PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fairy (WIP)

jlcochran
11-04-2010, 07:57 AM
One of the things I would love to do is to paint portraits but with a fantasy twist. I do this with drawings sometimes and I have so much fun with it. :D

So I asked my friends if they would like to be painted as a fantasy creature. Quite a few do and I'm going to try to paint them all.

This one is of my friend Sara who wanted to be a fairy. She told me to surprise her as to the type. As I worked on it I felt she would make a GREAT fire fairy.

Anyway, here's what I have so far. I still need to add a lot of detail to the tunic and do the wings. But overall I'm quite happy with it so far. Not sure if I like the shadow under her cheekbones. I had done that too dark and tried a wash over it. Might have to play with it some more.

CC most welcome as I have a lot to learn!

*hugs*
Jess

idylbrush
11-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Good start. Playing with paint is always an option and take time to "see" what is going on and adjust as needed. It is all good.

Dcam
11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Good Luck on this one. So far so good. Love the "Spock" ears.
Derek

jlcochran
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys. I just did her wings. I love how they came out.

I just need to fix the shadow on her face and add detail and wrinkles to the tunic. I'm not sure about the yellow that I have coming off the wings but in a way I kind of like it. So for now I'm going to keep it. :)

*hugs*
Jess

OkeeKat
11-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Fabulous idea, Looks great so far!!

jlcochran
11-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I fixed her face a bit and I think I'm ready to call it done! Excuse the bit of glare from the flash.

*hugs*
Jess

ladypainter
11-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Very nicely done and a great idea.

ddel
11-06-2010, 01:04 PM
This style looks like fun! I must do one. Doug