PDA

View Full Version : Ella Playing

Paintonbrush
12-05-2002, 08:21 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-05-2002/4969_ellafinsihed.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-05-2002/4969_ellafinishclose.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ella Playing
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 14x11
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I just dont know

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything, do you?

coulter
12-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush
just dont know

anything, do you?

I know what I like!!

How come everytime I open one of yours I'm going ooooo ahhhhhhh :D

This one is all sweetness and light and dark. No nits just wonderment!

Mark

artbabe21
12-06-2002, 12:38 AM
Gorgeous!!!!!! That crop is to die for!
I see masters written all over it and can I think of which one?

Your brushwork is SO admirable....

and it's PINK!

jerryW
12-06-2002, 08:33 AM
the rembrandt-y dark bkgnd with light breaking in supports from below {most significant that since usually the base lines are a bit high} and above.

the pink device of the hat (significantly echoed below in sleeve and trailing to edge lower left you normally are good with this) gives it a lot of punch. and the even mannered finish to the toys or boxes skin and face (a skill that is often subdued in favour of a colordance)

all work very well together.

no battle for equal rights to all colors in this. (accordingly the blue is not yelling for more real estate)
no chaotic brush all over to quell the concerns. (but the detail reveals your signature application-nice)

this is a from the heart amalgam of your abilities and your sense of composition - and it is peaceful and beautiful.

Antonella
12-06-2002, 09:34 AM
very prettoy and gogreous colours. I'm not sure about the upper left background though

giniaad
12-06-2002, 10:14 AM
one of my favs to date...
I think you just jumped up another level...
lovely!
endearing...
classic...

Paintonbrush
12-06-2002, 10:16 AM
Have any of you clicked on a red present yet?
Where are they?

I was curious as to what you would think of this as I felt different as I attack said pallett with this one. She would not sit still for one second (she is one in the same Ella of Blue Hat Ella) and the blur and no light was what I had to work with. my memorex worked a little over time.

Antonella- tis the light shining and I cannot leave yellow/ochre out of the mix..the light source was from there so a little indication was what I was going for. if you come up with any resolve I would like to hear.

Jerry-more words I would like to use, if you dont mind, somewhere some time as they are strung along like christmas lights so fun to watch twinkle. Thank you. I have to applaud my support group here.

Cathleen-such inspiration from YOU to do children. I realize that I must. The public may want martini-thank you for your always kind help.

Mark-I hope I keep pleasing when you open the present.
that brings me back to,
Where are the red presents?

Andrew
12-06-2002, 01:37 PM
I can't say it any better than Jerry! I could see this on my wall ( or rather, I would like to see it on my wall).

It would be neat to see this pose done again, but with the face and arm rendered in more detail, but keeping the brushy-ness of the background and dress. It would have a more romatisized look. The same picture with a totally different feel.

Andrew

orchidlover6
12-06-2002, 02:46 PM
I love this one! I concur it reminds me of a Rembrandt. The only thing that distracts me a bit is the lighting on the trunk (?) she's playing with. It seems a bit dull compared to the wonderful colors used through out the rest of the painting.

Cap
12-06-2002, 05:08 PM
I love the strong brushstrokes.

Wayne Gaudon
12-06-2002, 05:26 PM
This is lovely .. my stuid IP has been down since yesterday so I am playing catchup .. had a brief look at work this am but it's month end so I did one post and had to scamper off to work.

Great piece.