PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Pastel Forum Art Projects!

KarenU
12-03-2002, 12:30 PM
It's been requested, and I think it's a fabulous idea, to have a monthly Pastel Forum Art Project. Personally, I've participated in a number of different projects here at Wet Canvas. I've grown as an artist as a result of those projects. I've attempted subject matter that I would never have considered doing on my own. I've tried techniques and mediums that I never would have thought of. If you've never been involved in a Wet Canvas project please give consideration to joining one of ours in the Pastel Forum.

This month, I'll be starting and running the project. However, in future months, I would really appreciate any volunteers who would like to set up and run the monthly. I would be happy to help in picking themes and/or photo references for the future monthly projects, or we can even set up a poll in advance to let forum members vote on what the monthly project should be! :D

For a little teaser....the project that I am setting up for December will be called:

Interpreting the Historical: The Filoli Estate

Please bare with me as this is the first project that I've set up and I've a bit to learn about how to do it. I'm hoping within the next day or so to have it up and running. Stay tuned for details! :D

KarenU
12-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Well...that was a little easier than I had anticipated. I'm just waiting for a moderator to approve the project (assuming I haven't totally screwed it up! :D )and we'll be on our way.

There should be a new thread that gets started in the forum once the project is approved.

Dark_Shades
12-03-2002, 02:42 PM
wooooo hooooooo ..... am I first to join up :D ..... wheres the dotted line to sign
.... oooooo eck..... I just saw what it was called :eek: woz that then :D

Karen if I can help in anyway (which I doubt hee hee) let me know

Jakeally
12-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades
wooooo hooooooo ..... am I first to join up :D ..... wheres the dotted line to sign
.... oooooo eck..... I just saw what it was called :eek: woz that then :D

Karen if I can help in anyway (which I doubt hee hee) let me know I'm in too.....even though I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about GF:D :D :clap: :clap:

llis
12-03-2002, 06:13 PM
meeeee toooooo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bnoonan
12-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Count me in. I've driven and walked by the Filoli Estate but never got inside.

Can't wait to hear the details.

Barb

sundiver
12-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Count me in! Not sure when I can get to it, but I have my image picked out already.
I think monthly projects are a great idea and would be glad to help out and/or set one up sometime.

KarenU
12-03-2002, 07:09 PM
I'm excited....lots of you are signing up! :D Barb...to sign up for the project, click on the link below for info:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74929