PDA

View Full Version : WIA Tuesday 26th October 2010

claire.c
10-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi guys, sorry to be MIA, it's hectic here. I have rehearsals every night and we open on Thursday, I'm still polishing lines. Not just me, most of us are struggling on this one. We had some bad news at work today, the Technical Director at one of the companies I work for has been found dead, probably heart attack but they aren't sure, he was 55 and lived alone. It is going to mean some big changes as he was a vital part of the business. We are all very upset, and I am wondering how I will manage the play tonight as there is a death in it and it might be a bit too close to home for me.

Barrie, what a nightmare. I hope that woman pays her invoice on time or you will have something to say to her. What was she going to do with it that instant that was so important anyway? Not on your vendor list again that's for definite. I'd report the incompetent instructor to ArtClay too, do you get instructors to fill in insurance cover details on their registration forms? Looks like it all worked out in the end, but it seems every year brings a new set of problems.

Pam, poor Frank, his family are just the pits aren't they. OK, his Dad might not recognise him or whatever but that's not the point, he should have the chance to be there. I think you are right to send your grandmother flowers, dementia sufferers work out their own logic for why things are happening and many of them are happy to have birthdays or Christmas every day.

Dawn, sounds like your weekend was a huge success. I need to get Leon's rabies vaccination done soon, no foreign holidays without it.

TheBlueBetween
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh Claire, I'm so sorry. HUGS and good luck getting through the play tonight - is there ANY way you can get out of it???

Barrie, WOW! NOW TELL ME YOU PICKED A DATE THAT WASN'T LUKE'S BIRTHDAY?!?!?! LOL

Andee
10-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi all, it sounds like every single one of you could do with a big hug, and that includes family, so: :grouphug:

Too tired for replying individually again, sorry. I'm bored out of my mind, but oh so tired. Why the job suddenly turned to boring? Because right now I have nothing to do. At all. The only task I have right now is that survey, and management decided that we would participate in the corporate survey rather than doing our own this year, so all I have to do is delivering customer data. For which of course I need input, and that's what I'm waiting for right now. Folks have a deadline of Nov 7, my deadline is Dec 1, so between these two dates I will be going crazy with work and be completely stressed, but until Nov 7 - not so much. Unless something new pops up, of course. And the not-getting-anything-finished before my boss came back from her vacation was because there were decisions to be made etc which I could not do on my own. Once she was back things got decided, so I could inform my contacts (some of which I didn't even know until then, I mean, there were no names yet), and now I'm waiting... Does that make sense?

I'll have a long weekend, I so hope I will be able to catch up a little then. :wave:

Dawnt0721
10-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Good morning!

Pam - is Frank going to go see his dad? That would be a rough trip with him being in pain still. Poor guy.

Claire - so sorry to hear about your co-worker. DH went through something similar recently. One of his co-workers died of brain cancer at a very young age with a young family. I hope the play isn't too hard with all that.

Barrie - WOW...just WOW! I would have been shaking too! I'm not sure I could've stayed that calm either. You did good! So glad Sunday was better.

:wave: everyone!

Well the vet visit went well yesterday. Bear has dropped 22 pounds since his last visit which is good but he can't lose anymore weight. I've started separating them at mealtimes so Bella doesn't get hold of any of his food. He's on the low end of healthy weight and Bella is on the high end but both are good. Bear's teeth are a little icky so I'm going to try to brush them :rolleyes:. I was SO embarrassed because they were both in dire need of brushing and left hair ALL over the vet. So I spent an hour this morning cleaning up Bear and I'll make DH bathe him tonight and trim his backside. Have to take care of Bella another day. She's SO hard to brush. She has the mattiest hair ever.

Bout time to light the torch. I'm expecting my good 96 clear today - the Kugler that Val recommends. I'm not real impressed with the customer service at HotGlassColor.com though. I called yesterday to make sure it shipped since UPS hadn't updated their site with shipping info and she was less than willing to do anything but wait and see if it arrives. But UPS says it's out for delivery today so thank goodness I don't have to wait it out.
:grouphug:

Dawnt0721
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi Andee! Well boring is quite the change for you! How's the new commute?

Does anyone here know how long it takes to ship from Germany to the US? I have a package mailed on the 21st and just wondering when to expect it.

Andee
10-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Dawn, whenever I shipped something it didn't take longer than 1 week.
The commute is annoying. Most of it is the same as before, but I have a long walk through not-so-nice places, some of which don't even have street lights. It takes about 7 minutes and a year in nerves to walk there... ;)

Dawnt0721
10-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks Andee. That sounds like a freaky walk! Do you carry mace or something?

Barrie
10-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi all!!
Claire, I'm so sorry about your coworker!! You'll be okay through the play, I'm sure - you're so professional. But we'll be thinking about you and helping you stay strong!

Pam - Sept 30, Oct 1 & 2. NOT Luke's birthday! LOL How's Frank holding up today? Poor guy - you both have had enough lately!!

Dawn, glad the vet visit went well, too funny about the grooming - I'd do that!! LOL Forget to do the clean up before going to the vet! Glad they're doing well though!! Happy torching!

Andee - weird - you're bored!?!?!? That is just odd!! Definitely a big change for you!

Pretty quiet day here today - though still kind of hectic. We're sorting through the show stuff and my class stuff. I'll try to get a pic of my show treasures (amethyst and moonstone beads, and some druzy beads), and some show pics too. But I have a class tonight - it's a tough group tonight, and I don't know why, but we'll get through it!! Hope you all have a fantastic evening!! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
oh fantastic, Barrie! I'm going to do it, I am!!! (sure hope I don't have to eat those words!!)

Frank is ok, he's used to the way his family is... it hurts him but he gets over it. As his sister said to him (and this made me want to scream because he was asking HER to keep him more in the loop, so I thought her response was extra rude) "How long have you been in this family, Frank? 40 something years? You know how this family works - it's not going to change." She couldn't just say she'd keep him more in the loop???) He's sad, of course, but after all his dad has been through these many years, it will be a blessing when his suffering ends.

Andee, ENJOY your boredom! LOL That's not a horrible problem to have ;)

Dawn, I took Zoe to get washed and I was embarrassed, LOL - she hadn't been in forever and the lady took one look at her and suggested the grime buster soap.