PDA

View Full Version : IAPS Web Show on line

Maggie P
10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
The 2010 IAPS Web show is now up on the IAPS web site. It's a great show, with a wonderful assortment of styles and subjects all demonstrating the incredible range of possibilities in pastel.

http://www.pastelinternational.com/COMPETITIONS/seventeenth-web/seventeenthjuried.html

We had a record number of entries this year--over 850 images--and 72 were accepted for the exhibition. It was an enormous job for our show chair, Liz Haywood-Sullivan, and our jurors of selection, Lorenzo Chavez, Margaret Evans and Bill Hosner, and we thank them all for their time and efforts. Our judge of awards, Claudia Seymour, faced an equally daunting task in picking 9 award winners from the accepted entries, and we appreciate her care in selecting the award winners. Her comments about the top 5 award-winning images are included on the web site.

Hope you enjoy the show!

Kathryn Wilson
10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
An amazing show and we had some WC members in the accepted category. I'll let them chime in - but congratulations!

water girl
10-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you Maggie and Kathryn! I was so honored to be accepted into this wonderful show. Yes, I see a few WC people made it as well. Congrats to you all!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2010/112055-Southwestern_Still_Life_002c.jpg

Desiree
10-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Congratulations Karen!!! I want to also congratulate Dianna Ponting, and the other WC people people like Kari Tirrell, great show and it was wonderful to recongnize many of the artist.

Paula Ford
10-21-2010, 11:43 AM
What a beautiful show Maggie!

Congratulations to all!!

Colorix
10-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Congratulations, all!

In addition to the above mentioned names, I see Mike Beeman, Donna Aldrich, and quite a few more I'm uncertain of, as last names are rarely used on WC.

What a wonderful show!

Ruthie57
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Well done to all, especially the names I recognise from WC.
And, just in case she is too shy to say, our own Charlie had a painting accepted! I think the only European one.
Watch out US and Canada, the European infiltration has begun! lol

PeggyB
10-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Congratulations, all!

In addition to the above mentioned names, I see Mike Beeman, Donna Aldrich, and quite a few more I'm uncertain of, as last names are rarely used on WC.

What a wonderful show!

Congratulations to one and all, including you Charlie. :thumbsup: This is a strong show, and the competition was really stiff given there were about 850 slides entered. However, the Donna mentioned is not the same one as "our" Donna Aldridge. This isn't the first time the two Donnas have been confused so don't feel too badly. Donna Aldridge would have either the MidAmerica Pastel Society or Pastel Society of America listed under her name. Donna Aldrich has the Pastel Society of New Mexico listed, and there work doesn't look all that similar either.

Peggy

water girl
10-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Congrats to dear Charlie!!! Ruthie, thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Colorix
10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Ruthie, Karen, Peggy, thank you! I'm both extatic and humbled, and, well, speachless (for a change... :-).

Peggy, definitely my mistake, I see the spelling is different too, thank you for clarifying. The congratulations stands, of course.

Merethe T
10-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Amazing show, strong works and very inspirational.
And how fun to see so many WC'ers accepted - well done and congratulations to you all! :clap:

(Charlie, speachless.....? Really.....? ;) :D)

winecountry
10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Congratulations everyone... those who are in please put up your entry, nice to see it all alone too.

You know I don't come to this place much and since I hadn't heard, I thought oh well. And I've spent the last 3 months totally focused on plein air, in oil, so I've really not checked in much. When I saw Maggies post I thought oh yeah I wonder what got in.... was totally gobsmacked( I love that British word) to see my cat was accepted...what a total thrill, and what lovely work is in the show.

What means a lot here for me is some confirmation of my new more abstract approaches blended with the realism. I should also thank Maggie so much as if she hadn't posted on WC I would not have entered, because I didn't know of the show....so :grouphug: Maggie and thanks for this thread too or I wouldn't know I got in:o
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Oct-2010/103030-a_pastel_journal_coming_home_portrait_of_tuddy_sm_2641.jpg

Dougwas
10-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Congratulations to all of the WC artists who were honored.

Doug

Mike_Beeman
10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Congratulations to everyone...excellent exhibit and an honor to be chosen with so many exceptional artists!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Oct-2010/49603-Morethanflowerspjwc.jpg

Ruthie57
10-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Congrats Colleen and Mike! Fabulous paintings. Colleen, I just knew that was yours even though I didn't know your surname.

winecountry
10-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks Ruthie, feels good after putting this in a very small local show and it didn't even place at the lowest levels...so tho I feel immense gratitude, I'm keeping things in perspective:lol:

appydax
10-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Thank you for posting as I would never had known about it
and missed seeing some absolutely fabulous pastel paintings.
Sharron

Maggie P
10-21-2010, 06:02 PM
What fun to come back and read all these comments! Congratulations again to all the WCers who got in the show!

