PDA

View Full Version : North Queensferry Harbour Fife Scotland

tadams
12-02-2002, 03:08 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-02-2002/16127_North_Queensferry.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: North Queensferry Harbour Fife Scotland
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 14x18 Inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is the first picture in a series which formed my latest exhibition of all the harbours between the two rail bridges that connect Fife.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments welcomed with regard to technique colour composition and aesthetic appearnce I am look for any comments good or bad as all will help me develop Thanking you in anticipation

madmum
12-02-2002, 03:41 PM
This looks like a good representation of a very impressive landmark. I'm trying to orientate myself, having been in North Queensferry in the summer (I painted a view of one of the harbours, but without the bridge). I like the high viewpoint (climbed that hill too!)

I'd be interested to see more in this series :)

Ruth

jerryW
12-02-2002, 03:42 PM
a delicious blending of webs layers nature and engineering
all those dark light triangles in the bridge
all those lovely dark triangled roofs below.
interpenetrating landforms and skyforms.
nice

Naris
12-02-2002, 04:14 PM
I like the bridge, I like the houses. But I wouldn't want to live their! Reminds me a bit of a really creepy bridge near New Orleans, Huey P. Long I think.
Dark and ominous. That bridge looks like it could eat the houses down below. Is it as close as it seems?

madmum
12-02-2002, 05:20 PM
Narista, I was shocked when I was there to see a house built directly underneath the bridge, right next to signs warning that if anything dropped on you from the bridge, the authorities accepted no liability! :eek:

Ruth

tadams
12-03-2002, 06:28 PM
Thank you for all your comments, for those who have not been to Fife you might like to know that the light up here from a painters point of view is spectacular and each of the harbours around the beggars mantle has something different to offer, please feel free to see the 22 I have painted on my website.
Once again thanks your views are appreciated.