.

Hope everyone has a good day, need to run an errand for hubby then to paint. See you later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Good morning Elaine, et al. I'm doing fine. Getting my breakfast this morning in exchange for router services.

Lady Carol
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Morning all. A quick visit before the lab and grant writing takes me away again.
:wave: Miss ya all.

Cool story Ray. Yeah for Merwyn. I knew that cat was special only because I thought he bit your feet at night, but now even more so.

RPut
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Somebody, please get me out of here!!!!!
My K kids are bonkers today!!

idylbrush
11-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Greetings from Starke FL. Almost home. One more drive and I be home again.

Very tired tonight. Going to IHOP for dinner. Never go there except for here in Starke, go figure.

biddlebeach
11-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Beautiful day here today, when I got home, hubs had the day off, so we started to put up our outdoor lights! whoot!

JP papa
11-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Being farley new to the media I have a question, just wondering. Can Acrylics be mixed with or used over top of oil paint? I have an oil painting Iím working on that I want to finish by the end of the week, and Iím thinking with the faster dry time of acrylics, if I use it to finish up some details I just might make it.:crossfingers: Any thoughts on this?

Raymo
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Took this just a little while ago....

idylbrush
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Being farley new to the media I have a question, just wondering. Can Acrylics be mixed with or used over top of oil paint? I have an oil painting Iím working on that I want to finish by the end of the week, and Iím thinking with the faster dry time of acrylics, if I use it to finish up some details I just might make it.:crossfingers: Any thoughts on this?

It is my understanding that oil over acrylic is okay, but, acrylic over oil, not so good. There are exceptions, but, for the most part.....that is it.

OkeeKat
11-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi all, quick hi as I'm on Joe's computer. for a minute.. My computer is down.. wont boot up.. I keep getting a blue screen,error message, saying restart and click F8 and it still does it after using safe mode.. I'm realy upset.. I have to print out my notecards, I bought this wk and finaly got all 30 of my cows aligned and saved late last night to print today and Now I can't or even my business cards, brochures or tags for paintings.
I'm REALLY BUMMED OUT!!!!! not sure if will get it fixed before fri nite as my show is saturday and sunday!!! URGH!!!!!!!
Joe is taking it to work tomorrow, I hope he can get my files off of it or get it started. Very annoying!!!!!!

Raymo.. cute photo!
Howard, glad your almost.. if not home already!!
Hi and hugs to everyone else, no time to read each one right now!
Luv,Kathie ... /sigh.

Raymo
11-10-2010, 10:07 PM
The mouse escaped through the fence.

Lady Carol
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
No unfortunately you can't use them that way around. But if you go oil over acrylic that is OK

dances_with_oils
11-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Kathie, sounds like you have a virus. Can you go into safemode and run your AV software?

Neat pic Ray. I wish our old crazy cat lady neighbour had treated her cats the way you guys do.

Well, tomorrow is Remembrance Day. Unlike the US Veteran's day, which celebrates the living vets, it is all about paying resepcts to those who sacrificed themselves so we can enjoy our rights and freedoms. An American store made a huge blooper by advertising a Remembrance day sale. Talk about not understanding your target audience or the day itself. Fortunately, the store realized its mistake and apologised to Canadians. Points for that.

We Will Remember (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gRx8tWJmI&feature=related)

My speech is ready, thanks for the input folks. I just spent the last 2 hours polishing my shoes and de-Branwening my uniform. I hope it doesn't snow...

PattiLou
11-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Whew! Out of state company is gone, I survived another year, went to Mimi's for breakfast with some friends (Blueberry and cream cheese stuffed french toast) and now I am stuffed. :lol:

Now I need to sequester myself in the studio for some painting time.

Hi Howard... did you make it home yet?

Hope everyone in the USA has a nice Veterans Day and our friends to the north Remembrance Day. There are several restaurants around town giving discounts to veterans.

