PDA

View Full Version : Creativity Spills Over-Happy Thanksgiving

impressionist2
11-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Today I chopped and diced and simmered it all in a pan of olive oil, and thought about Thanksgivings past. How my Mom used to make the preparations and how each generation improvises while keeping some of the past intact. As I chopped up the celery and leaves, I remembered how Mom did the same thing. My family enjoyed the wafting aromas as Thanksgivings past revisited us.

Although we are going to my son's tomorrow, I always am in charge of the stuffing and mashed potatoes and it's a comfort to prepare them for the feast. I had a warm and fuzzy feeling as I chopped up walnuts, onions ( white and yellow), mushrooms, celery and all the spices, along with the tangy sausage. My husband is in charge of the tearing of the breads and as the eggs and oils get blended, it's nice to have the holidays back again.

As I ran to the store for new potato peelers ( always something at the last minute!) I saw a shadow go under my car. I knew it was my beautiful cat, Samantha, my companion for 21 years, who, while she was here, always liked to sit under the cars and sniff the tires. She had come to visit me , knowing I was lost today, in yesteryear. I wished her a Happy Thanksgiving in Heaven. Ofcourse, I had a good quick cry on the way to the stores. The past has it's blessings and sorrows.

May you all pause tomorrow and enjoy the beauty of the day. May your joys outweigh your sorrows and may you always feel blessed. Peace to all and to our country too.

Renee

hummingbird
11-27-2002, 05:36 PM
That was really wonderful Renee! Love what you wrote and esp. about Samantha your cat. Having lost pets myself, I love signs like that!

As for me, I don't really get into Thanksgiving. Oven is broke anyways. We're having a veeeeeeery stress free Thanksgiving. We'll grab a bite to eat, maybe even McDonalds! :) Which is about terrific with me!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, whatever you do, wherever you go!

Pat

Blueyog
11-27-2002, 11:43 PM
mmmmmmm... food !

The part about your cat was really sad, we always love those little animal :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you, because we don't celebrate it here. I wish to all of you a very good day! :D

Taminka
11-28-2002, 02:07 PM
Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Australia either, but it's always good to be reminded to be thankful - and there's so much to be thankful for - so thanks Renee

Minky

debi-d
11-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Happy thanksgiving to our American friends, here in Canada we celebrate it early in October. Yours is so close to christmas.
Impressionist2 have a wonderful day full of great memories and traditions. Our thanksgiving consists of approx 27 people crammed into my mothers house. Thats why I get to do christmas.
But its wonderful to partake in family traditions, even if it mickyd"S.
The important thing is to stop and reflect and give thanks for all the wonders of our lives.
Thanks giving puts us in the attitiude of gratitude.
have a great day
debi

impressionist2
11-28-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks Everyone. It was a wonderful family day and now we're stuffed!!

Here's Samantha, the best pal anyone could ever have. In the snow when she was in her prime. One day I will hug her again, and sit with her in my lap by the fire as we used to do.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2002/SamanthaSnow.jpg

Plus, one half of the newest members of our family ( you can see I favor black and white long hairs), Mr. Wooley on his kitty condo. He and his brother, both rescue kitties, have eased the pain a lot. But, Samantha will always hold that special place of honor.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2002/WooleyCatCondo.jpg

There's always room in the heart to love more kitties.

Renee