PDA

View Full Version : Slice and Grapes

Fagan
12-04-2002, 06:02 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-04-2002/2383_slice_and_grapes.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-04-2002/2383_slice_and_grapes_close.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Slice and Grapes
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24in by 36in
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
acrylic on canvas

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
a different view of a lemon slice and grapes. Does this work or not?

Paintonbrush
12-04-2002, 06:20 PM
I bet you dream in color....lol....
lemon is my fav, the grapes too, the scene out the window makes it interesting,
now, the blue blanket, something about it..
how do you feel about that blanket?

Fagan
12-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Thank you Paintonbrushers....*GRIN*....I am open for suggestions on the blue cloth. I had thought of doing a tapestry type of material.

Gavinart
12-04-2002, 06:53 PM
I too would change the intensity of the cloth. It competes with the grapes (well rendered with color and value.)

I'm not quite sure where the light source is coming from, if it's coming through the window, the side facing it should be the lightest; as should the blue cloth triangle closest to it. The grapes could be less centralized.

Don't mean to tear it apart.

I really like the outdoor motif. was this from life; or memory. Feels very California.

Fagan
12-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Gavin...thank you for taking time to point out a few things. You are right...I looked again and the lemon part closest to the window is almost pure white. The triangle of cloth will be lighter.
Not much I can do about the location of the grapes though. This is a conglomeration of ideas...but from my head not location.

jerryW
12-04-2002, 07:13 PM
where
prithee
are the mountains?

Murals By Aga
12-04-2002, 09:21 PM
The lemon looks a little "grainy" to me. But, hey, that could be just me.

Fagan
12-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Jerry...prithee? *LOL*

Murals by Aga.....grainy?

HSargent
12-05-2002, 12:22 AM
I just completed a still life with some lemons and your colors are more interesting than mine.

The grapes are also interesting combination of colors.

I also like the sky presentation.

The archway might have a perspective problem but it doesn't distract from the composition.

Fun to look at!:p

allanom
12-05-2002, 12:38 AM
This is funny and surreal and such a wonderful addition to your series. Wouldn't change a thing about it.. perfect as is, IMHO. The grapes are so... grapey; the lemon wedge so.. Magritte..

Joi
12-05-2002, 01:29 AM
Juicey enough to eat :)

Fagan
12-05-2002, 05:16 AM
Hsargent...thank you for commenting! Yes, there is a lot of color that is not showing in the grapes.

Allanom...thank you! This is exactly what I was going for....I wanted a surreal feel to this painting.

Joi...*GRIN* makes you pucker?

Wayne Gaudon
12-05-2002, 08:47 AM
the objects seem to be falling but the colors are exceptional.

giniaad
12-05-2002, 10:25 AM
I like allan's responce best...
the only thing I would do, though....
(if it were mine)
is show those tiny suculant sections of the lemon
you know...those little sacks of juice in a slice
a bit better...since it is so close, one could see them...

really love the concept
and so well done!
colors work well for the concept, I think...

Fagan
12-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Wayne...thanks for looking and commenting. Yes...they are falling.

Ginia...yes! you are right! I will open up another lemon and try to get that effect. We had salmon last night because I had the lemons out painting. *LOL*

artinoils
12-06-2002, 12:55 AM
Imaginative composition...love your style.:D
I find myself entering from bottom....onto cloth of fruit....which takes me flying out of picture to top right...maybe before I should leave:eek: