PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 10/24-10/30

noodle1
10-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

New week to begin....coffee, juice, waffles and sausage this morning.

Hi Shirl, Howard, Carol, Robert, EP, Kathie, Ruthie, Patti, Kathrin, Raymo my man, Mary, Sue, Linda, Bell, Oz...rise and shine or not..haha

Just have a wonderful Sunday, rest, relax and enjoy the day. I will see ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Good morning all!

I actually got seven hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. Highly irregular for me. I was able to start on a new over-the-counter medication to relieve pain. Much to my surprise it is actually working. I had no reason to get up in the middle of the night.

The weather here is absolutely delightful. Compared to the cold weather of New England, the more temperate weather of South Carolina seems most agreeable. the daytime temperatures in the upper 70s while the nighttime temperatures to more likely to be in the 50s. I am back into my shorts again, thank goodness. The last few days the skies have been pretty clear blue with not a single cloud.

I am really quite ready to be home. I can hear the studio calling from here. Time to get back to work, my real work.

I have been seriously considering a shed. Unfortunately the shed that I think will work the best is not in keeping with the style of the rest of my home. The Florida style block construction and low roof lines is not compatible with the high peak profile of the shed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2010/36241-shed.jpg

This is the shed that I really like. It measures about 18' x 24' and is high enough to have a little loft/storage area. A great place for storage. With a little bit of insulation and electric lines run to it, it would make a great place to have a studio.

Ozone
10-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Morning all, and those yet to come,

I could do some coffee and juice Elaine, must pass on the waffles tho. I feel like the Pillsbury dough boy when you tickle me in the morning. Haha. http://10minutesofbrilliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Dough-Boy.jpg

That is a great looking shed Howard, like to have one of those myself. I like the eves all round, the dormer, and double set of doors. If you still have access to that Hendrix guitar, maybe you could get a do over, your holding it upside down.

http://www.beembee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/jimi-hendrix.jpg

Kathrin :heart: how many fingers am I holding up? Rightttttt, haha.

Oz:)

Shirl Parker
10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Afternoon, Elaine and you other dudes and dudettes.

Nothing different today except Burger King for breakfast for a change. I think this is doggy day eleven????

OkeeKat
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Hello all!!
Ran around with Joe today, and kids arriving later for dinner.
finaly got a decent photo of my latest Member of my Herd, to post soon.
Hi Elaine, Hope you have a great day!
Great shed, Howard, Would love to have my own studio like that. someday, Joe's going to build an area off the sparerooms inback of the carport area, doubt will be soon though.. I envy you!
Hi Oz,Shirl!
hi and hugs to everyone else out there!!
Happy a great day!!

idylbrush
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Oh Kathie, don't envy me, I haven't gotten it. Still trying to decide if it will work with the house and then how to afford it.

Had a somewhat interesting day, not a great one but interesting.

Thinking spaghetti pie for dinner tonight. Not quite sure about it yet but it is appealing to me.

Kathrin G.
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Quick Hello from me :wave:
My eyes are doing great :D ..... oh the pleasure of it all :heart: Sight still not perfect, but it will take up to a month, so I got to be patient. Far distance sight is amazingly clear already tho .... oh I love it :D

Missing you l, but hoping to be back more regular soon now. Hugs to you all :grouphug: :heart: :wave:

eyepaint
10-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Howard I love the look of this shed. Agree that it's a different "look" than what I've seen of your home. But I think it would look lovely in your garden and I think it would make a fantastic studio. Throw open those large doors and have at it!

noodle1
10-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hiya Shirl, day 12, well ya know counting them is like the watched pot that never boils..haha hope it's a good one dear friend.

Howard I love the look of that shed and I don't think it would be all that out of place at all. Surely would make a great separate studio. They're expensive round here and if it I could I would definitely love something like that. But I'd have to fight Larry for the space...haha

Morning Kathie, EP, Carol you must be very busy you're so quiet hope all is well, hi Kathrin my sweet hurray for the eyes getting better by the day :heart:
Hi Robert, Patti, Ruthie, Mary, Sue if you peekin' in, Raymo my man good morning, Bell, Oz, all the gang.

