GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ariel
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension:
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a drawing done a few months ago when I was doing a 'women in fur' series.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I have been thinking of re-creating some of these drawings in oil .... which is not one of my favorite mediums.
Any comments welcome.

Paintonbrush
12-09-2002, 01:21 PM
I would guess that this series looks great together, could see hanging on entire wall in coffee shop. I would find pleasure in that. nice work

jerryW
12-09-2002, 01:32 PM
nice drawing.
sad about your relationship to oils.
you must love what you are doing, so i suggest do not do oil of this.
in fact no need to re-create anything.
pick up your more enjoyable system and create something new with at least as much fresh excitement that this once had.
then you get lost in it
have fun and go mental.

artbabe21
12-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jerryW
pick up your more enjoyable system and create something new with at least as much fresh excitement that this once had.
then you get lost in it

have fun and go mental.

LOL...is that what this is?? i go mental everyday & thought that was just the struggle...:)

But I so agree with what you said above about making sure it's an enjoyable medium...:)

Alan Cross
12-09-2002, 02:19 PM
Great Pencil work....
Alan :)

Mayet Ankh
12-10-2002, 07:31 AM
paintonbrush, Ahhh! yes, the Coffee Shop art. People often make that comment about my drawings :) but, to date I know of none that are hanging in Coffee shops.

Jerry, You hit the nail on the head with your comments. I love to draw and I don't really struggle with it. Every now and then I get the urge to use oil ... but I really struggle with the medium and become bored quickly.
I love the excitement of creating something new - but it has to happen quickly for me and pencil is really fast to use.

Alan, Thanks.