Actually Bell, I always thought Veterans Day (originally called Armistice Day) was for all Veterans, living or dead. I found this on the net "In the United States, an official wreath-laying ceremony is held each Veterans Day at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery, while parades and other celebrations are held in states around the country. Veterans Day is not to be confused with Memorial Day--a common misunderstanding, according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Memorial Day (the fourth Monday in May) honors American servicemembers who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle, while Veterans Day pays tribute to all American veterans--living or dead--but especially gives thanks to living veterans who served their country honorably during war or peacetime." My brother was born on Armistice Day... so, easy for me to remember the date and name.

So... I would like to give thanks to all members of the armed services for their service, especially my father (now deceased) my husband and all my ancestors who served before them.

Shirl Parker
11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Great sentiment Patti. :thumbsup:

idylbrush
11-11-2010, 04:39 PM
home again, home again....

3:30 PM EST

Yay!

Sorta, the yard is a mess. So many weeds, so little time. The house was never opened up so it is okay but a bit musty, not moldy, just a bit stale. Need to get the carpets cleaned for sure. Outside needs some paint and we won't talk about the studio just yet.

noodle1
11-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Hi Shirl..the day's gone but hope you had a good one, mine is so far just a long one..LOL

Raymo my man now that's a handsome cat and I'm glad the mouse got through the fence...LOL

Patti that's how I know it to be as well. And yes wonderful sentiment. My dad was a Col. in the army, also deceased, and hubby was in the Navy. Schools closed here today and I'm thinking unfortunately that and maybe not having a work day for some is all the day is counted for. I went to Mass at noon to offer my thanks to all those serving in the armed forces and remember all those living who had. Your breakfast sounded sooooo good, I had a jelly donut and a lukewarm cup of coffee...LOL

Howard...:clap: :clap: home again home again jiggidy jig, bet it feels very good. The place will air out, least you can throw open some windows. Glad you are home safe and sound, rest a bit before you go tackling the garden etc., you deserve it.

Bell hope it went well with your speech and did not snow. Very important to remember, thanks for the link.

Well I got up at 4am this morning and for whatever reason went right into cleaning the downstairs, washed all the shear curtains in the living room, vaccumed and dusted, did the floors in the dining room, breakfast nook and kitchen and since it was only 8:00am when I was done I kept going...haha
I expected to be exhausted by now but am wide awake and still full of energy, watch tomorrow my butt will be draggin'....hahaha

Hi to Kathie too, hope you get it all straightened out, such a pain in the butt, hi Sue, Robert, Mary, Ruthie offered a grateful prayer for your son today too,
Carol, EP, Linda, Oz, Kathrin all the peekers in too.

Okay gonna go take a nice long hot bath and then watch some tv, I hope I can fall asleep..haha Will see you tomorrow.

Nite Nite Raymo my man.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
11-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Nite Nite Raymo my man.

Goodnight Noodles....:wave:....Merwyn is already sacked out.

biddlebeach
11-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Goodnight Noodles....:wave:....Merwyn is already sacked out.

591711love it!!

Shirl Parker
11-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Good night all, see you in the morning, Elaine (not too early!).

RPut
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Hi Ya!

Howard, Welcome home! Bet it feels great to be home!
Ray, LOVE the Merwyn pics!
Bell, hope things went well for your Remembrance Day! And thanks to you and all military people for all you do!!
Hi Elaine, Mary, Kathie, Patti, Shirl, Shrl, JP, Carol, Robert, Oz, and ALL!

Today, I practiced photograhy with Little Sean----

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Nov-2010/117502-IMG_8023.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Nov-2010/117502-IMG_8026.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Nov-2010/117502-IMG_8060.jpg

Whattcha Think? Pretty cute huh? Course I am a bit biased! LOL

This evening, a good friend had an open house art show for me in her home. It was fun to meet some new people and with the interest from the people there, I THINK there may be some follow up......

