PDA

View Full Version : presentation to client

gallery523
12-09-2002, 04:24 PM
I do many commissions and most are unframed pastels. I have matted them and put them on foam board and it drives me crazy that these mats and such are usually just tossed or not needed by the framer the client takes it to. I have put them on cardboard with tape.... I am wondering what other methods everyone is using to present their final work to a client. Perhaps I am just being silly at the waste of these.

Katherine J
12-09-2002, 05:46 PM
I recently posted a thread here called "Suggestions for Promotion?" which might be of some use to you.

Katherine

Mo.
12-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Hi Robin,

When I do a commisssion, unless the client asks for it to be mounted/matted and/or framed I just place the finished piece protected with grease proof paper placed between two sheets of stiff card. Generally for commission that have to be posted though I will mount the work, but discuss the colour of the mount with the client. As long as the client is paying me what I want for the commission, I'm happy. I wouldn't be worried about it if I were you. :)

Cheers,

gallery523
12-09-2002, 09:50 PM
what type of grease proof paper do you use? Does it come in 19 x 25 size?

MarshaSavage
12-10-2002, 06:37 AM
I don't worry about not getting the support back (I use foam core), but I don't put a mat on my pieces when giving them to the client. They usually see it with a mat that I will just hold up in front of the painting when getting the final approval.

The paper that I cover the painting with is called "glassine" and it comes in rolls in varying widths. You should be able to find it through a mail-order company. I buy mine here in Atlanta at Pearl's. You can even use tracing paper that comes in pads of different sizes -- though you will have a small amount of pastel transfer to the tracing paper it it gets moved on top of the painting. But it will not really hurt your pastel if on there for a short time. Again -- though -- the glassine is wonderful stuff.