PDA

View Full Version : WIA Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dawnt0721
10-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Good morning!

Just starting us off since I'm here at work killing time until we open. I think I'll watch some tv over the internet. Hope ya'll are all having a good day!

Andee
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Dawn, hi all!

Had a very exhausting business day-trip and meeting yesterday, only got home at 10:00 pm, no way I was able to get up this morning at 5, headache and all, so I spent the day at home which did me good. I even made a bracelet and a pair of earrings - yay.

I haven't read the last WIAs, my head is too stuffed with work and all, I don't think I have done myself much of a favour with this new job.

Hope everybody's doing okay - hugs!

TheBlueBetween
10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
hi guys, just a quick wave, I'm trying to get all my work with Luke done so I can go make beads. If I have the energy for it once I'm done...

Hugs all around.

claire.c
10-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi guys
Just back from dancing, tired and sweaty and feeling good. My joints are just about keeping up with it, knee hurting a little but not too badly, another few weeks and I hope to start my Monday class again. Work was OK, I finally tackled the job I'd been putting off, reading the 8th VAT directive and working out how to file our claims. Think I understand now. Tomorrow my colleague is off so I'm the only one downstairs, I'm going to have my lines running all day!

Dawn, wish I could watch tv at work! How is your son getting on with his diabetes control now?

Andee, good for you taking the day off, they work you far too hard. The extra time travelling must make it worse, still no sign of anything closer to home I suppose? Well done getting some pieces made.

Pam, I hope you wangled some studio time, seems like you are doing several jobs all rolled into one. Are you still hoping for a school place or will that have to wait a year?

Dawnt0721
10-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Andee - yay for taking a day off and making jewelry! I'm still holding out hope that your new job will be better than the last.

Pam - did you make it to your studio? Hope so!

Claire - I don't normally watch tv at work but on Wednesdays I volunteer at the school reading with the kids and end up getting to work about an hour early. I always bring my beads so I have stuff to work on but rarely get much done. Especially this morning when a man knocked on the door and said I'm here to change out your lights!

Didn't get much work done today. Although it was pretty quiet it seemed like there was always someone browsing through. And I have to vent. WHY OH WHY do you bring a two year old into a bead store and then expect him to listen to you when you tell him not to touch anything 42 TIMES!! GRRRR!

Barrie
10-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi kids! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.

Dawn, you'd have a fit at this one store locally - when the woman had her daughter, the child was raised at the store. The mom & grandma own it, so they're both there almost all the time, so the little girl was there every day until she hit about 5 - now she has a babysitter - she's old enough to make a big stink when she's bored! lol There were many a day those little fingers made a heck of a mess and the staff had to tidy up after her. Glad I didn't shop there often!!! ARGH! I used to work in a pet store in a mall - we actually had a sign that indicated that we were NOT a babysitting service, but many parents didn't really pay attention to that. SO frustrating!!

Claire, sounds like you have your lines under control! lol It also sounds like your joints are actually holding up okay - just be careful not to overdo! (Mother hen instinct runs deep in me! LOL).

Andee, argh about the headache! No wonder you didn't go to work - but hey, at least you got a little jewelry made! Yay! That's a good sign at least!

Pam, you're busier than a one armed paper hanger! lol Love the Halloween totems you and Luke made!! Cute!! Don't forget to post pics of your Halloween decorations - you always do such cool stuff!!

I've looked for Charissa myself occasionally and she did post in one of the other WC forums last Sept, but nothing else anywhere that I could find. I used to have her mailing address from an exchange we did years ago, but don't have that on this computer. Hope she's busy living her life and is happy.

Well, I have been super busy with bead show stuff (this is the email from hell time of the show - it never ends!). Plus started a new class last night - 15 new peeps. It went very well, everyone seemed to have a good time. And it was fun, can't ask for much more than that!! I even canceled tonight's class cuz I just need to catch up! :) So on that note, I best get back to my myriad of emails! Have a great night all!! Cheers!