GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ile de Rey
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 24x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A painting in watercolor on arches cold pressed paper.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
For your observations and comments. Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated

Wayne Gaudon
12-04-2002, 10:29 AM
I like this .. soft impressions of a gentle time
.. can read the signature but still have no idea who owns the signature :D

Naris
12-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Some lovely elements here, nice warmth in the colours. The composition would improve with less hill, more sky and water. I would intensify the colours too. I tried to manipulate it some but I'm not a very accomplished digital manipulator...

Miltz
12-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Hi, welcome to Wet Canvas!
My only comment concernes the location of the building and the top of the hill, just at the horizon line. You could achieve more depth by varying this arrangement, either higher or lower. I would love to play with this a bit, but I am working, perhaps this evening?
Nice overall, the building edges are a bit hard in contrast to those in the sailboats, which I think are your focus here, a little more of the feel of lght striking like you have in the boats would be nice in other areas, but watercolor is pretty unforgiving in that respect.

Alan Cross
12-04-2002, 03:30 PM
I like this but am a little confused with the light....the light shadows say sun in the forground but the light in the background sky says setting sun.....not sure which is right...
Alan :)