PDA

View Full Version : What my family is getting for X-mas

JodiPrice
12-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Well, I have not had much time to make beads lately with being out of town for Thanksgiving and getting ready for the holidays.
I have been working to replace all of my old scanned pictures on my website with new ones from my digi camera, what a pain!!

But I did get my family's X-mas presents done this week. I tried to match everyone's home decor, Hence all the softer colors. Most of the bases are done in Dark Ivory, which didnt show up too well in the scan. Otherwise I would have gone color crazy(like the example in the picture with the coral, purples and blues).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2002/FanPulls.jpg

I even made two for myself but I am not using them for fan pulls, they are for handles on my kiln bead door.

I also made a charm bracelet for myself while on vacation for Thanksgiving, I made the beads on my sister's torch. These beads are even smaller then I normally make. The average size of bead on this bracelet is about 6mm.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2002/FlowerCharmBracelet.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2002/CU_FlowerCharmBracelet.jpg

nursekatie
12-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Ohhh...VERY NICE!!! (Did I mention that I am your 3rd cousin????:evil: ) hee hee. Great Idea......I was trying to come up with something to go with the hurricane lamps I got for my brothers and their wives....I had thought about bracelets for the wives......but I like my brothers better then their wives....so this would be PERFECT!! (I am sooo evil...LOL) I just made a charm bracelet for myself today, with beads from other people......It is so fun....but not nearly as gorgeous as YOURS....that is spectacular!!!

ValorieCox
12-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Wow, those are great Jodi! Very generous indeed. Glad to hear from you again, I had been missing your posts, and hadn't realized you were away. :)

Val

Jennifree
12-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Fan pulls. Great idea, and great looking!

Melinda Melanson
12-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Love the fan pulls Jodi! My personal favorite is the amethyst/periwinkle one. I'm waiting to get a bigger torch to work Fan pulls and winestoppers, HH just not hot enough for the size I want to make. But they are on my wish-to-do-soon list. And how in the world did you get the beads as small as 6mm? we are talking diameter here not width, right?? 6mm in diameter is freaking tiny!!

nursekatie
12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Hey Melinda....who says that you only have to have ONE big bead for a fan pull?? Try a few beads strung on the end....that is my plan :D

JodiPrice
12-08-2002, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys!

Melinda, I measure the bead as if I was measuring it through the bead from hole to hole.

Katie, I have seen pulls with the stacked beads as well, they are so pretty too. I am going to try a few different styles to put on my website. They are a neat idea that can be a great gift for men or women, which is nice becus I can never make that many lampworked items for the males in my family! :)

Lori Peterson
12-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Gorgeous!!!!!!!

In all the holiday hubbub, you must have overlooked the third twin...... My house is done in the arts and crafts - mission style. :evil:

Beautiful pulls and that bracelet is just about as fabulous as possible.

kandice
12-09-2002, 01:38 AM
<<<klunk>>> Wow! Those are way cool! Your family will be very happy to receive these pulls. :) They look so cheerful! :) And that charm bracelet.... drooooolll.... I love those colors. Thanks for sharing!

Lenda
12-09-2002, 07:39 AM
I love them Jodi!!! And that charm bracelet is wonderful!!!Such tiny beads, don't think I can do them, the fan pulls on the other hand, I'm a big bead girl!!

I remember Lori R. told of where to get the fan pull parts and I thought I saved it but can't find it. Will you tell where you got yours? I think yours might be different.

And I was about to put a MIA on you too Jodi!!:D

JodiPrice
12-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Lenda,

I actually bought the little fan pull caps from Lori Robbins(he-he). But she got them at: http://www.ballchain.com

I got the chain and connectors from my local home depot. Everything is pretty inexpensive.

Lenda
12-09-2002, 09:06 AM
Thanks Jodi :D

Melinda Melanson
12-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Oh ok Jodi, I always measure the diameter of the bead. And you measure the width/face, hole to hole way. Now I have an idea of what size they really are. Thought maybe you were shooting for worlds record in tiny beads! :D

Katie, thanks for the tip, may have to make some with lots of smaller beads.