PDA

View Full Version : Creased Paper

Anna Marie
11-23-2002, 05:51 PM
I keep my Canson Mi-teintes sheets stored flat between two sheets of MDF but went to use some and it isnt exactly crease but there are sort of semi creases in places. How can I get rid of them ?

JohnnyRed
11-23-2002, 06:26 PM
If the sheets haven't been worked on, and the creases aren't too heavy I heard that you can use an iron to press out the creases.

I tried this once with a completed work that got creased and it worked - not perfectly as some of the crease was still visible under certain light conditions - but it did show an improvement.

Press on the reverse side of the sheet in order to maintain as much of the tooth as possible.

Interesting thread, I look forward to reading other ways to smooth out creased paper.

Gaka
11-23-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi AM

This thread was posted on 22-10 02 it may help you some.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67218

Seeya

Gaka

Taminka
11-24-2002, 02:33 AM
Anna Marie - I've found if you dampen the paper with a fine spray and press it between 2 sheets of blotting paper and weight it till it dries, many small creases will disappear.

Cheers,
Minky

Anna Marie
11-24-2002, 05:16 AM
Hi thanks for the tips.

I tried the iron thing but my paper rolled up perhaps I was too hot or too enthusiastic.

I dont think I'd be brave enough to iron a finished Piece. A bit too much like hang-gliding or bungee jumping

Big Jack
12-09-2002, 01:16 PM
I just received some paper samples and UPS dinged them. Not really a crease or a fold but more like a dimple about an inch across. I tried an iron on various heat settings and with and without steam. I got the best results by wetting the paper with a sponge on one side and then applying the iron on its lowest heat setting to the other side without any steam.

The paper was 70-80 lb drawing paper. The iron treatment helped with the dimple but it is still visiable if viewed at an angle.

Hope this helps
Jack

gallery523
12-09-2002, 04:19 PM
that is a good tidbit to remember and experiment with, ironong a finished piece.