Tomorrow I think I will go up and see my folks and be back Sat.

Have a Great Weekend All!!!

idylbrush
11-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Ruthie, beautiful portrait of your grandbaby.

I guess my body decided that I don't need to sleep tonight because I sure am wide awake at 2 AM. What is with that?

This Week has been most eventful with the trip home. Finding my garden such a mess has not helped any. it was so orderly when I left and now it's chaos. Time to start all over again.

The next few days will be spent unpacking the trailer getting everything in its place or a reasonable facsimile thereof. The dreadful times filled with great indecision.

Rick before leaving South Carolina I invested in some thermal wear. The I am finding, quite contrary to my life in the past, I cannot tolerate much cold. The cold weather in South Carolina was enough to send me on my edge. I need to stay warm.

The studio is not nearly as bad as I had remembered leaving it. Certainly a plus.

so far being home has been good but exhausting. I do hope I will be able to get back to sleep. More tomorrowÖ

noodle1
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Shirl..haha no much more normal time this morning, 5:30am..roflol
Larry gets up and I hear him banging around the kitchen, I think that's it and once I'm up I'm up and there is no going back, um until like around 2ish..haha that's when I'm dying for a nap...haha How's it going cutie?

Ruthie fabulous photos, you rock girl! What a great friend, house shows are cool, one friend of mine use to do it for me too and I'm sure you'll have follow ups.

Raymo my man, now wouldn't you like to be able to sleep like that..or do you..hahaha He looks quite cozy til the "think I'll go bite the man" stirs in his little brain. Great shot!

Howard you must have been thinking about all you wanted to accomplish now that you're back home, put it out of your mind..lol I do seriously hope tho too that you will be back to a good nights sleep.

Morning Miss Carol, you must be a busy girl you're kind of quiet, Hi Kathie,
Bell, Patti, Sue, Mary, EP, Linda, Robert, Oz, Kathrin, sorry if I missed anyone.

The water I leave out for the animals was frozen this morning, and the ground was white and crunchie looking, well it is Nov. and that actually is more normal. Need to go see what's new in the threads then back to painting for a bit, no cleaning today I'm sore..hahaha.

Hope everyone has a fine day and I will check back later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
11-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone.

Hi Elaine. Well, it's official, I'm going to Winter Texan hell again. I received the deposit, so now I need to schlep my stuff back from the other side of the house (fortunately, not much), and get some phone/TV setup there.

Moving my bed back is the biggest deal. I have to find two or three strong guys to do it, and usually, new guys, because the ones who have done it before, don't want to again.

P.S. 4-Day FREE TRIAL Offer at ArtistsNetwork.TV! http://artistsnetwork.tv/c-17-fwspecials.aspx

idylbrush
11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Here it is noontime and I am done for the day. I am toast!

I spent the morning trying to get things in from the trailer and managed to get most of my clothing, the entire computer, and at least part of the kitchen in. Finding space for the clothes has been a problem. Maybe this will be the winter that I get to clean up the closet and start fresh.

I am really tired at the moment I think I am done for the day. Unless energy comes back this afternoon, I am planning on being very low-key.

When I got home, I had a package in the mail with a new acrylic paint to play with. I am really looking forward to giving it a whirl. It looks rather promising at the moment. Especially considering the way I work. Really looking forward to giving it a try. Maybe tomorrow.

Next big project is to retrieve the car from storage. Generally not a huge issue, and hopefully this year won't be either.

I may try and get the fountain started up this afternoon and get it back in working order. I love the sound. Must do a bit of weeding around it first.

Guess I better get at it, even if it's only to have a nap.

OkeeKat
11-12-2010, 02:51 PM
HELLO ALL!
quick not to say I'm doing ok and got computer up and running again.
Spent all last evening and so far today printing out notecards for my show tomorrow and putting them together with fall colored ribbons.
I still have to do more bus. cards and brochures yet.
show is both saturday and sunday. so will be kinda out of touch for bit.

