PDA

View Full Version : WIA w/c Mon 1st November 2010

claire.c
11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
OK, I've taken it on myself to make this a weekly thread as it has been so quiet, feel free to start a new one at any point it seems necessary.

I've been feeling a bit off colour since getting home from work, just beginning to recover now. I think it might be from eating at odd times and not getting enough sleep, the hour change was a disaster as the alarm woke us up anyway (it changes automatically, but not until it is on - what a design triumph!). And I managed to slip on the stairs holding a full cup of coffee - my fault for being just in socks, Leon's fault for having nicked my shoes. I didn't drop the cup but I was drenched through! I'm going to have a really impressive bruise come morning, promise I won't post pics.

Hoping to get my holiday booked tonight/tomorrow, we are aiming to stay in the Lille region and visit the various Christmas markets.

Pam, I'm glad you managed to stay home for the Halloween celebrations, and had such a busy and fanciful time.

Barrie, nothing wrong with having a lazy evening, you have worked way too hard with the show and deserve a rest.

Hi to everyone else, hope life is going well.

Barrie
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Ouch Claire!! Stairs can be soooo treacherous! Especially in socks! Hope the bruising doesn't last long. Sounds like another lovely holiday coming up for you!

Pam, wow, your Halloween is much more exciting than ours! LOVE the costumes!! Looks like you had a pretty good (tho probably exhausting!) time.

The lazy evening was wonderful, though we did go grocery shopping, so it was slightly productive. My new chair arrives tomorrow! YAY!! I can't wait!! Other than that, I'm thinking it's time to get back in my studio and make some jewelry at some point this week. I've slacked off long enough!! Hope you all have a great week!! Cheers!

Dawnt0721
11-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey everyone!

Claire - oh my! I've done that before! Hope you're not too sore.

Barrie - yay for the chair tomorrow! :clap:

I spent the day at the torch today. Not sure I got much done but I did finish a simple custom order and it made me want to make them in many more colors because they were so easy lol. I got a couple of new glass colors so I tested one color out but so far it looks like a really pretty color. That's about it. I'm going to start a bracelet custom order that I made the beads for last week and try to get that finished up but first I must make lunches and get the boys ready for bed.

TheBlueBetween
11-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Oh Claire, ouch!!! Hope it wasn't too hot either. Your holidays sound wonderful, but that one sounds cold. I'm still craving my deserted tropical island vacation.

Barrie, today you get your chair! Have you made a spot for it?

Dawn, how did the big lentils you were making come out?

Ah, a quiet day today - no school, I'm done with that parent class, I'll just give luke some math, spelling and reading today and then we are off to go find him some shoes, get his new blazer and pants altered, find some shoes and a dress for me... blah blah blah. I swear, never again, even if I have no use for it, I will always have an "appropriate" outfit hanging in my closet in my right size. I seriously have not had a reason to dress up in 8 years and have gone from size 4 to 14 and back to a 10 in that time. Nothing in my closet fits! Everything I bought last night looked awful once I tried it on at home (I tried the stuff on in the store, but not all together - pants first, ok, they work, tops after, ok, they fit. but then together, plus the sweater thing I thought would look good - nope.

claire.c
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi guys
Somehow I can't chat properly on FB, it just isn't the same! Seems that is the way the forum is going, anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

I'm feeling OK today, though the bruise is a little painful. My boss has agreed my holiday times so that is sorted, now need to book everything. Still undecided on places to stay, we're down to a choice of three http://lemaraisdesloups.free.fr/ or http://dpollet.pagesperso-orange.fr/ or http://www.chambre-dhote-chateau-beghin.com/ which are all in a suitable area and take dogs.

This evening I am going to break up a necklace which I bought on holiday at a vide grenier, it has some attractive mauve glass beads and silver plated pewter ones all strung in poor order on a nasty piece of plastic! I'll try to make something usable out of it, it only cost 1.00 so no great loss.

Barrie, I hope you are enjoying your new chair, will you be putting the old one on Craigslist?

Dawn, simple and effective is the way to go. Are you doing soft or boro atm?

Pam, buying clothes when you need them is always impossible. Classic cut black is always sensible to have around, are you going to have to have a coat too? I've been looking for a long clerical grey fitted wool coat for a couple of years, let me know if you find anything good!

Hope everyone else is OK, I'll go and wish Maggie a happy birthday on FB if I can work out how.

