PDA

View Full Version : Shhhh...... Remember

arourapope
12-08-2002, 10:14 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-08-2002/568_shhremember.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-08-2002/568_shhrememberdetail.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Shhhh...... Remember
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 18 x 24 inches
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Another dreamscape. Still doing the black and white, still in knife. A wee bit of permanant sap green in the eyeball.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
So whatcha think? I know it's weird. But does it resonate with you in any way. And please, if you see any glaring troubles with the figure work, let me know. This is mostly from imagination.

lorelou
12-08-2002, 10:27 PM
G-O-S-H, that Is really wonderful!

arourapope
12-08-2002, 11:47 PM
thanks Loretta! :)

pampe
12-08-2002, 11:49 PM
oh, aurora
I loved it as I scrolled own./..the dreaminess of the figure....all kinds of scenarios......then I got to the eyeball and stopped cold.....hmmmm

I think the figure is wonderful, your knifework excellent....just not sure about that dang eye...but it was your dream afterall;)

Alan Cross
12-08-2002, 11:57 PM
I am also not sure about the green eye.....the rest is wonderful and I think if you need the eye in there make it black and white also....it does really pull the attention and its not in the best spot to have that pull.....another great painting none the less....
Alan :)

taghera
12-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Slap a bit of green elsewhere in the painting...I don't see a problem...pun intended LOL..:)

Lorijo
12-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Very good, very spooky! It sure resonates with me! The hand with the eye looks a bit odd, but its not glaring. Lorijo

jerryW
12-09-2002, 12:04 AM
your sense of form is full
color is coming back
let it all in

artbabe21
12-09-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by pampe
oh, aurora
I loved it as I scrolled own./..the dreaminess of the figure....all kinds of scenarios......then I got to the eyeball and stopped cold.....hmmmm

I think the figure is wonderful, your knifework excellent....just not sure about that dang eye...but it was your dream afterall;)

Pam, we Montana people think exactly alike...these were my exact thoughts....:D

TScottDove
12-09-2002, 12:33 AM
You could have placed just about anything in her hand, so what made you choose an eyeball?

impetuous
12-09-2002, 06:19 AM
Love the face and the figure, they are incredibly beautiful ...not sure what to make of the eye though, a bit spooky and odd.

mattlart
12-09-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Alan Cross
I am also not sure about the green eye.....the rest is wonderful and I think if you need the eye in there make it black and white also....it does really pull the attention and its not in the best spot to have that pull.....another great painting none the less....
Alan :)

Agreed. The figure is wonderful and enigmatic. Cheers,-Scott

arourapope
12-09-2002, 12:14 PM
thanks for popping in guys. I'll think about the eye, I promise. ;) Sorry it disturbed you guys so much. Dreams are freaky things.

Paintonbrush
12-09-2002, 01:34 PM
rockin! wow

Joi
12-09-2002, 02:41 PM
Wow!
Personally, I like the eye, it's placement and it's color. The color enhances the dream like quality to it. It seems to be a memory of a green eye that found its way inside the dream.

I see how the placement of the eye might not work out compositionally, and that it draws the eye directly away from the face, which is usually the visual draw. But for what it is I think it works out anyway.

jnet11
12-09-2002, 04:02 PM
I see this as the woman having lost her eye
and blindly reaching out for it to replace
the eye is looking back at her, as though it needs her
but had to try it's freedom
she is peaceful and motherly, and not odd or moody at all
just welcoming her eye back.

allanom
12-09-2002, 04:32 PM
It's a dream, for gosh sakes -- home landscape of the spooky and surreal. Aything goes and everything goes. The eye not only works for you, but works universally as it triggers reactions in all. Dream on, girl. Let's see some more of these...

YLCIA
12-09-2002, 11:02 PM
I personally like it very much ! spooky but wonderful.

Julia:)

Xerielle
12-10-2002, 05:23 AM
Please don't touch it! Perfection has been achieved!!! Would it be too much to ask for a detail image of the face?? (two weeks + is a Really long time to wait!!!!!!) You could e-mail it to me if you like!

[email protected]

arourapope
12-10-2002, 11:05 PM
I'm not touching. It's a done deal. :D Here's a detail for ya.

Lori Peterson
12-11-2002, 12:53 AM
Oh! it is sooo rich and beautiful. The imagery is unsettling and compelling. I love it.

orchidlover6
12-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by impetuous
Love the face and the figure, they are incredibly beautiful ...not sure what to make of the eye though, a bit spooky and odd.

couldn't say it bettr myself. The work on the face is exquisite. Really draws you in, there's a feeling of ecstasy and something else I can't quite put to words, then as I scroll down BLAM! that eye ball jolts me back to reality and out of my feeling of the surreal. If that is what you intended for it to do, you nailed it right on.