of form and color
yellow purple directions are nice

artbabe21
12-12-2002, 03:53 PM
well done Mark...:)
love your grasses and bare trees...;)

orchidlover6
12-12-2002, 04:36 PM
I like how the yellow flowers pop out from the grass without competing with the more subtle colors of the trees and the background.

mattlart
12-12-2002, 06:10 PM
............There's alot to like here..............; the trees are a knockout; purple/magenta shadows on them gorgeous.:clap:

LOTS of really good color;..a fine landscape.........
I have but ONE suggestion;..the IDEA of those flowers in the foreground works for me. The detailed rendering of them doesn't..
I'd blur them;.if it were mine..:evil: ;) :angel: :cat: :) -S

coulter
12-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Thank you Jerry

Cathleen, thank you, I owe it all to both ends of my little triple 0 watercolor brush :D

Thank you Debra, that's the part I'm not sure about. They seem to integrate but they also seem to be an immediate eye stopper. I think I will try Scott's suggestion....
Originally posted by mattlart

I'd blur them;.if it were mine..:evil: ;) :angel: :cat: :) -S Do you mean fuzzy edges? or blur 'em so only the idea remains? I guess my first inclination is the former but the more I think about it, it's the later.... Thanks Scott!!!

Mark

mattlart
12-12-2002, 10:41 PM
You might blur them enough so that the definite idea remains...:D
Cheers........:p

Wayne Gaudon
12-13-2002, 09:08 AM
I have to be different and point the finger .. I don't see or feel any distance between the lavander trees and the green background trees .. I should feel and see a distance between the two as they are seperated by water and field
.. I think if you used lesser values in the back you could open this piece out and it would show like your last landscape .. open and spacious. Let's call the lavender trees a five so make the background a two. Also agree that the yellow flowers need to be smashed into the field so the assumption of flowers is present but the petals are left to the imagination.

later,

Southern Style
12-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Very enjoyable painting!

Fagan
12-14-2002, 12:09 PM
This to me is perfect! I would not change anything...well...maybe blur that one yellow flower a little bit. *LOL* This is lovely work....I have come back to look several times and each time I find it very pleasing. I rarely get the feeling of harmony when viewing a painting...but this one does it for me.

YLCIA
12-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Wonderful , Mark. Beautiful ladscape, gorgeous colors.

Julia:)

Alan Cross
12-14-2002, 02:40 PM
I also have looked at this several times without commenting....now I am ready....I like it nice and soft feelings of places I would like to go...good job! Yellow and purple rock!
Alan :)

Gilberte
12-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Even when flowers are blooming in the front ... and the trees have no more leaves ... the warming-up of the earth ? Your painting must represent the answer...

Extremely nice pallette !

coulter
12-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Thank you everyone, you're too kind :D I've made some changes but I couldn't get the photo taken today, hopefully tomorrow.

Wayne, yes, I continue to struggle with distance.

Marcia, thank you

Beverly, wow, you made my day!

Julia, thanks, I haven't seen you post for a while, where's your stuff???

Alan, thank you! these places are very hard to get to, but maybe that's what makes them so special.

Gilberte, just for the irony, I thought about waiting until the 21st (Solstice) to post a spring painting, but I couldn't wait :D

Mark

Wayne Gaudon
12-14-2002, 05:57 PM
:d .. lately I struggle with everything .. LOL .. one thing is not bad.

coulter
12-16-2002, 09:23 PM
Just a quick update, blurred the flowers in the front, splashed some more warmth around.....thank you Scott!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2002/LostLake2.jpg

Mark

YLCIA
12-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Beautiful, Mark:) I like it either way:)

I did not post be cause I did not paint :got kind of depressed , mind busy with family matters:rolleyes:
Did not touch the brush for month at least, but I think I am getting out of this stupor;)

Julia