PDA

View Full Version : Khrystynne

orchid black
12-09-2002, 12:22 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-08-2002/12065_newKhrystynne.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Khrystynne
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11.25
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a WIP. I'm not certain what to do next.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Let me know what is lacking, what I've done well, and how I can grow in my technique. I am a beginner with no formal training, so any constructive criticism is welcome.

Alan Cross
12-09-2002, 12:27 AM
Does not look like the work of a beginner.....you have done very good....the only line I see needing looking at is her cheek....left one it seems a little square....not sure if thats what she looks like or not but to me it could use a little softing....everthing else is great!!
Alan :)

taghera
12-09-2002, 12:37 AM
If her hair is over her left shoulder I think you should have it "tailing off" a bit more...otherwise its very good...:)

Stephanie
12-09-2002, 12:48 AM
pretty amazin' :clap:

love the details - earrings, shirt pattern -- look on her face

:D

Lorijo
12-09-2002, 11:32 AM
It looks very good, not like beginner work! :clap: Lorijo

jerryW
12-09-2002, 01:35 PM
you can go where you want with this.
eclipse has the most evolved graphite work I have seen.
immerse in what you love, and bring out these things in your own work is all I can advise.
your critical eye may command 100 things, so you do them, on the way your path changes, that is ok too.

pampe
12-09-2002, 05:18 PM
stand alone as is

well done

you could add a watercolor wash, colored pencils, sepia, charcol.....WHAT DO YOU want to do????

YLCIA
12-09-2002, 11:05 PM
Beginner? wow. I would leave it as is:)

Julia

JeanineJ
12-10-2002, 11:24 AM
I echo the admiration and advice of my esteemed collegues. This is strong draftsmanship.

Here are a few ideas:
PATTERN: Walk to the other side of the room and look at your work. What is the pattern of darks? Light? If you cannot readily find these within the form, go back and darken darks, lighten lights, mass together initially, then add detail. Try using charcoal for your next sketch to emphasis big shapes and avoid details too soon.

EDGES look best when vaired. Try to find areas where you can soften and/or loose edges to give a more artistic flair to your work. Avoid outlining. Let the dark/light areas define lines. When in doubt, take it out!

UPPER LIP is usually darker than lower lip.

WHITE of eyes should not be lighter than lightest light on cheek.

STUDY the masters! Walk the walk, go to museums, sign up for classes. Be not afraid of learning. Your style will always remain as personal as handwriting.

WELCOME to the wonderful world of art!

artbabe21
12-10-2002, 10:14 PM
great work on this...keep drawing and show us more...:)

orchid black
12-11-2002, 01:13 AM
Thanks to everyone for commenting! I appreciate the time taken to let me know how I'm doing. I don't spend enough time creating, and as a result, don't see much growth in my own work. I have J.D.'s book on realistic pencil drawings, but we're in the middle of redecorating, and everything is in boxes... argh!
Thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it!
:cat:

Southern Style
12-11-2002, 03:56 AM
You are doing very well! Lovely drawing!

orchidlover6
12-11-2002, 03:12 PM
nice work. I'd blend the neck edge so it's not so hard and add some really dark darks in the hair shadows and few other places to make it more dimensional.