Took Willie out at 6am and it was so foggy out, but the tree line in the back was really pretty, light just coming up and no didn't have my camera with me darn. Need to get a smaller one I can pop in my pocket. Nothing much planned for today, possibly going shopping with my daughter, her day off but
if not lots to clean up round here, Larry been home for four days...LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone I'll see you all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2010/36241-leaves.jpg

More derned leaves....

This image has not been altered but in fact is as it was taken.

Shirl Parker
10-25-2010, 11:27 AM
:eek: Tropical Storm Richard :eek:

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/hurricane_richard_5-day_track.html

OkeeKat
10-25-2010, 12:03 PM
G'Morning all!!
Howard, I think it would be a great shed, I love all the windows, I hope its not too exensive, I would just love to have my own little studio someday!
I just love your fall trees, the colors are amazing!
Kathrin, YEAH! Glad to hear the eyes are doing great!! little by little I hope it continues to improve.
Shirl, hope you dont get any of Richard, might just pass over mexico and not go up to texas! lets just hope.
Elaine, HOpe you have a great daywith your daughter, wish mine lived closer!Give willie a hug for me!

laundry day today and hope to work on my newest little calf.
Hi and hugs to everyone else out there lurking!
Later all!

PattiLou
10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Shirl I saw that on the news last night and thought about you, along with our other Texas friends. I hope it misses you.

Howard that is a beautiful tree! I like the shed you picked out too. Looks like it would make a great studio, charming too. It would fit on our lot but we have size restrictions, bummer.

Bell I thought about you also when I read an article in our newspaper about your commander. How wierd to see it in our little local paper.

Great news about your eyes Kathrin.

Elaine I know you been peeking in Different Strokes and there is still a few days left.:evil: Thank goodness there is still time 'cause I'm still working on mine.

Yesterday we had an invitation to dinner. My grandson wanted to go crabbing and they caught a bunch of blue crab. We helped them eat the catch. Oh yea, I didn't have to cook, that's always a plus.:D

Have to get ready for a board meeting.... or is that 'bored', lol.

dances_with_oils
10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Morning folks:

Well, winter has arrived here in Alberta. Woke up to about 3 inches of snow. I'm having a giggle right now as the news reports are having a duel over whether the farmers have had their crops ruined by the wet summer or there has been a bumper crop this year because of all the rain. *sigh* gotta love state funded stations.

My daughter had an accident over the weekend. She drove the RHIB (rigid hull inflatable boat) into some rocks and ran it aground . Her speed was 100km/h - 60mph for the non metric folks. She banged herself up pretty good and was lucky that the craft didn't sink. Her forward observer (which I think should be fired as he missed seeing the rocks) had minor injuries. She was very fortunate that she was able to do a hard port turn and collide with the rocks sideways (that creates buffer waves that slows the boat down and somewhat cushions the impact). I shiver over what might have happened if she hit the rocks head on. She banged up her knees and has a few more soft tissue damage around her neck and shoulders from trying to steer a hard port turn. Why can't I have a kid that's only risk of injury is breaking a heel on her shoe getting on the subway?...sheesh

Kathrin, glad to hear your eyes are getting better.

Howard nice pics and I love the shed... which btw would go perfect with my house's design...lol

Shrl, fingers crossed the hurricane gives you a miss.

Elaine, have fun shopping.

Patti, weird eh how some stories attract attention while others don't. I suspect the reason for coverage down in your neck of the wood are all the Canadian snowbirds that have left here for parts warm and sunny.

noodle1
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Shirl hearing it's slowed down and cool front moving faster so maybe only rain in far south Texas...I sure hope that's right.

Bell glad your daughter is alright for the most part, minor injuries not so good but way better then major ones.

Just came in for a quickie...Nite Nite Raymo my man...LOL LOL see I haven't forgotten ya...haha

And Good night to everyone else too, I'm heading for some homemade apple pie, cup of tea and a movie..have a good rest of your day. See ya tomorrow.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

biddlebeach
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi!
Howard,, love that shed! heck, paint it faded blue or something,, it will match just fine!

been in a bit of a funk,, not sure if I am out of it yet or not,, after I make my car payment, I might feel better, but this week has to REALLY improve in order for that to happen.. ugh,,

Shirl Parker
10-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks Elaine, looks that way.

RPut
10-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh Bell, how scary! I hope she is feeling okay!