Ruthie.. great photos!! LOVE THEM!!!!!
Have a few errands to run to out and will stop back later if aI have time.. so much to do yet.
Later all!!

biddlebeach
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Geez Kathie! so gald you just mentioned business cards! I also have to print some! I am doing the Holiday craft thing again this year, it is tomorrow already! I didnt do a single NEW thing for it. I have so much leftover from last year, that is what I am taking PLUS, all my tie dye! lol
I hope I can get rid of some Tie dye,, it is kinda overwhelming!
I have three huge tubs FULL of it.. shame on me,, I just hope I make enough to pay for my space and possibly put a couple of bucks in my pocket..
Howard, no wonder you are pooped out,, you have been running full steam all summer,,

idylbrush
11-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Another lovely morning. It sure is nice to be home!

Going to get the car today and then do some grocery shopping. Need to get orange juice and bread in some of the other basics.

I am truly trying to ignore the outside. The weeds will be there whether I am up there or not. today will be filled with trying to finish up the trailer, filling the car, filling the truck, filling the cupboard. An awful lot of filling going on.

I am hoping later today to be able to play with some of the new paint that I got in the mail the other day.

Better get going before the morning is gone.

noodle1
11-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Morning All,

Hi Shirl, okay dah, I'm a dolt...are you moving??? Somewhere I didn't read or remember. Your idiot friend needs clarification...hahaha especially with Winter Texas Hell, is there such a thing..hugs cutie.

Howard you work too hard!

Hi Kathie, Mary, Carol, Robert, Sue, Bell, Patti, Ruthie, Oz, Raymo my man,
everyone.

Quite a nice day here today, just enough of a chill but sunny, good cause I have to get Jess and "hang out"..haha translated that means she wants to go shopping..haha Well gives me the chance to see if there is anything out there I'd want to buy for Christmas presents. I'm really at a loss this year.

Just stopping in for a quick hello seeing what you're all up to.
Be well and have a good day I'll catch ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
11-13-2010, 11:26 AM
...Well, it's official, I'm going to Winter Texan hell again. I received the deposit, so now I need to schlep my stuff back from the other side of the house (fortunately, not much), and get some phone/TV setup there.

Moving my bed back is the biggest deal. I have to find two or three strong guys to do it, and usually, new guys, because the ones who have done it before, don't want to again...

Good morning Elaine, this translates to I'm renting out one side of my house for three months to visitors from the north. So I have to move my bed and some other stuff to the side of the house I will be living in for three months. It sort of turns my house into a studio and a one bedroom apartment. I mostly use the studio side anyway. Putting up with the renters is the price for the extra money.

We are having rain and cool temps. Yay! :clap:

New set of dogs came yesterday, everyone getting along fine.

RPut
11-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Aawww shucks, I didn't catch the phone this morning and it was Robbie calling. He is on his way to Basic on Monday after being is a holding area for 2 weeks. I'm bummed.

Visiting the folks, they both have colds and look tired. Don't think I will stay long. Thought about it, but glad I didn't bring little Sean, I sure don't want him to get sick.
It's cold and foggy here....and I am in a dreary mood.

Later~

biddlebeach
11-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I got home a bit ago from the craft show,, SOLD one of my sunflower paintings! yippee! made a bit more than last year, so happy about that!

idylbrush
11-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Very busy day today. After several trips I was able to get the car out of the storage area, it's running like a champ. several trips to the supermarket, several different markets runtime actually, and more unpacking of the trailer. I find it absolutely astounding how much one can accumulate in five months of travel.

Made three loaves of Greek bread today. They're currently cooling on a rack. Pasta and chicken for dinner tonight.

Trying to decide what to do with my art work at the moment thinking I might have a style change coming up, at least that's the way it feels at the moment and who am I to fight it. Not sure exactly how it's going to change it but it's going to change.