PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day Today

Luvy
11-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Well guess I was able to capture this cat for a reason. I have this framed and finished it up last week. Today my friend had to put her cat down. So took it over to her instead of waiting until Christmas. Guess there was a reason I started this early enough . Strange I tried doing this cat before and couldn't Was last years sometime. This time I caught him. So sad it's the only cat I ever liked.

llis
11-30-2002, 10:31 PM
((((( Cathy Lee )))))) and to your friend too.

I'm glad you did that portrait too. :cat:

jackiesimmonds
12-01-2002, 04:13 AM
What a wonderful gift/memory you have given to your friend. Aren't you pleased to be an artist?

JohnnyRed
12-01-2002, 07:10 AM
To me, there is no better gift than one created personally by the giver personally for the recipient. This picture proves it. It is something that is very personal and meaningful.

I always feel sad hearing of lost pets. I've lost some in my time. To have such a painting as this, will bring back many happy memories to your friend and to yourself.

A lovely painting, and I like the way you have portrayed the glass in the window.

Luvy
12-01-2002, 08:09 AM
Thank you all for the kind comments. I forgot to say she really loved this. Her hubby didn't trust me enough last year to do a portrait collage of all 3 of her cats. So he paid an artist, which I couldn't blame him I've never done cats before. But I like my Rambo much better than hers *S* So did my friend. The other artist didn't capture Rambos personality or his nose for another thing. She was thrilled with this one.

meowmeow
12-01-2002, 09:00 AM
How sad! I am so glad for your friend (and for you) that you were able to finish this. I am sure having this beautiful picture of her beloved pet will help her.
It is strange how things work out sometimes.

Sandy

KarenU
12-01-2002, 02:59 PM
I'm so sad to hear of the loss of a beloved pet...it is so hard to go through that. But...what a wonderful thing for you to be able to do for them.