How are the eyes Kathrin?

The wind is a howling here and interesting weather is suppose to be on the way, sigh....

Baby Sean is doing well. Today he was to get 3 bottles. Tomorrow he gets to move out of his little "house" (incubator) into a bassinet crib. I think it will still be awhile before he gets to come home, but he's getting closer. He is up to 5.3 pounds and looking good!

dances_with_oils
10-26-2010, 02:07 AM
We're getting more snow... wind is way up too and it's quite creepy sounding.

Yay for baby Sean! Is his liver functioning well? My kid was a wee thing when she was born and her liver needed some extra help with a UV light. Hope he gets home soon.

I'm heading off to Edmonton for the weekend, going to do some shopping (art, beading, hides/leather supplies) and maybe see a movie and visit with some friends.

Thanks for thinking of the kid, I'm a little worried that she's back at sea (ship sailed today for a week) as she won't get a chance to see a physio terrorist or massage therapist to get some of those sore tissues worked on. She's due to go on a course in early Nov which is quite physically demanding -hope her knee is better then.

Been sketching like crazy and I now have enough ideas to see me through the winter of painting....lol Now to get the studio finished.

Lady Carol
10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Husband is getting his 3D TV delivered today :rolleyes:

noodle1
10-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Shirl glad I heard right. Raining and very foggy here this morning and I'm feeling very lazy and alone, hmm so good...haha Hope you have a good day cutie.

Hi Carol...oooh how cool! So now then what do you get..LOL

Hi Bell snow, yikes I know it's coming just don't like thinking about it..haha
Your weekend sounds like fun, good for you, have fun.

Good Morning as well to Howard, Robert, Ruthie, Mary, Sue, Kathrin, Patti yeah I've become a lurker not a doer..oh my that sounds familiar..LOL, hi there Raymo my man, EP, Linda, Kathie, Oz, all the gang.

Hubby back to work, he didn't sound all that happy bout it but I sure am..haha Just checking in to see how everyone is, now to go enjoy my day..haha I hope as well you all do too.

Big hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Carol...oooh how cool! So now then what do you get..LOL
Nutt'n. Having him shut up about the TV will be gift enough.

They just left. At this point do not see what is so good about this one versus our last TV. The last one was only 2 yr old but he never liked the colours and spent innumerable hours adjusting the TV, never really being happy and constantly griping about it. To make him shut up, I agreed he could get another one.

Shirl Parker
10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Good morning Elaine.

"Tropical Depression Richard is fizzling out"

That's the NOLA headline for today. Oh, oh, breaks my heart. NOT. These people where I'm dogsitting have so much stuff outside that has to be wrangled to safety for a storm, there's no way I could have done it. And my patio stuff, which I just brought back outside last cleaning day...well, to say the least I'm relieved.

Bell, it's so weird, you are getting up to your tookus in snow and our temp for today is forecast to 93F. And we are in the same time zone and hemisphere.

Lady Carol
10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Bell, it's so weird, you are getting up to your tookus in snow and our temp for today is forecast to 93F. And we are in the same time zone and hemisphere.
That may be the case but latitude is the all important factor here.

dances_with_oils
10-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Morning folks:

More snow overnight... now these are the prairies and it's *supposed* to be a drier place than say swampy Trenton Ont, all I've heard since we got here is how dry the winters are...snow is just powder, no slush getting stuck in Branwen's paws/coat to worry about etc etc...so what do you think the snow conditions are? ... Yup, wet as can be, slush up to Branwen's shoulders, wet feet and heavy snow to shovel... liars...lol

I got told the summers rarely got hot or muggy/humid but trying to unpack in July when the humidex was at 80% was not what I consider rarely humid... now the snow stories... I think the folks here just say that stuff to fool the out of townies... just like Newfoundlanders tell folks about kissing the cod and Yukoners tell folks about moose nose. LOL

I'm off to go find warmer woolies and heavier socks.

Shirl, our latitude is about 52 degrees and about 2265ft in elevation. Three more degrees and we would have got northern living allowances. lol

Shirl Parker
10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Yep, besides the latitude, you've got 2240ish feet on us.

idylbrush
10-26-2010, 06:30 PM
What a lovely day in Charleston South Carolina. Got started early today, made it over to a whole foods market. Picked up a few necessities, things like sugar-free jelly, sesame sticks, shampoo… mostly simple stuff. Got back to the fairgrounds and have been running ever since.

The rains last night were torrential at one point there was a small lake just outside the trailer. By this morning it had all been absorbed into the ground. Spent the afternoon working on paperwork and such. I was out I also bought a 1 TB hard drive with USB connection. It is the first USB connected hard drive I have ever had. It is a Seagate and I am assuming it's the same quality as the rest of the drugs. It is also extremely portable since it doesn't have a power supply other than the USB port.

Tonight is dinner with the marketing/PR director here. Very nice gentleman and his lovely wife. This gathering has been a 14 year tradition. One that I cherish.

I probably should've been out cleaning the truck today but you know what, it waits for me.

Watched the DVD of “the Prince of Persia/Sands of Time” it arrived yesterday and I was able to watch it last night. While it has not been critically acclaimed, I found it a very charming movie. I would watch it again in a heartbeat. Several weeks back I watched the “the water horse” and found that to be equally as charming.

noodle1
10-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Evening all,

Bell and Shirl my hubby would really like you guys, he tells me all the time I haven't got a clue as to "where" I am and ya know what he's right...haha Directions for me as well consist of three white houses down on the right and the fourth red one turn left etc... he's always saying go north three miles, etc., etc...okay so which way is north....roflol I do know but it makes him nuts....LOL But then that's why I bought a GPS...:D

Howard I saw that movie with Karlie when it came out. Prince of Persia was a game on one of my first Macs and she was young and we'd play all the time, killing him off in no time..LOL When it came out she said we had to go see it for old times sakes..lol I thought it was charming and fun, every once in awhile they're the best kind. Enjoy dinner!

Well just saying good evening and of course Nite Nite Raymo my man.:wave:
See ya all tomorrow.
Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
10-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Happy birthday Ruthie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2010/125378-ButterflyWreathSm_LKS.gif

Ozone
10-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Happy Birthday Ruthie

m3H6YE-40xg

Oz:)

Raymo
10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Happy Birthday to my Ruthie !!!

Raymo
10-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Ohhh....I gotta say goodnight to my woman Noodles !

OkeeKat
10-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Hello all!!
Been keeping busy, spend some time watching tv with Joe and then painting some after the went to bed! he's off to texas again tomorrow!

Happy Birthday RUTHIE!!!

Bell, so glad your daughter is ok!!
Hi and hugs to everyone else out there!
Going to try to start another painting tonight.
Later all!!
:wave:

objectivistartist
10-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Working on another faucet rendering :eek:... is the one outside the building, with siding above it and concrete around it, face-front, and with floral blooming in front of it [floral to be in color, some of it anyway] - called "Consequence" -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2010/44482-SDC105061.JPG

acrylic inks on 24"x18" canvas sheet...
[and is this landscape, or still life? - for the life of me, am never sure of stuff like this]

Shirl Parker
10-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Elaine, my car can always tell me which way is north, and now my iPad will too.

RPut
10-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Thank You Friends for the Birthday Greetings!! My day was okay......started out a bit grumpy with some issues at school, but I think I got things resolved for now anyway---until the kid that hit the other kid and gave him a bloody nose does it again.....

A visit to see Sean perked me up and then dinner out with my little family--probably the last time before Robbie leaves. Boy it seems like yesterday when they were babies like Sean and now they are grown up and ready to take on the world--well they think they are ready! Sean is in a regular bassinet crib and 4 bottles today! They don't let Julie hold him much tho---they want him to rest up between bottles.

OZ, my FAVORITE song and soooooo fitting for today! I finally turned on the heater and the fireplace to warm things up! Thanks Patti, Ray, Kathie and All!

Major wind here---they say we had gusts to 61 MPH this afternoon. Must have been right around the time I was doing a "ghost" activity with my kids and the lights were flickering--sure added to our ambiance! It's not suppose to let up till tomorrow eve. and snow is suppose to be in the mix too.

Thanks again for the BD shout outs!

dances_with_oils
10-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Happy Birthday Ruthie!

Make sure you get lots of pictures of the family together. Once we all left home, my mum considered it a good holiday when half of us made it home so complete family pics are rare.

