PDA

View Full Version : Awards for the Annual Members Show

CarlyHardy
10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Since the cash awards weren't mentioned in the fall newsletter, I wanted to post them here for everyone. Some members who received checks were pleasantly surprised!!

In both categories the awards were....

First Place - $300 cash award
Second Place - $200 cash award
Third Place - $100 cash award

All Honorable Mentions were awarded $50 cash award

Next year Sennelier will again be sponsoring their Award of Excellence with a wooden box of 120 oil pastels!:clap: Hopefully we will have other awards from manufacturers in addition to this one!

carly

gekai
10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
The check was a pleasant surprise indeed

CarlyHardy
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Hope you'll find it useful for new oil pastels!!

RainySea
11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Sponsored prizes are so cool! So will those be additional awards that they get to pick or using their own judge or how does it work, Carly?

Scarefishcrow
11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Carly,
Thanks for the information and I hope it bodes well for the continued growth in both the OPS and general awareness and acceptance by the art community at large of the quality and artistic merit that can be found among works by Oil Pastelists.

And thanks to you for all the hard work you do in organizing the show.

Bill
:clap: :heart: :music: :heart: :clap:

aolaranora
11-13-2010, 10:38 AM
The check was a pleasant surprise indeed

That sure was!

I met with the girl, who is working as representative of Savore Faire (exporter of Sennelier products to United States), her name is Michelle and she is a product demonstrator and consultant for Savore Faire and member (now Vice president) of the same pastel Society I'm belong to.

I'll try to stay in touch with her and perhaps Peirre will be interested in sponsoring us in the future. Michelle says he does a lot for watercolor Society, she is a member of. So.... perhaps!

Scarefishcrow
11-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Great to make friendly contacts with distributor reps, Tatiana. Always a good source of information or answers to questions that may come up regarding their product line.

B ill
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aolaranora
11-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Absolutely, Bill!