PDA

View Full Version : CarbOthello pastel pencils

Elaine
11-24-2002, 10:06 AM
I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice about some CarbOthello pastel pencils that I just bought. It says on the paper that came with the set that you can paint them with water and a brush or draw directly on a wet area. Anyone had any experience in doing this???

Elaine:confused:

She-She
11-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Elaine,
I use CarbOthello pencils. I have never tried to use water with them. I just use them like you would pastel chalk sticks. If it says that they can be used with water, give it a try. Can't hurt. The reason why I use the pencils is because I don't like to get my hands dirty... :rolleyes: :D

sundiver
11-24-2002, 11:19 AM
Sounds interesting! Give them a try and let us know what happened.

KarenU
11-24-2002, 12:50 PM
Hi Elaine....welcome to Wet Canvas! :D Yes, please do a little experiment and let us know your results.

Redsy333
11-24-2002, 06:58 PM
Hi and Welcome!!!
YES!! I am an avid user of Carbothellos! I have used them with water and they work just fine. If youve ever used watercolor pencils they are similar. They do not however have as much color once wet, like the wc pencils. Its basically one of those things you really need to just get in there and play with.
As with any medium , if you apply water you need to make sure your paper is prepped for such. If not it will buckle as it dries.
One way to experiment is to, wet your brush and paint the outer lines of your desired shape, then while its damp go in and sketch over damp lines. The colors will bleed and follow path of dampness.
You can also draw the lines first with Carbo's then pull color from lines with damp brush.
Just a few ideas to play with:D Have fun and keep us posted!!