GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: "Nicole"
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 17x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was done today,....on gessoed hardboard.
It's VERY loose and,....almost abstracted....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is it TOO loose? Do you like it as compared to my other nudes?

Paintonbrush
12-11-2002, 04:27 PM
love the hair and your colors seem a little more orange. I like this one its one of my fav's. only complaint is like to see a little more of the face....gives it personality, I think......
thats what I get for thinking tho......;-)

Wayne Gaudon
12-11-2002, 04:55 PM
abstract it more or tighten it more .. seems to be in the middle of both worlds and doesn't do the trick for me .. opinion only of course.

madmum
12-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Beautiful just as it is! I like the whisps of hair over her eye, and the lovely warm colours. The figure itself isn't so loose, the background is, which helps the viewer to focus on her. Just my twopenn'orth of course!

Ruth

artbabe21
12-11-2002, 05:44 PM
well, i see Wayne shared those painting drugs...
now you're a painting machine...

REALLY like this one...it goes nicely with the series...
think I'd enjoy seeing a little of her face too...
but if you decide not, I still enjoy it as is...:)

coulter
12-11-2002, 09:19 PM
I don't mind that the face is abstracted, the mood of the piece is loud and clear.

The bowed fore-arm bothers me just a little and the paw instead of hand, but we all have our abstraction obsessions.

I love the light, at first I thought you were changing your palette, but this is just filled with light, that's all!

Yes I like it!!

Mark

Alan Cross
12-12-2002, 02:04 AM
I like it just like all the others .....good stuff.....can you tell us what are the main colors you are using in these....its a very nice combination.
Alan :)

alfaro
12-12-2002, 04:03 AM
thats great!!!

-ed

eddieooo
12-12-2002, 05:53 AM
I think you nailed it! Rought vs smooth...great

NHyde
12-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Wow Scott! The warm colours and the melange of textures and focus - smooth and rough; loose and taut - are so effective in creating an intimate mood here. A gorgeous painting!

...and she has "such" a great name! :D

Wonderful work Scott,

(Wes') Nicole

mattlart
12-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Thank you all,.....for your comments and observations.....:)

Hellooooo Diane,..Iagree,..I think that her hair is her strong suit,(so-to-speak). I
ve used a warmer,lighter palette here.,and tried to add more facial expression;.but when I do,..she seems to wind up looking like an alien,lol,...so...........I need to leave her alone..;) Cheers

Well Wayne;..I wouldn't abstract it more;...simply because the style would be glaringly different from the others;and this group of nudes all hang together in the same gallery;..tried to "tighten" her,..and she resisted.......Oh well.Cheers

Thank you,..Madmum:)

Hi Cath,...I guess she's...ok. I tried to give her more expression,..but well ,ya know,...she wouldn't go for it....;) Cheers

Hey Mark,...lol,..after reading your critique,....I reworked her "paw" Thanks,-S

Thanks Alan and Alfaro.......;and Edie..

Yes,..Nicole IS a lovely name;) Best Wishes to you. Would you wake up your fiance,...and tell him to email me..?:cat: -S

ArtyHelen
12-12-2002, 06:43 PM
WOW.

Her fragility is a beautiful thing.

I wouldn't change anything.

Helen

eddieooo
12-12-2002, 10:48 PM
I want to buy it. Sale price?

mattlart
12-13-2002, 08:58 AM
Thank you Helen for your kind words......:) Best Wishes to you:-S

Greetings Eddieooo.......:) I've sent you a personal message....about Nicole:)

Zarathustra
12-13-2002, 04:47 PM
I've not seen your previous nudes, but this is great - it truly leaps out of the canvas and the colours are so warm.

bobsart
12-14-2002, 04:53 PM
This doesn't look like any loose women I know but it is great artwork........bob

tamiboo
12-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Beautiful piece! Although I would like to see al little more definition around the face.
Love the coloring.

stealth
12-14-2002, 09:32 PM
would'nt change a thing, i think it's a fine painting.great job

mattlart
12-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Good Sunday to all..........:clap:

Thank you for the kind words,..Zarathustra(whoa,quite the distinctive 'username';quite a mouthful:)....

Hi Bob- Perhaps you could expand your circle of "loose women"?:)
Thank you for visiting,..lol,..-Scott

I Appreciate your comments Tamiboo,...but alas,..she's already in one of my galleries....too late for any changes.:D Cheers,-S

Thank you, Stealth;..your tinyhead is wonderfully strange;)

jerryW
12-15-2002, 07:24 PM
placement on page is grand
actuallly placement of everything is wonderful

Indy Ana
12-17-2002, 04:40 AM
It looks ok, it appears that you struggled a bit with the face and not so much with everything else. You might consider rendering the face in more the manner you rendered everything else. my 2 cents

mattlart
12-17-2002, 08:51 AM
I always appreciate your observations, Jerry. Thank you..Cheers

Yes Indy,(or is it Ana?:)..;you are absolutely correct! I struggled with her face a bit,...and finally,..decided that it would be best,.,,to......just leave her alone..;) Thank you for your two cents:) Best Wishes....

lillie
12-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Beautiful......:)

Might try just a hint of an eye and touch of eyebrow...but she is lovely, mysterious...;)

artbabe21
12-17-2002, 12:53 PM
i sure got a chuckle over that new quote, scott!! lol

mattlart
12-18-2002, 11:08 AM
...Yes,Lillie.....tried that:),..didn't work...BUT , she's at a gallery now,..and I don't have to fret over her face any more,lol! Now,...she's someone else's problem(chuckle)...Best Wishes,-Scott

Yeah, Cath....;it cracked me up when I read it, as well. Take care,-S

Corrie Scott
12-18-2002, 10:23 PM
This is absolutely stunning. Thank you