PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 25 & 26.11.02 LOL

KarenU
11-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Just had to share some good news.....many of you know I've been complaining about the lack of art classes in my area...well I hit the mother load! I recently became aware of a group called the Pacific Art League. Founded in 1921, it is apparently one of the oldest established art groups in the Bay Area. They purchased their permanent location in 1965, a historic 7500 square foot building in the town of Palo Alto. They offer over 200 classes per year focusing on Figure Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture and Pastel. I've signed up for 4 classes!! In January I'll begin my first 12 week series in Pastel, Life Drawing, Portraiture, and Acrylic Painting. Needless to say...I am ecstatic! :D

rwhale
11-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Congratulations, Karen!! That's wonderful (although I have to admit, I'm jealous;) :mad: ;) )!!

-Roger

llis
11-26-2002, 10:29 AM
I'm a day late getting here, but Congratulations Karen! I know you will have fun. Can't wait to see what you do. :)

llis
11-26-2002, 10:41 AM
Just wondering what everyone is up to today? I'm trying out some new pastels. I read a tip somewhere about using new pastels that said to take the wrappers off and go ahead and break them if they are full sticks. Then make a book out of some pastel paper to make marks from your new pastel colors and label them since you will be throwing the wrapper away. That way if you like that color, you can be sure to know exactly what number/color it was and order again. :) I think I'm going to do this and just make a small color chart to keep in the pastel box. You never know... it might come in handy to even decide what colors are your favorites and what colors you want to pull out for your next piece.

gredelin
11-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Karen: 200 classes per year? Wow! I'm with Roger: congratulations but I'm envious...
Tonight my pastels class is finally happening again after three weeks of cancellations, I'm really looking forward to it! The instructor was kind enough to let me tag along to another class of hers once, but it's still been two weeks and I miss it!
Other than that there seems to be some kind of holiday coming up - I'm hearing the twins waking up (blabbing and jumping up and down in cribs) so we're off to get a turkey.
/Gunilla

CarlyHardy
11-26-2002, 07:45 PM
I missed painting yesterday because of auto problems! but today the weather cooperated and I was able to finish a painting I began on Sunday and finish another behind out new library! I think it will begin raining again tomorrow!

Is everyone getting ready to cook turkeys!

I have wonderful friends who invite Hal and me to their house on Thanksgiving....I love it...great food...no cooking!!
carly