PDA

View Full Version : Still life - bottle vase

Chestnut Tree Cafe
11-06-2010, 01:22 PM
A3 size, liquitex on acrylic paper. Study done in an afternoon.

The dark splodge above the bottleneck isn't really there - just a shadow in the photo.

Not entirely happy with it - I didn't have time to give depth to the tabletop or add a deeper vase shadow. Bottle could do with more space above it.

C&C welcome.

Chris

OkeeKat
11-06-2010, 02:00 PM
nicely done, I think the table can use some darker tones to the area towards the back and blend to lighter tone in the front, will give it more depth too! also the background maybe a bit darker closer to the table. Yes a shadow on the table from the bottle will realy make a difference! You might want to avoid a halo effect around the subject on the background (appears as if you painted around the bottle)by doing the background all first then you can get realy close up to the edge of your bottle and then correct any problems with doing the subject after.
Keep up the good work!

tonyjazz
11-08-2010, 12:01 AM
I like the color combination you have used here, very effective. I agree with Kathie about the bg and the table. The brush strokes on the table go in different directions, darkening that with same direction on brush strokes would really add to this artwork.

plec
11-16-2010, 11:53 AM
what they said and i love the colour and textures of the bottle.
Ken.

Linee
11-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Beautiful subject and lovely color combo.