We had our merit boards results today, I ended up just squeaking on to the list and hubby ended up at 50 out of 100 candidates (not bad for a fourth year in rank - apparently it's unheard of so we're quite proud of him).

It's windy and snowing here...Branwen is so not amused..lol

night all

noodle1
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Sorry I'm on the tail end here Ruthie but the wishes and hugs are on going.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Elaine

idylbrush
10-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry I missed your birthday Ruth. Hope it was a lot of fun and enjoyable.

Had a nice dinner last night. Home cooked. What a concept. A roast, mashed potatoes with butter, asparagus (roasted). A lovely salad of mixed greens, almonds, black berries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. First butter I have had since last April.

Another lovely day here in SC.

Hope everyone has a great day.

biddlebeach
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Robert! you amaze me with your art!

noodle1
10-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Again,

Good Morning Shirl!

Robert I wasn't going to forget to say how cool the start of that is looking.
Looking fantastic so far!

Howard Home cooked. What a concept. not a new one round here tho, I kind of like eating out..haha Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hi Mary, Patti, again Ruthie, Carol, EP, Linda, Sue, Oz, Bell, Raymo my man, Kathrin cutie, all the gang.

Still raining outside but it's 66 degrees..:eek: so not normal for this time of year round here, not really complaining but sure this roller coaster weather why so many are sick.

I called yesterday to get my High Speed connection contract re-done and this guy said there was a promo which would save me half of what I'm spending now, sounded good but to be really honest I could hardly understand him and it somehow didn't sound right but I couldn't get that across to him either...so he signed me up and I thought about it the rest of the day. Get this phone call from someone from Frontier asking me "why" I did it..haha he said, in English, all I had to do was "edit" my existing contract.
Seems I was being signed up as a new customer, after some 30 plus years..haha and since I had everything already the installing guys were confused...told him me too. All straightened out now but not saying people shouldn't work but would be nice if they could speak english ya know or at least have a better scope of what they are doing, my goodness.

Well yukky day and I'm going to go play with some watercolors, make myself crazy again with them but I'm a little bored with what I "seem" to be able to do..haha
Have a wonderful day everyone, be well, be safe and I will see you later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
sounded good but to be really honest I could hardly understand him and it somehow didn't sound right but I couldn't get that across to him either...

Did you get "Peggy" on the phone ? :lol:

Shirl Parker
10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Good morning Elaine. Howdy to the rest of you dudes as mentioned by Elaine above.

Another day at the dog ranch. Yesterday I woke up to discover I had missed a chance to see/meet Bill Clinton who was here in Brownsville. Today the excitement is an air conditioner that quit cooling. Now I have to dig around in the bottom of the ac closet to empty the water drain and see if that makes it work. ...... Yea! That did it.

idylbrush
10-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Did you get "Peggy" on the phone ? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crossfingers:

eyepaint
10-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I called yesterday to get my High Speed connection contract re-done and this guy said there was a promo which would save me half of what I'm spending now, sounded good but to be really honest I could hardly understand him and it somehow didn't sound right but I couldn't get that across to him either...so he signed me up and I thought about it the rest of the day.

Elaine - I know what you mean. I've had people call me from the bank and from the cable TV/internet company who speak too quickly with jargon and with accents AND with emPHAsis on different syllABles than I'm used to so I ask them to repeat themselves a few times. I got talked into a "sounds too good to be true" deal and when I saw the bill I had to call them ... but luckily got an easier-to-understand person to revert things. Aaah!

RPut
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2010/117502-K_Kids_2010-11_115.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Uploader/upload_image_save2.php#)

Nuff Said.......

dances_with_oils
10-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Welcome to my world Ruth... :D

Shirl Parker
10-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Bell, I guess we will be expecting fairly similar weather reports from you and Ruthie.