TheBlueBetween
11-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Claire, it's in Florida which is still very hot this time of year, so I'm trying to find summer dresses in a winter season up here which is next to impossible. PLUS, the PacNW is so casual.... it's really proving difficult. Frank had an easy time of it, he went to men's warehouse, they matched and fitted everything and told him what was right and what wasn't, made him look fantastic - great cuts that hid all his flaws... of course it was expensive? Still, I need the same treatment and I can't find it.

Good luck with your necklace - I'm sure you'll make it work! Pictures!!

Barrie
11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm with you Claire, the FB chat just isn't the same - too impersonal maybe? Or maybe just too many people we don't all know? Who knows! I'll stick to here as long as we're around.

Claire, beautiful places you're looking at - I think I like the last one best (very regal looking! lol). Hope the bead project works out! Unfortunately, my old chair is destined for destruction - it's falling apart and should have been disposed of ages ago.

Pam, don't you hate when that happens? Buy a bunch of things that look okay on their own but are a mess together. Hope you find a decent outfit without too much trouble.

Dawn, yay for new beads and glass! I love it when a simple custom order sparks inspiration - I'm hoping the custom orders I have waiting for me in the studio will spark some inspiration for me too.

Well, my chair is arriving sometime between noon and 4pm. I have to leave here for class at about 3:30, good thing Cody (youngest son) is home today. He gave his notice at work yesterday (he's worked at KFC for the past almost 3 years) and finally decided enough is enough. He put a resume in with a place where one of his buddies works, and got an interview immediately. His interview was at 8am this morning, and he aced it!! It's a production job in a factory, but it pays well, and he'll learn new skills - he's sooooo excited! He's even talking about moving out soon too - he's 20 so it's no surprise, and he does seem to have a plan, but time will tell. In the meantime, I'll just be happy for him! :) I'm off to get the kitchen tidied up, grab a quick shower then wander down to the studio to organize tonight's class stuff. Hope everyone has a great day! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
11-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Barrie, did you get your chair? Did you sleep in it?

Frank's dad passed away a bit ago. We will fly out Friday.

xoxo

claire.c
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi all
Long day at work, I had to stay late to sort out somebody else's problems. We got our crossing booked last night, still need to book the accommodation and vet. Leon is going for his rabies booster tomorrow. I've got a load of work to get done now so can't chat much, sorry.

Pam, I hope you found the perfect outfit, it is a stressful enough time without extra worries. Hugs all round.

Barrie, great news for your son, and good that he has taken the initiative and done it. Enjoy the chair.

Barrie
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Good morning!! I'm pleased to report my wonderful new chair is just as comfy in my living room as it was in the fancy store! :) The only problem I have now is that I don't want to get out of it!! :)

Pam, deepest condolences to you guys. Glad you found an outfit, I always find that to be a challenge.

Claire, hope Leon behaves for his booster! :)

Nothing new and exciting here today, still waiting to hear when our new dog will be heading our way. We want him NOW!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas! :) I have vowed to get into the studio today, so best get cracking and attempt to get some jewelry made. Have a great day all!!

TheBlueBetween
11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Claire, I got this one, but it's not the one I wanted, it's just the one that fit and was conservative enough without being businessy. (The last one I came home with I was told was too businessy.) This one needs a big feathery hat, doesn't it? LOL, it's so 80's.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3126283?origin=category&resultback=1725

I also have a Kalvin Klein shift dress coming in the mail today. Whatever. I just don't want to give his family anything to talk about - though I'm sure they will find something anyway, right? We booked a hotel because her house is full with the rest of them, and now they want us to cancel the hotel and come stay there, camp out. NO, I don't want to. But once one of them leaves and there is a room, they are going to make me.

TheBlueBetween
11-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Barrie, what's the story behind the dog? He is SO cute!

Dawnt0721
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Good morning!

Pam - ((HUGS)) to you and Frank and Luke. I like the dress!

Claire - bummer you had to work late because of someone else! And then go home and work! Nice that you've started the booking for your holiday though.

Barrie - congrats on the comfy chair! Our couches recline and I just love 'em! Heathcliff is very cute - I had to go searching to find his pic! Congrats to Cody on his new job!

:wave: everyone!

I'm back to work today. Didn't get nearly as much done over the weekend as I wanted but that's life I suppose. I don't know what I'm making these days! I just go with whatever I feel like at the time. Some days I just make beads to match clothes I have. I actually made a pinky purple frit set that sold the day I put it out at the store. But then I will see a boro pendant or bead and get the urge to pull the boro out again. I'm looking forward to my new torch - wish they would hurry up and call me.

Anyway, back to work for me.

Andee
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi all, and hugs to Pam, Frank and Luke!!

I'm at home sick - my herniated disc is playing up again, making me dizzy as hell. I'm spending my time on the sofa, watching sitcoms. Can hardly concentrate. Annoying. Have just been to physiotherapy, I hope it'll help soon. At least I can sleep in the next couple of days...

Not sure when I will be able to catch up, but I'm thinking of you all. :grouphug:

ValleyCreekStudio
11-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi all. Nothing new on my side of the world.

Pam, sorry to hear about Frank's dad. Hope the all goes well for you in Florida.

Barrie, how exciting about Cody's new job. Oh and your recliner and the precious dog. Your world seems to be spinning nicely.

Claire, glad you holiday was approved and you can look forward to a nice get away. I need one of those.

Andee, ugh on the disc acting up. Hope you feel better soon.

Barrie
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Happy Thursday all!! Not a lot going on here today. Cody is on final countdown to the old job (2 more shifts after today!). He's so excited about the new job, it's great to see! I'm loving the new chair - it's very posh compared to the old one! lol Still waiting to hear about the travel plans for the new dogs. I'm hoping it's soon! I feel like a little kid at Christmas! :) I'm off to spend the afternoon in the studio, lots of custom pieces to get cracking on!! Have a great day all! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
hiya peeps. just popping in as I wrap up some things. putting together a memorial album for them... so much I have to do...

:wave:

claire.c
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi all
Dancing was pretty good last night, my knee is still weak and I have to be careful. Today was the usual busy stuff, somehow I've been doing things without getting anything done, no idea how I manage this. I've got a couple of my old wicked fairy costumes out of the loft as someone has asked to borrow them, I don't usually like doing that but it is a friend of a very good friend (who is MD for the panto) so I'm making an exception.

We have booked our accommodation, we chose the ferme auberge because it has good walks on site and also does meals in the evenings. Being an a farm as well they have a lot of straw which they use for biofuel, and they breed rabbits which Leon is going to be thrilled about.

Pam, great dress choice, and something you can dress up for evening use afterwards. Hope you get to stay at the hotel, and not have to stay too long in total. Great idea making the album, those memento frames are good to so people can add little bits and pieces. Hope the journey goes well and the visit is as good as it can be under the circumstances.

Barrie, have you thought of a new name for Heathcliff yet? Leon was wonderful at the vets, he loves going there and stands up with his paws on the desk to say hello!

Dawn, congrats on the new torch, when will you get time to play?

Andee, rotten that your neck is playing up again, I wish there was something they could do to stop it permanently. At least you get a few days off, hope you find something amusing to watch.

Gwen, it must be hard getting holiday time with all the menagerie to care for. I've lost track of what you have now, the three amigos and who else?

Barrie
11-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Good afternoon!! It's a sunny Sunday afternoon here today. We're having Mark and his new (sort of) girlfriend over for dinner tonight. Yup, he kind of has a new girl in his life, although he's very careful to say it's not serious, that they're taking things very slow, and most importantly they're building a friendship first. And Freya DELIGHTS in telling me she saw Daddy kissing Brittany on the lips!! *gasp* ROFL It's so nice to see him so happy, and that Freya likes this girl is an added bonus. Oh and another nice thing is that all my kids have known her for about 8 years, she went to school with them, has lived in the area all along, etc. So she's definitely not a stranger.

Other news, got a new prescription for eye glasses. I think I've stumbled upon the reason I've been avoiding my studio for so long. The dollar store magnifier reading glasses are NOT a good substitute for the real things!! I was in there on Friday night until 2am, and was amazed at how comfortably my eyes were. Lesson learned, and now I can hopefully spend more time in there creating and less time feeling guilty! :)

Pam, hope your little impromptu trip isn't too awful.

Claire, glad you're dancing again, even if you have to take it a bit easy.

Andee, hope you had a quiet relatively enjoyable weekend. Hope youre neck is better!

Dawn, how's the new torch working out for you?!

Gwen, hope you're having a great day too! :)

:wave: to all that pass by. If you're not on Rita's facebook, her granddaughter Cassie had surgery the other day, had a few problems but is getting better by the day - best wishes to their entire family!! That little girls is quite the trooper!

Well, off to the studio for the afternoon - I have a bunch of custom stuff that is haunting me!! hope you all have a great day!! Tomorrow is time to start a new weekly WIA - hope we can keep it rolling! :) Cheers!