The IAPS web show is an annual event, but there are other IAPS competitions as well. If you sign up for the IAPS newsletter next time you visit the site, you'll here from me every 4-8 weeks with brief emails letting you know of upcoming opportunities and things of interest to pastelists. No advertising, and we don't sell the list, and you can opt out if you get tired of it.

And thanks for all the "thank-yous"...I appreciate it!

Colorix
10-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Colleen, congratulations, I wondered if it was our Colleen, and it was, is! Absolutely totally lovely painting!

Me too, my stuff wasn't even considered in two local shows, so man, this feels good!

Maggie, you and your team has made a fantastic job. Liz is great, she took so good care of us internationals, I've heard from some others praising her too. The thought of matching fees, names, and images is daunting...

OK, now that I'm on the next page from Mike B, I dare to post mine... :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Oct-2010/117343-L-OrchidAndChopstics-ChHerc.jpg

Orchid and Chopsticks
Pastelmat

water girl
10-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Charlie, I should have recognized your fabulous pallette, but I would have been looking for a landscape. Colleen, I had no idea that was your kitty, but I shared it with my wildlife artist friends....wonderful! Mike and Dianna, I would recognize your work without seeing your names. Again, congratulations to you all. Kari where are you???

GaryNorthants
10-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Super showcase, so many styles and approaches represented. Dust Rocks :clap:
Gary

Turpintine45
10-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Wonderful work! Congratulations to one and all. Jen

SonyaJ
10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Maggie - thanks much for posting the link to the show results and entrants here; I might have missed it otherwise! Beautiful works, in a nice variety of styles and subject matter. I can only imagine how tough it was to jury that show, both for entrants and winners.

Congratulations to all the WC folks whose paintings were included in the show - what a huge honor :).

Colorix
10-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you guys for the congrats!

Karen, love your painting, how you break up the colourful geometric pattern with the round bowl and the pepper, which go so thematically well with the rug! Oh, I think I might confuse, as my first love is still-lifes, but I have wrestled landscapes to the carpet/rug/floor (whatever it is called), for a long while, as it is so wonderful to be outdoors, and it gives greater variety to me to handle different subjects (easily bored, I'm afraid...).

winecountry
10-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for all the kind remarks:heart:

and Karen great to put a face with those fab peppers,

gardencorner
10-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Very late to the party...my apologies! :eek: Many thanks to Maggie for her contributions as Pres of IAPS as well as posting the link. Would have missed it otherwise and the entries are spectacular!!! Karen, Mike B, Charlie, Colleen, Dianna & Kari T congratulations!!! :clap: :clap: Nice to see so many WCers' work accepted in the show. Absolutely Exhilarating! Warm regards, Shea

winecountry
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
thank you Shea, really I'm still having a time making it seem real, with a show where you take the work it's concrete, one in cyber space seems harder to me...but I still feel a glow of having done it, like making it to the World Series or something. :thumbsup:

allydoodle
10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Beautiful paintings everyone, Congratulations to all the accepted entries and winners! I really enjoyed the "eye candy" on the website. Isn't pastel wonderful? It's the best really.......:D

RainySea
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Congrats to all. . . the works are all so very beautiful.

A special congrats to local gal Karen!! I just joined up in October and the society is great. Loved the demo and look forward to the next one.

water girl
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Rainy, Thank you. Please make yourself known at the December meeting.:wave:

saramathewson
10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
i want to say congrats to everyone who got into the show. It was exciting to see so many WC members in it and especially to Charlie who was the first one from the Pastel guild of Europe! All of the paintings were gorgeous!

Sara

Colorix
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you so much, guys. Thank you Sarah, the Guild is happy and proud, and we were the only European society represented, to boot!

DAK723
10-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Congratulations everyone!! Wow, what incredible paintings!!

Don

pastelist
10-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, what an amazing show. Congratulations!

scall0way
10-30-2010, 11:42 PM
I wanted to add my congratulations also. What a wonderful and varied collections of paintings. I'm totally in awe, and absolutely amazed at the number of WCers who made it into the show. Wow, congratulations to each and every one of you!

Adriana Meiss
10-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Beautiful show. Congratulations to the WC members who got in!

KariTirrell
11-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Charlie, I should have recognized your fabulous pallette, but I would have been looking for a landscape. Colleen, I had no idea that was your kitty, but I shared it with my wildlife artist friends....wonderful! Mike and Dianna, I would recognize your work without seeing your names. Again, congratulations to you all. Kari where are you???

I've been off on vacation and, now that I'm back, working on commissions. When I get really busy I forget to check in at WC. :o

Thanks for the congrats, though, and I'd like to add my own to you and everyone else here that made it into the show! It was nice to be included.:)