OkeeKat
10-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Hello all!!
long busy day today, glad its over.. off till monday, doc and wife going away tomorrow till tues, so not working tomorrow and covering for coworker on monday, so long wk next week but short one this.. now have my usual 4days off starting tomorrow!!
Ruthie, glad you had a good birthday and the family time together! Sorry to see the bad weather, hard to belive its winter already!!
Its hot and humid down here.. was cool in am and eveings here last wk but not tonight.. very humid.
I'll send up some sun for you!
Elaine, OMG I hate it when you get those folks that Can't speak english on the phone!! Its sooo annoying!
Raymo!!! :lol: Love it.. "Peggy on the phone!":lol:
Robert, great artwork!!
Howard, you make me hungary just listening to you! I hate to cook just for myself!
Hi and hugs to everyone else!
Later all!!

dances_with_oils
10-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Shrl, we'll be getting the weather just prior to Ruth... we're further west (we're over Montana). :) Down to 16F already.. ick

chammi kaiser
10-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Hi everybody. Battling with a broken left wrist. Broke it on the tennis court last week. Slipped on the wet white line. Ughhh but just a minor break. Luckily I am right-handed. Am off to England (Chester - one of my favourite towns in England). Will fly on my birthday 2nd November- present from my husband Pete. He will be there for four days on business. I am really excited as I will be meeting an old painting pal for sighhh!!!! Scones, jam, thick cream and lovely strong English cuppa tea!!!

noodle1
10-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Morning Shirl my girl...and Everyone,

Hi Chammi, oh dear I'm sorry to hear about your wrist glad not the right hand tho, enjoy your trip sounds lovely.

Morning Carol, Howard, Ruthie yes nough said..haha, Bell, Mary, Robert, Patti, Kathrin hope everything still improving by the minute, Oz, Kathie,
EP think that's what makes me blink, the "sounds too good to be true" part..LOL generally isn't..haha, okay who'd I miss, hopefully no one.

One of my grandson's birthday so making a cake today, we start the line of adults and kids now and go through til May, I'll be baking a lot..haha

Just saying hi, need to get my ars movin' this morning LOL I hope everyone has a good day. Oh and Raymo my man :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big hugs all round, see ya later,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
10-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Good morning drive by, Elaine, et al. Pack me up some of that cake, please.

Raymo
10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
One of my grandson's birthday so making a cake today

I will take a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting....do it !

eyepaint
10-28-2010, 04:20 PM
One of my grandson's birthday so making a cake today, we start the line of adults and kids now and go through til May, I'll be baking a lot..haha
Save some for me, please :)

biddlebeach
10-28-2010, 07:07 PM
mmmm Cake,, I NEED cake about now!

RPut
10-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Still waiting for this little guy to come home--hopefully SOON!!
He is up to 6 bottles and 5.10 pounds!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2010/117502-10281016441.jpg

biddlebeach
10-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Awe Ruthie! what a darling little guy!

dances_with_oils
10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Awww, love his chin dimple Ruth.

Go Sean Go!

biddlebeach
10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
So, I'm sitting here minding my own business, and turn to look at my girls, and this is what I find. Peanut is UNDER the blankie while Princess is ON it.
Gawd, they crack me up!

Raymo
10-28-2010, 08:32 PM
BigDog and BugBite used to sleep that way.

biddlebeach
10-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Ray,, I needed the giggle tonight.
Howya doing?

OkeeKat
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Hello all!!
Ruthie, ohhh Sean is adorable, so glad he's doing good with eating and his wt is up.. whats keeping him in still?? Hope he comes home soon!!
Mary, love it.. the girls look so cozy!!
saw a funny email today about why dogs hate halloween, funniest costumes, new ones I never saw last yr.:lol:

Did sell my little "Snug as a Bug" painting today!! So I'm very happy!!
same lady that I did a little calf commission last Oct for her.
Hello and hugs to everyone!!
back to the easel!

idylbrush
10-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Very busy day yesterday. Started at 4 AM and finished at 11:45 last night. Made for a long day.

Today will be much easier.

Weather has been wonderful the last few days and even with the threat of heavy rain, only got about 35 drops the entire day. Made for a wonderful day.

The up side is that I slept well last night with about 7 hours sleep.

Have to work on some mail stuff today, while I have the time.

noodle1
10-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Shirl, how's the doggie days going? Snagged ya a piece of cake, my family are cake hounds, got one for Mary too...Raymo will have to wait for his..teehee
cause he's gotta be special n all...geeeeze....haha Hi Raymo my man..:D

Mary cute photo, Willie lays on the cats..haha under the blanket, think tho it's cause he'd like em to go way...LOL

Hi Carol how's that new tv, is there really a difference and surely ya don't gotta be sitting there wearing those glasses do you.:eek: teasing.
Hi Howard, Robert, Bell, Kathie congrats on the sale, Kathrin how's it going cutie, thinking bout ya :heart:, hi Oz, Patti, Sue, EP, Linda, all the gang.

