PDA

View Full Version : Cat Sketches in Graphitints used dry

robertsloan2
10-30-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2010/70184-Cats-Page-49-Oct-Sketchbook.jpg
Cats - Page 49 of October Sketchbook Challenge
8 1/2" x 11"
Derwent Graphitint used dry
Pentalic Nature Sketch 130lb heavy cream drawing paper
Photo references for Prissy and Tabby by Zenica

kate252
10-30-2010, 03:31 PM
howdy- i saw you the other day- on that cafe or creative room- i saw you somewhere- you like writing dont you- write novels and that
these kittens are cute- but they dont stay stil for long do they? they stay still for hours but when you try and draw them ive noticed they start moving
i think they do it deliberately

kate252
10-30-2010, 03:41 PM
i read a bit of your blog as you included th links
how about miniatures for your sketch book?
and how about this- a theme every week? jjust something to help you along-
make them big themes- such as buildings,
steam (steam engines/trains)
urban city scapes
accidental still lifes- that is still lifes that you come accross and are not arranged
run out of ideas now- but you get the jist

ill read your blog and boost you on- its a challenge i woldnt take on thats for sure

was going to do something similar and draw as many buildings in my home town which has lots of buildings- but the idea is as far as i got

jennaboo88
10-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Great work, Robert, as always! I really like the one in the lower left corner. Such timid, wide eyes.

ArtsyBren
10-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Robert, these are very good...you really are good at capturing their natural poses...I can't do that with cats or dogs...they end up glaring at me and leaving in a huff...:rolleyes:

Max Whitten
10-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Cute Cats; well done.

SparrowHawk7
10-31-2010, 06:39 AM
I've seen my guys show all those poses. :) The only suggestion I would make is when drawing whiskers, make some cross and not fan out in parallel lines.