GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: sunday prowl
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Photograph
Surface: Computer
Dimension: digital--varies
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Early Sunday morning, Haymarket Square, Boston. A color photograph enhanced in PS 7.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
In this piece and others similar in style I try to maintain references to real world objects: figures, architecture, a sense of place, etc., yet in manipulating these elements by altering their colors, focus, lights and darks, etc., I hope to move the viewer into a realm where nothing actually is as it seems to be--something like in a dream that's so close to reality that you can tell if you're awake or asleep.

Questions? Does it work?

bnoonan
12-07-2002, 09:58 PM
First off I have to say it's a great photo. I immediately recognized the setting as I am originally from Mass. and walked with particular corner 2 weeks ago.

I love it, but would the sky be blue in this particular dream? If it were even more dramatically different, could the piece be more powerful? I'll leave that up to you.

Composition is great and I like the way the man anchors you into the piece and brings you back in again. The 3 verticals _ man/tree/lamp post.

Don't you love having the ability to manipulate photos on the computer?

Keep them coming.

Barb

jerryW
12-08-2002, 05:05 AM
bright fun and kind of silly,
the colors fit together in an exciting way

anthony mauve
12-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Thanks folks. We moved to Cape Cod in '97 from the East Bay--Albany. You're in San Francisco? My favorite city--miss it!

regards,
anthony