Ruthie he's such a beautiful little boy, he'll be home soon. I remember waiting for Lori too, they arrive early and they waste no time catching up believe me. Hugs.

Kind of grey this morning, very fallish, most of the trees have lost their leaves, actually they're all on my lawn..haha think everyone elses blew over here too...LOL Larry will have something to do this weekend. Halloween Sunday night, not thinking we'll have any kids tho, they all go to the parties at the different firehouses, which is actually a good thing I think, kind of miss seeing all the little cuties at the door tho. Bought some candy anyway just in case and maybe I'll make Larry get dressed up if he wants any...haha

Okay guess I should go it's one of those not too terribly serious bout anything days, more coffee and a plan that's what I need...haha

See ya all later,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
...Raymo will have to wait for his..teehee
cause he's gotta be special n all...geeeeze....haha Hi Raymo my man..:D

That's ok, just overnight it to me when you get it done. :evil:

OkeeKat
10-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Morning all!!
Thanks Elaine, Hope you have a great day.
Hi Ray! /gibbssmack.. geez that felt good havent done that in a while! :evil:
Howard, glad today is going to be easier for ya! Finaly another nites sleep, good for you! Florida is calling your name!!!
Hi and hugs to everyone else!
Went down to the local gallery/art/framing store and he's going to professionaly shoot all my cow paintings so I can get notecards and prints done.. he's now printing out canvas prints too.. so glad I wont have to travel all over creation to do that again.. and at cost.. yeah!

Going out to visit an artist(Abstract) friend, I did her "Sarge" portrait for her of their beloved dog. She's been working on a dog/scene mural at a vet/boarding place in town here and wont be able to finish it before she moves next week, so going to see whats left to be done and help her or finish it for her.

have a great day all!! Later!:wave:

PattiLou
10-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I will take a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting....do it !
Sounds good to me... I'll have a piece of cake when Elaine gets it baked.:lol:

Good Morning Everyone,
Bought some candy anyway just in case and maybe I'll make Larry get dressed up if he wants any...haha
Elaine
If he wants any what???? :evil: Sounds kinky to me.:D

I've been painting, and painting... all on the same canvas. Getting tired of it now... time to move on. If I can keep Jon from having to go here and there for shopping etc., and dragging me along, I might finish tomorrow. Geesh he wastes more time than I do and then he gets on the phone with a friend while we are setting in the parking lot and talks for 1/2 hour, while I sit there drumming my fingers.

biddlebeach
10-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Holy cow! how did it get to be Friday already? didnt have a great week. so, I wont go into it, but all will be fine, one of these days.. might not have to work tomorrow and I may very well hole myself up in the studio for the better part of the day!
oh,, and it snowed today! argh! nothing stuck, but, dang! we had rain, snow hail and sleet! geesh!

noodle1
10-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Shirl..how are ya today? What's the count down, I lost track, not much longer tho with the doggie sitting is it?

Oh Patti you are very bad....roflol not kinky at all I meant the "candy", kinks are long gone....LOL LOL You'll probably get the cake sooner then Raymo my man cause I have your address...haha

See Raymo my man if ya want to be demanding over night ya have to tell me where to send it otherwise no cakey flakey one...:D

Hi Kathie, that email was so funny, what people don't do to the poor dogs on Halloween. Willie just won't let me do a dang thing...:(

Hi Howard, Carol dressing up my little man Nigel as a "vampire" kitty for Halloween...LOL sorry couldn't resist, it's the little kisses that get ya..haha
Hi Ruthie, Mary ah yuk, sorry but keep it okay..teehee, Sue, EP, Linda,
Robert, Bell, Oz, Hi Kathrin my sweet how's it going?

Have to go out and buy pumpkins since mine didn't grow so well this year.
We're going to Lori's for a pumpkin carving evening, the bribe was Lasagna and wine...haha Karlie home for the weekend, we went to dinner last night together then shopping for a coat for her, always fun with that kid. She drove so me "miss daisey" had it made..haha I'm liking that they're growing up, Jess next for her licesnse but oh dear on that one...haha

Hope everyone has a great day, and a great weekend....see ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
10-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Good Morning Elaine, and Everyone.

