PDA

View Full Version : Orange, Grapes and Plate - for C and C please

arl
11-04-2010, 11:02 AM
This painting is on 8 by 10 inch canvas. It is based on an image in the RIL; thanks to the contributor. I still need to do some final work but wanted your opinions. I painted the orange slices with luminous techniques. I also liked the 2 light sources and cast shadows from the overhead view. The light source from the right was stronger. All comments are appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2010/114108-orange_grape_plate0001_.jpg

tonyjazz
11-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I like the dish and citrus color combinations and soft brush strokes. I feel the grapes could use more shading to get that rounded look. Great impressionistic feel to this....................TJ

arl
11-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Thank you for the comment Tony.

ladypainter
11-05-2010, 08:13 AM
I like the dish and citrus color combinations and soft brush strokes. I feel the grapes could use more shading to get that rounded look. Great impressionistic feel to this....................TJ

I agree with Tony about the grapes to give them more definition as well.Other than that love this piece and as always love this style of yours.

Chestnut Tree Cafe
11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Lovely luminous colours with a nice feeling to it.

Always tricky to tell with photographs but perhaps you could use some darker areas (they are mostly light or mid tones at the moment).

Chris

PainterDeb
11-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Arlene, I really like the orange slices, they seem to glow!

What do you think about adding a bit of white to the plate, and just a little shadow to the grapes?

arl
11-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Thank you for your comments. I will add shadow to the grapes. I can't add white as it will destroy the luminosity I wanted to achieve. If I keep dark values away from the main area, I don't destroy the luminosity.