Hi Shirl..how are ya today? What's the count down, I lost track, not much longer tho with the doggie sitting is it?...
Tonight will be the end of part 2 of this marathon, then I have 3 days to rest up before part 3 (Nov 3-6). At least for part 3 I get to stay at my own home and sleep in my own bed. At the moment, I feel like a Zombie.

Raymo
10-30-2010, 11:19 AM
If he wants any what???? :evil: Sounds kinky to me.:D

:clap:....oolala, I know where I'm going Trick or Treating....:lol:

Or is that Trick or Stalking ? :evil:

Raymo
10-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Ray,, I needed the giggle tonight.
Howya doing?

Well looky there, there's my girl Mary....:wave:

I'm doing fine. Kinda lost my mojo but I'll get it back someday.

Lady Carol
10-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi Carol how's that new tv, is there really a difference and surely ya don't gotta be sitting there wearing those glasses do you.:eek: teasing.
The TV looks so much better than the last one. OK I am sold. As for the 3D bit we have not tried that yet. That will be tonight's adventure. That will be if I survive the evening. We were out late last night and I get the feeling it will be an early night tonight. I am still tired. We met the cutest puppy last night. He is a yorkypoo, full of attitude and very very cute. I want to see how my boys respond to that fluff-ball of energy.

haha Nigel the vampire :thumbsup:

Ruthie how adorable.

Hi everyone else Kathy, Kathie, Bell, Patti, weirdo Raymo, Howard and anyone else.

Shirl Parker
10-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey Carol, are you working on any drawings, got any WIPs in progress?

Lady Carol
10-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Shirl, I have one that I have been working on for months. Lost the momentum with it and thinking of starting another :rolleyes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627765

Shirl Parker
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I see, no updates since July. It is looking good. Well, it has been summer and fall, with lots to do outside. Once that PA weather kicks in, maybe the muse will return. Or do something else that strikes you're fancy a bit more.

Lady Carol
10-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I have the guilts over it but honestly not enough to make me push pencils. I have done more since the last update but just have not shown it. I think it needs cropping to a more manageable size. then I will finish it :D

OkeeKat
10-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello all!!
Elaine, I always said my vinnie realy was a doberman dressed up as a maltese! gota few laughs! Same here I never used any costumes on them.
My daughter last yr put a bumblebee shirt and antennas on her golden retriever, she loved it.( the dog). this yr she only wears a pumpkin tshirt.

Been busy last eve and a little bit this am and going out again at 3 pm to help a local artist friend finish up a mural she's been working on, as she's moving out of state in a week, and she asked me to help.. its for a lobby of a dog/cat boarding building at one of our local vets.
and the owner asked me to do another mural she wont have time to do in one of the kennel rooms, very large wall, its so institutional gray right now, needs some color!! Can't wait to sketch a layout for her!!
in between I finished building my ETSY shop online! YEAH!

Grandkids stopped by last night in costume after school festivities.. and will be here tomorrow am for fishin and lunch.. then in eve tomorrowthey go to our local agi-civic center where all the businesses have a LARGE halloween party for all the towns kids.. saves on alot of them running around trick or treating. its realy big thing every year here!

I have a question for you all.... is there any problem with selling outside of the USA?? like export expenses/taxes or something I need to know about??
very curious!!
Hope everyone else is doing great.. will pop back in later.
Later all!!

PattiLou
10-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh Mary... yukky weather for sure. We finally have temperatures down in the 80's, a few clouds this morning and gone by lunch. Wish it would rain here... it is dry.

Elaine, I had to say it before Ray ya know?!?

Finally finished my Different Strokes and posted the gallery. I struggled with it (my painting), never painted a dog before and he has some issues.:D Might be a bad hair day. Other issues with the painting too, but I am glad it is signed 'cause I am not doing anything else to it. Time to move on to something new.

Taking a break from painting for the rest of the weekend.

Raymo
10-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Elaine, I had to say it before Ray ya know?!?

I like the way you think....:lol: :thumbsup: